• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Strangers in Paradise

87 posts in this topic

Not that it's all about money, but i am surprised about the relative worthlessness of issues 9, etc up. Not that I thought they'd be big money. Was it so popular at that point that there are a lot of them out there?

Not that it's all about money, but i am surprised about the relative worthlessness of issues 9, etc up. Not that I thought they'd be big money. Was it so popular at that point that there are a lot of them out there?

It's a niche, indie title that never really crossed over to the mainstream and has also been reprinted in a ton of different formats - it's basically only the 3 first issues of the very first self-published series that are worth anything.

It's a niche, indie title that never really crossed over to the mainstream and has also been reprinted in a ton of different formats - it's basically only the 3 first issues of the very first self-published series that are worth anything.

They are worth reading. :sumo:

5 hours ago, joe_collector said:

Probably, if you went to the proper MODERN forum.

Right... 24 years of MODERN from 1993 to 2017.

Just like the 24 years of Golden Age from 1938 (Superman) to 1962 (Spider-man).

Just like the 24 years of Silver Age from 1962 (Spider-man) to 1986 (Dark Knight). 

I think joe_collector believes every book after he reached grumpy old man is MODERN. lol

Laugh it up Einstein, and even for someone of your obviously-limited imagination you should be able to understand that Copper or Modern simply cannot keep getting extended ad infinitum. What happens in 2050? 2075? 2100? Assuming humankind is still around and we have comics, is Copper going to get 50 years and Modern another 50 years?

At some point we need an age to define the early-90's to mid-2000's, and that is what I am referring to.

Edited by joe_collector

10 hours ago, joe_collector said:

Laugh it up Einstein, and even for someone of your obviously-limited imagination you should be able to understand that Copper or Modern simply cannot keep getting extended ad infinitum. What happens in 2050? 2075? 2100? Assuming humankind is still around and we have comics, is Copper going to get 50 years and Modern another 50 years?

At some point we need an age to define the early-90's to mid-2000's, and that is what I am referring to.

I dunno if there is a title but maybe the SILICON AGE? TITANIUM AGE? DIGITAL AGE? BRASS AGE? Just my 2¢. What do you think?

Chrome or Chromium Age works for me, and it's been brought up many times before.

It would start with Spider-man #1 which started the whole "multi-cover, artist as rock star, limited platinum/chromium cover, million-seller" phase in comics (along with the start of Valiant), and would end.. where?

Forget the metals, minerals, and shiny-objects, people --- we're talking about paper goods! lol

The Copper Age is not an Olympic medal (we chose Bronze... why again?)... and the actual Copper Age of civilization happened before the Bronze Age.

Comics from the 1980s are called "1980s comics"

Comics from the 1990s are called "1990s comics"

Keep it up with the metals and we'll be calling the years from mid-2030s to late-2040s the "Ytterbium Age" and then we'll just have to explain what it means in terms of decades anyway.

11 hours ago, joe_collector said:

Don't try to switch what you said.  You claimed that Strangers In Paradise (1993) belonged in the MODERN AGE discussion.  You're the one saying it doesn't belong in the Copper Age and that the topic should be over in Modern, which would make the Modern Age 24 years long.  

I pointed out how we've never had an age that was 24 years long and you claim that I'm the one who is making the ages last 50 years.

But, to be fair, you said one thing yesterday and the opposite today, so perhaps you wake up as a different person every day.  I was arguing with Yesterday Joe, and today it seems you are, too.