• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Black Panther official movie thread (11/3/17)
1 1

1,416 posts in this topic

On 4/13/2018 at 2:28 AM, Gatsby77 said:

So the # 5 movie in America yesterday will be available on-demand in just three weeks?

That's impressive. Back in the day you had to wait at least four months for a film to hit VHS.

and two weeks later it's still #5 after another crazy $600K Wed (up 20% vs last week)

Finally saw it Saturday night and really liked it.  I’d put it up there with Winter Soldier as one of the better Marvel movies (Avengers, Spidey and, now IG being my favorites).  My wife and daughter both really enjoyed it as well.  Good story, good action, good characters.  Really well done.  

On 5/4/2018 at 2:22 PM, Chaos_in_Canada said:

I wonder if Coppola would ever try his hand at a superhero movie? He did do Dracula. I like to see his take on a super hero movie.

14 minutes ago, Chaos_in_Canada said:

According to Wiki, Francis Ford Coppola is 79 years young.

So...no!:blahblah:

You never know Ridley Scott is 80 and Martin Scorsese is 75 and they are still making movies,plus my angle would be Coppola would get one more big payday for doing it. He could be like Spielberg and try to get in on the super hero bandwagon.

btw Spielberg at 71 years old is no spring chicken either.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

On 4/26/2018 at 11:24 PM, DavidTheDavid said:

You know. I was underwhelmed by this movie. Not as much as I was by Doctor Strange, but I was prepared to be wowed. And I just wasn't.

Finally saw it this weekend (wanted to see it before Infinity War) and completely agree: very underwhelming. There were some good performances (Winston Duke as Man-Ape) but the plot was far too predictable. Near the bottom of my Marvel movie rankings.

6 hours ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

I wonder if Coppola would ever try his hand at a superhero movie? He did do Dracula. I like to see his take on a super hero movie.

Bigger problem than his age is that Coppola hasn't made a watchable movie since 1997 (The Rainmaker), or a truly great movie since the '70s (the last being 1979's Apocalypse Now).

Ridley Scott may be the king of "hit-or-miss" but at least he still tries.

I've not met anyone who can even name any of the five movies Coppola's directed this century.

On 5/6/2018 at 12:53 PM, Gatsby77 said:

Bigger problem than his age is that Coppola hasn't made a watchable movie since 1997 (The Rainmaker), or a truly great movie since the '70s (the last being 1979's Apocalypse Now).

Ridley Scott may be the king of "hit-or-miss" but at least he still tries.

I've not met anyone who can even name any of the five movies Coppola's directed this century.

Lost in Translation, The Beguiled, hm