• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Black Panther official movie thread (11/3/17)
1 1

1,416 posts in this topic

Chadwick Boseman Says That BLACK PANTHER Will Be 'Grittier' And A 'Big Deal'

Speaking with CBR, Chadwick Boseman talked about how the film is gonna be much grittier than much lighter Marvel films like Ant-Man and how every person (of every race) will want to see the film.

"It’s funny, because on one hand, the Marvel movies that I’ve liked the most are the ones that are funny. I love Ant-Man. But for me, most of the time the darker superhero movies are the ones that I gravitate towards, that I love the most. So I’m glad that I’m not in an Ant-Man. I’m glad that the tone of [black Panther] may be a little grittier. I just wanted to establish that from the beginning, that that’s what we were doing. That that’s what I intend to do. I feel like we’ll end up in a place that I’ve always wanted to be when I look at superhero movies. Those are the ones I like the most. It’s exciting to do that."

"I feel the energy. The image itself opens people’s minds up. You can talk about it all you want, you can have it in a comic book, you can even do an animated series, but when you see real people doing it, it changes something inside of you. It’s going to be a big deal because there’s not just Black people or people of African descent that want to see it, I think everybody wants to see it. That’s the beautiful thing. I truly believe there are more people who want to see it than don’t want to see it, especially after being here."

Does BLACK PANTHER's Ring Possess Any Special Abilities?

There's a popular theory that the ring T'Challa inherits from T'Chaka has unspecified magical abilities with the clue being T'Challa's seemingly surprised face when his ring comes into contract with Bucky's metal arm.

2c%2C.gif' alt='2.gif.9fc66b13abe5d736a39bc1a668f42ae9.gif' alt='2c'>%2C.gif'>

Anthony Russo, one-half of the sibling director duo responsible for The Winter Soldier, Civil War and forthcoming Avengers: Infinity War, recently answered a fan question on Quora on this very subject.

Said Russo, "Black Panther’s ring is special to him because it was worn by his father, the king. When he puts it on for the first time in Civil War, it’s symbolic of him taking on his father’s role. As for it’s powers, we will all have to wait for the Black Panther movie."

:o

Yeah, I guess if you sided more with Cap in Civil War you could see BP as an anti-hero type I guess. He was working with Stark to get revenge but I loved how Boseman portrayed him and I'm pumped for his solo film.

The term "Black Panther" in the 60s when T'challa character was created had some baggage as anti-establishment because of the movement. It's very possible that has zero meaning, but it could also be wherefrom the bad boy rep sprung.

There's a popular theory that the ring T'Challa inherits from T'Chaka has unspecified magical abilities with the clue being T'Challa's seemingly surprised face when his ring comes into contract with Bucky's metal arm.

Anthony Russo, one-half of the sibling director duo responsible for The Winter Soldier, Civil War and forthcoming Avengers: Infinity War, recently answered a fan question on Quora on this very subject.

Said Russo, "Black Panthers ring is special to him because it was worn by his father, the king. When he puts it on for the first time in Civil War, its symbolic of him taking on his fathers role. As for its powers, we will all have to wait for the Black Panther movie."

did they ever say what bucky's arm is made of?

Said Russo, "Black Panthers ring is special to him because it was worn by his father, the king. When he puts it on for the first time in Civil War, its symbolic of him taking on his fathers role. As for its powers, we will all have to wait for the Black Panther movie."

did they ever say what bucky's arm is made of?

I don't think they ever said it. But the assumption is Vibranium. Especially when you see the reaction between Bucky's arm and Black Panther's ring.

BLACK PANTHER Casts Man-Ape

ManApe.jpg

According to Variety, Person of Interest actor Winston Duke will play Man-Ape in Marvel's upcoming Black Panther movie. Michael Be. Jordan was previously cast as Erik Killmonger and is said to be the primary antagonist.

Before selecting Winston, Variety adds that The Get Down star Yahya Abdul-Mateen II was also in the mix for the role.

With Chadwick Boseman recently hinting that previous Black Panther's will play a key role in telling T'Challa's origin, perhaps Man-Ape will be a foil of T'Chaka or a previous owner of the Black Panther mantle?

Black Panther Filming Location And Start Date Revealed

A new open casting call for extras has seemingly revealed the filming location and start date for Black Panther. According to Tammy Smith Casting, filming will begin in January 2017 and take place in Atlanta, GA.

Lupita N'yongo, who is playing Nakia, a member of the Wakandan all-female special forces gave us a short synopsis of what we will see in Black Panther, "The story of this Black Panther - what I am allowed to say - is that Black Panther's leadership has been threatened by two foes who come together, and so Black Panther gets the help of the C.I.A. and the Dora Milaje to try and defeat the enemy."

black-panther-extras-casting-call-207116.jpg

AMERICAN HORROR STORY And GREEN LANTERN Star Angela Bassett Joins Marvel's BLACK PANTHER

Angela_Bassett.jpg

Marvel Studios may have put together their best cast yet for Ryan Coogler's (Creed) Black Panther, and that's a statement backed up by the latest addition to the highly anticipated 2018 release. That is Angela Bassett, an actress who many of you will remember for playing the villainous Amanda Waller in Green Lantern. She's also known for American Horror Story and What's Love Got to Do with It.

The latter landed Bassett an Academy Award nomination, but in Black Panther, she will play Ramonda, the mother of Chadwick Boseman's T'Challa. No additional details have been revealed, but after what happened to T'Chaka in Captain America: Civil War, this will probably be a pretty significant role.

tumblr_mzi0d7srsP1r5l9g3o1_500.gif

AMERICAN HORROR STORY And GREEN LANTERN Star Angela Bassett Joins Marvel's BLACK PANTHER

Angela_Bassett.jpg

Marvel Studios may have put together their best cast yet for Ryan Coogler's (Creed) Black Panther, and that's a statement backed up by the latest addition to the highly anticipated 2018 release. That is Angela Bassett, an actress who many of you will remember for playing the villainous Amanda Waller in Green Lantern. She's also known for American Horror Story and What's Love Got to Do with It.

The latter landed Bassett an Academy Award nomination, but in Black Panther, she will play Ramonda, the mother of Chadwick Boseman's T'Challa. No additional details have been revealed, but after what happened to T'Chaka in Captain America: Civil War, this will probably be a pretty significant role.

This might be the best cast a marvel movie has ever had.

Angela_Bassett.jpg

They've also added Forest Whitaker to the cast.

Angela_Bassett.jpg

They've also added Forest Whitaker to the cast.
Now, i just need Denzel or Viola Davis! lol. Man, what a cast. One of the best black casts ever. Edited by Hawkman

Also, i hope this has a FIRE soundtrack. Like, i'd love to hear D'Angelo, Maxwell, Common, De La, Beyonce and/or Solange, Q-Tip, Nas, The Roots, hell even Drake and Bruno Mars thrown in for more commercial appeal.

Edited by Hawkman

Angela_Bassett.jpg

Kinda ironic...during the 90s she was almost everyone's top choice to play Storm if they made a X-Men movie. Unfortunately her time for that passed. Now she gets to play the mother of the character that would eventually marry Storm.

Martin Freeman Confirmed For BLACK PANTHER As First Batch Of Set Photos Surface

ZSuCyeB.png

4IqBkjS.png

Earlier this week, Marvel Studios kicked off production on the eighteenth chapter in its illustrious Marvel Cinematic Universe, Black Panther, and now, thanks to Just Jared, we have our first look at a few key cast members, sans costume, on the set of the Ryan Coogler-directed superhero feature.

In the photos, we get a clear look at Chadwick Boseman (Captain America: Civil War), who stars as T'Challa, and Danai Gurira (The Walking Dead), who will play Okoye, sharing a laugh between scenes and then another with Academy Award-winner Lupita Nyong'o (Star Wars: Episode VIII), playing Nakia, exiting a building. The final shot is the most interesting yet as it confirms the long-rumored return of Golden Globe-nominee Martin Freeman (Captain America: Civil War) as Everett Ross.