• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain America: Civil War official movie thread (5/6/16)

2,267 posts in this topic

So, I always loved this event. I quit big events after age of apocalypse, and this is the one that finally got me back into event books.

Anyway, I collected it all as it happened, but the sketch variants were always way to crazy expensive, so while I wanted them I passed on it.

When it became clear this movie/event was coming to the MCU, I decided the time had come to pull the trigger on the sketch variants while they were still cheap and forgotten.

To get this thread started, I'm posting my collection, and asking a question:

Books:

CivilWar1.jpgCivilWar2.jpgCivilWar3.jpg

CivilWar4.jpgCivilWar5.jpgCivilWar6.jpg

CivilWar7.jpg

Question:

Do you think the entire Civil War story will be compressed to one movie, or will it start in Avengers 2, have its main events in Cap 3, and pop up/resonate in a few others (Ant-man, Black Panther, etc)?

Personally, I feel like they planned to tell this story over time, but the Batman vs Superman release date, plus Captain America 2s success, created the perfect storm to push the story out now and get Ironman in Cap 3.

I believe it could be the last one of his contract, i would think if they stick to the story, that Bucky will get his turn from 2016-2018, and I could see Evans coming back post thanos.

I can see Cap (Evans) dying at the end of Cap 3 and brought back to life along with Hemsworth (if he dies in Thor 3) following the events in Infinity War. It will serve as a curtain call for what they did to help build this amazing movie franchise.

I believe it could be the last one of his contract, i would think if they stick to the story, that Bucky will get his turn from 2016-2018, and I could see Evans coming back post thanos.

I can see Cap (Evans) dying at the end of Cap 3 and brought back to life along with Hemsworth (if he dies in Thor 3) following the events in Infinity War. It will serve as a curtain call for what they did to help build this amazing movie franchise.

That's exactly what I think as well, posted the same general thing in the Marvel announcement thread last week. Having them dead will really build up the movie tension. Plus, Thanos is going to kill pretty much everyone and then have it all undone, just like the real story.

It leaves them the perfect avenue to bring any and all people back, while also changing actors if needed.

I believe it could be the last one of his contract, i would think if they stick to the story, that Bucky will get his turn from 2016-2018, and I could see Evans coming back post thanes.

Evans has said a few times that he'd like to be done as an actor. He said once his contract for Cap was up, he'd probably try to get behind the camera in some capacity.

Personally, He is phenomenal as Cap and I'm not sure anyone could ever play the role again. He is that good, honestly.

that interview is often taken out of context, and posted trimmed. I actually went back at the time he gave it and watched the entire thing, not just read the transcript.

He implies other people were exaggerating the strength of those comments, and that he wants to keep being involved in Marvels movies (as an actor and as Cap). I think he'll be back, post IW2 as Cap

Man, that is going to be a sad scene to see if this all plays out the way it should. Chris Evens, like Robert Downey JR, has just become so ingrained in the Marvel Studios material. Even with Thor: The Dark World, having Loki assume his image in a scene shows Cap is all over the Marvel Universe.

:(

I like his Cap. And I will hate to see it go.

the best part off killing someone of is bringing them back. It would make for a great final scene of IW2.

Thanos has been defeated, everything is restored, the asgardians are back, earth is celebrating, phase 4 is set up and ready to roll, the avengers toasting together at stark/avengers tower.

credits roll and end

we see the celebration scene again from a new angle, camera pans down to the street. We see a man walking by in the crowd, passes a comic book store with captain america toys in the window. Man turns to the camera, its Chris Evans in plain clothes, not seen for two years real time.

Hard cut to black

that kind of thing...

RUSH Star Daniel Brühl Joins The Cast Of CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR In A Villainous Role

-----------------

"With Daniel's ability to deliver intense, nuanced performances, we knew we had found yet another great actor to share the screen with some of our biggest heroes," Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige said in a statement released today. However, Deadline reports that Brühl's role will be a villainous one, and with his German roots, could we be about to see Baron Zemo brought to the big screen? Possibly, but Variety adds that he, "is not the main villain in 'Captain America: Civil War' but could potentially be the top menace in Marvel’s 'Dr. Strange.'"

-----------------

16354_stick_it_canada_270.jpg

Frank Grillo's Crossbones Is Reportedly Main Antagonist Of CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR

---------------------

After making an appearance in this year's Captain America: The Winter Soldier, it's been widely speculated that Frank Grillo's Brock Rumlow, aka Crossbones, would play a significant part in future Captain America movies -- after all, he is the one that assassinated the Star-Spangled Avenger at the close of Marvel's Civil War event. However, Grillo seemingly knows very little about Marvel's cinematic version of Civil War, which will see Iron Man go head-to-head with Cap as in the comic, informing his Twitter followers about a week ago that he knows "less then (sic) nothing". Well, it appears he will return and play a bigger role than previously imagined, with Variety reporter Justin Kroll stating he will serve as the primary antagonist. The tweet below is a reference to Marvel's announcement that actor Daniel Bruhl would join Civil War in an unknown villainous role, with Kroll claiming that Bruhl's character is secondary to Crossbones.

---------------------