• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wonder Woman official movie thread (6/23/17)
6 6

1,526 posts in this topic

33 minutes ago, Reader said:

#1 The actress. Gal doesn’t exhibit traits I would prefer in Wonder Woman. Physically and mentally. I just don’t see power when I see her. I’m not saying she needs to be a body builder, but her small frame and skinny arms are more suited for modeling. She also doesn’t have a strong command presence. She appears aloof and sometimes naive in the movie. I could overlook her physical traits if she dominated the role but I wasn’t convinced. My ideal WW would be closer to the image below.

I won’t go on and on about it but overall, the movie was dull for me. The end battle was very generic and bland. The only enjoyable part was seeing life on Themyscira. As I said before, I didn’t hate it, but it sure didn’t wow me. 

628E79BF-E5B8-438C-A084-FF017A2CFDA9.jpeg

Chyna is dead buddy. So I read your complaints seems you were predisposed to not like the film.  

Hmm of course Diana is going to act aloof at times in this film. She has never seen a lot of the stuff in this film and is unfamiliar with life outside the island.

Kind of hard to do something or seen in film before. The only issues with this film was the CGI mostly of Ares, XMen sounding score at times, and possible miscasting of Ares. This is me stretching to find something wrong with the film.

On 11/23/2017 at 4:01 AM, Bosco685 said:

Good find Gatsby. Though the budget for Guardians of the Galaxy is low ($232M).

A former studio executive was tallying what were the more profitable movies. For the 2017 year alone, Wonder Woman comes in as a strong #1 with Profits and #1 for ROI. Smaller budget films coming in strong again like Deadpool and Logan. Truth in analytics comes through again!

Way to go, Wonder Woman!

:headbang:

Gotta love those participation trophies. ;)

-J.

8 minutes ago, reddwarf666222 said:

How does the participation trophy for Spider-Man Homecoming look for losing to Wonder Woman?

lol You're joking right ? Making  $60MM more is "losing" now.  

Nice try sport.  :roflmao:

Better keep your fingers crossed that Thor doesn't pass it too.  :wishluck:

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

8 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

lol You're joking right ? Making  $60MM more is "losing" now.  

Nice try sport.  :roflmao:

Better keep your fingers crossed that Thor doesn't pass it too.  :wishluck:

-J.

Estimated Profit

Wonder Woman - 305.6

Spider-Man Homecoming - 238

Which means Wonder Woman made more profit and money than Spider-Man Homecoming. Thus the participation trophy for Spider-Man Homecoming was sent to your house. So how does the trophy look?

14 minutes ago, reddwarf666222 said:

Estimated Profit

Wonder Woman - 305.6

Spider-Man Homecoming - 238

Which means Wonder Woman made more profit and money than Spider-Man Homecoming. Thus the participation trophy for Spider-Man Homecoming was sent to your house. So how does the trophy look?

Okay.  We've already been over this in the other thread.  You don't know what any of these movies' "profits" are.  Neither does the guy who put that chart together.  And profits to whom, exactly?   The studios?   The talent? The theatres ? The various territtories the film are released in?  Does it even matter where or to whom the profits go, or how it is divided up ?  Of course not.  Money is money and everybody made more of it because Homecoming made more of it.  A lot more of it. A whole lot more of it.  $60MM more of it.  In less time.  With more competition.   You and your friend Boscoe  (who, incidentally disavowed the numbers on this made up chart as it pertains to Justice League, and has pointed out twice how the numbers are wrong as to at least GOTG, yet uses it in this thread as if it were authoritative) using this chart to make yourselves feel better about this movie's likely fourth place finish on the superhero list by the end of the year is literally the very definition of grasping at straws. lol

You and he are both about nothing but "spin".  How do we make this movie look like it was the best thing since sliced bread?  How do we spin the numbers ?  How do we spin its shortfalls and shortcomings ?  How do we spin this into the "number one movie of the year"?  How do we spin that it somehow made more money even though it didn't?  How do we spin this into the most successful hero movie of the year, even though it isn't?  How, oh how?

Have fun polishing that participation trophy. ;)

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

3 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

Okay.  We've already been over this in the other thread.  You don't know what any of these movies' "profits" are.  Neither does the guy who put that chart together.  And profits to whom, exactly?   The studios?   The talent? The theatres ? The vatious territtories the film are released in?  Does it even matter where or to whom the profits go, or how it is divided up ?  Of course not.  Money is money and everybody made more of it because Homecoming made more of it.  A lot more of it. A whole lot more of it.  $60MM more of it.  In less time.  With more competition.  Through a couple of hurricanes.  Through a Chinese American film embargo.  You and your friend Boscoe  (who, incidentally disavowed the numbers on this made up chart as it pertains to Justice League, and has pointed out twice how the numbers are wrong as to at least GOTG, yet uses it in this thread as if it were authoritative) using this chart to make yourselves feel better about this movie's likely fourth place finish on the superhero list by the end of the year is literally the very definition of grasping at straws. lol

-J.

I guess getting the participation trophy sent to your house hurt your feelings too much that you have to make up excuses. How does that Golden Raspberry look?

3 hours ago, Reader said:

#1 The actress. Gal doesn’t exhibit traits I would prefer in Wonder Woman. Physically and mentally. I just don’t see power when I see her. I’m not saying she needs to be a body builder, but her small frame and skinny arms are more suited for modeling. She also doesn’t have a strong command presence. She appears aloof and sometimes naive in the movie. I could overlook her physical traits if she dominated the role but I wasn’t convinced. My ideal WW would be closer to the image below.

I won’t go on and on about it but overall, the movie was dull for me. The end battle was very generic and bland. The only enjoyable part was seeing life on Themyscira. As I said before, I didn’t hate it, but it sure didn’t wow me. 

628E79BF-E5B8-438C-A084-FF017A2CFDA9.jpeg

Image result for cyborg justino

I found your preferred Wonder Woman.  She has been busted for PEDs twice, but there's no denying she's an azz kicker.

Edited by mattn792

2 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

Okay.  We've already been over this in the other thread.  You don't know what any of these movies' "profits" are.  Neither does the guy who put that chart together.  And profits to whom, exactly?   The studios?   The talent? The theatres ? The various territtories the film are released in?  Does it even matter where or to whom the profits go, or how it is divided up ?  Of course not.  Money is money and everybody made more of it because Homecoming made more of it.  A lot more of it. A whole lot more of it.  $60MM more of it.  In less time.  With more competition.   You and your friend Boscoe  (who, incidentally disavowed the numbers on this made up chart as it pertains to Justice League, and has pointed out twice how the numbers are wrong as to at least GOTG, yet uses it in this thread as if it were authoritative) using this chart to make yourselves feel better about this movie's likely fourth place finish on the superhero list by the end of the year is literally the very definition of grasping at straws. lol

You and he are both about nothing but "spin".  How do we make this movie look like it was the best thing since sliced bread?  How do we spin the numbers ?  How do we spin its shortfalls and shortcomings ?  How do we spin this into the "number one movie of the year"?  How do we spin that it somehow made more money even though it didn't?  How do we spin this into the most successful hero movie of the year, even though it isn't?  How, oh how?

-J.

:roflmao:

If anything, you're entertaining. But anyone else is just spinning.

Watched Wonder Woman on Friday night in glorious 4K.

I thought it was great a solid 8/10 for a Super-hero movie.

What I liked:
- Gal Gadot, she was great in the role although a little wooden in some scenes but these were few. Her crossing no mans land and the fight in the town were excellent.
- Chris Pine, great as Steve Trevor and I believed the chemistry between him and Gadot, especially what happens in the end.
- The start on Themyscira, the place looked amazing and served as a great start to show Wonder Woman's development.
- Great soundtrack building on the themes created by Hans Zimmer.
- World War one setting, the whole Diana trying to fit in this Earth was really good.
- The action set pieces were all very well done and entertaining.

What I didn't like:
- David Thewlis, didn't buy him as Ares one bit.
- Too much slow-mo in the action.
- I felt it dragged a little in the middle, just a little.
- The end battle with Ares.... meh.

The positives outweigh the negatives and will definately watch it again.

4 hours ago, bane said:

What I didn't like:
- David Thewlis, didn't buy him as Ares one bit.

I think David Thewlis is the perfect fit. You would never suspect him to be the villain or god called Ares. Diana didn't. The filmmakers pulled a great red herring on us with his casting making us think the German guy was the villain and the pipsqueak British politician could never be the villain.

On ‎27‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 2:10 PM, reddwarf666222 said:

I think David Thewlis is the perfect fit. You would never suspect him to be the villain or god called Ares. Diana didn't. The filmmakers pulled a great red herring on us with his casting making us think the German guy was the villain and the pipsqueak British politician could never be the villain.

Revealing Sir Patrick Morgan as the villain Ares was a great twist. Having David Thewlis onscreen as a heavily CGI'd Ares, however, was not so great. A very good movie let down by a poor end battle. Steve Trevor died for nothing...

'Wonder Woman's Gal Gadot And Patty Jenkins Win NBR Spotlight Award

The year hasn't officially come to a close and the biggest film awards ceremonies won't be held until early 2018, but Wonder Woman has officially scored accolades from the National Board of Review. The organization awarded actress Gal Gadot and director Patty Jenkins the Spotlight Award for the film's accomplishments.

What makes this specific award so unique is that, rather than a traditional category like Best Actress or Best Director, the honor can be bestowed to anyone or anything, whether it be a filmmaking team or specific movie. Given the volume of compelling cinema released in 2017, this makes the accolade even more highly regarded.

One factor that makes this organization unique is that, with the awards being declared so early on in the awards season, it can add legitimacy to a film's aspirations in the awards circuits. For example, the NBR championed Mad Max: Fury Road for its accomplishments, leading to the action masterpiece earning a bevy of nominations at that year's Academy Awards.

3 hours ago, Batman said:

Revealing Sir Patrick Morgan as the villain Ares was a great twist. Having David Thewlis onscreen as a heavily CGI'd Ares, however, was not so great. A very good movie let down by a poor end battle. Steve Trevor died for nothing...

Steve Trevor was Jesus Christ in the film. Steve had to die for mankind's sins and to show Diana there are good people in the world when she lost her faith in mankind. His death was not in vain.

On ‎27‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 2:10 PM, reddwarf666222 said:

I understand your point and completely agree, however when he "became" Ares I felt it should have been someone different as Thewlis was just the "skin" Ares was wearing.

Minor nitpick.

It's been a while since I posted here. Saw the WW movie twice - superb!

That's all that needs to be said about that one.

Saw JLA yesterday and I think it was OK, but our gal (godot) WW stole the show IMHO. :headbang:

24 minutes ago, Boba said:

Saw JLA yesterday and I think it was OK, but our gal (godot) WW stole the show IMHO. :headbang:

I said to my wife after we watched BvS, "Well that was a jumbled mess, but I really want to see Wonder Woman now."  I haven't seen JLA yet but am anticipating the exact same, hence I'm going to wait for availability at the Red colored Box or Netflix.