• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Team Up #1 x500

76 posts in this topic

Sobering to look at, but all the bronze books are potentially stocked in depth like this out there. Except maybe for run of the mill issues that suddenly now have movie value. But a Marvel first issue? Enough people were savvy enough to stock up. And some even never sold them.

Edited by aman619

I don't understand why this continues to shock some people. You don't think there is this amount of books like Ms. Marvel 1 and other speculative books out there? This is commonplace. A large number of books from 1968 and later were hoarded en masse. Most of these books are sitting in NM and above ungraded.

Just seeing them all in one place is cool but yeah there are tons of books out there. Everytime I see golden aga wall pics posted from cons, I realize how many GA books are there that remain raw. No doubt on SA and above.

And I love MTU. One of the first books I bought off the stands was issue #7. I went back and bought the earlier issues and continued to read the series throughout the 70s. MTU 1 is a great book.

Even though I have multiple copies of this book (graded and raw)

I love to see stuff like this even if makes my copies worth less...

why???

because it's a great book and a fun read!

To me it's sad if the only reason a person buys comics is to flip them.

Solid books like this one are to be enjoyed.

With that said, this book is personal favorite because it's such a cool

holiday story. Hell I wouldn't mind if they found a whole warehouse full of them if it meant that others could find the same enjoyment as I do when I read mine.

It's kind of weird, but over a decade ago I got lucky and a theatre gave me a whole box full of ASM 129 movie reprints. I knew they would be worth something some day, but I still gave them out as halloween books that year for kids in the neighborhood. Did I lose money? Sure maybe $500 worth, but to see those kids eyes light up was worth it to me. Call me a crazy old man, but it's hard to put a price tag on that feeling.

yes, i don't see how it plunks the market price on a book that isn't all that expensive in the first place and there is no perception that there aren't tens of thousands of these out there. many of those could be VG - VF copies. sample 20 random people on this board and you can probably find 100 copies among them. pretty sure i have 3 or 4 in various conditions as i loved that title growing up.

100 slabbed 9.8s would be another story (but the census would reflect that), or a claim by someone believable that they have that many raws in that sort of shape...

Edited by the blob