• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wonder Woman official movie thread (6/23/17)
6 6

1,526 posts in this topic

Very positive statement from Feige. Especially about being a fan, and wanting more.

Marvel's Kevin Feige Praises DC Films

marvel-kevin-feige-praises-dc-films-1038

While speaking with Heroic Hollywood about what DC Films could learn from Marvel Studios’ success, Feige had a positive response.

“I don’t know. I’m not one to bestow advice onto others,” said Feige. “I think you can look at what they did with Wonder Woman and they’ve figured that out. I’ve got great confidence in Geoff Johns over there and now Joss Whedon helping them out that just makes me excited as a fan to see what’s next.”

Many people are considering Wonder Woman the turning point for the DC cinematic universe and are hopeful they can build off of that success. Feige seems to recognize that films importance. And it doesn’t sound like the Marvel Studios boss harbors any ill will toward Whedon for “jumping ship,” taking over the Justice League movie from director Zack Snyder as well as planning his own movie focused on Batgirl.

:wishluck:

I said somewhere else that the best thing about Ben Affleckman vs. Superman was that it made me really want to see Wonder Woman.  And to paraphrase Homer Simpson, when the movie was released I kept saying "I'll go a little later.  I'll go a little later."  And when I finally got to the theater, they told me she just left. :o

But we finally broke out the Blu Ray last night, and I definitely did myself a disservice by not seeing Wonder Woman on the big screen.  By far my favorite DC movie since Nolan rode off into the sunset. 

And to think Hollyweird once wanted to cast Megan Fox as Wonder Woman...the horror!!! 

Edited by mattn792

'Wonder Woman' Ranked As Best Reviewed Superhero Movie Of All Time By Rotten Tomatoes

The movie review aggregator recently compiled a list of the overall top-rated superhero movies, and the Princess of Themyscira came out ahead of the competition.

Rotten Tomatoes' list was determined by an adjusted score to the Tomato Meter's normal percentage, using Bayesian inference to determine the movie's score based on the amount of reviews it has received.

With that method, Wonder Woman scored at 108.549%. Patty Jenkins' film barely beat out Logan (107.954%) and The Dark Knight (106.313%) to reign on the list. Those three top films regular Rotten Tomatoes ranking sit at 92%, 93%, and 94%, respectively.

While this might be surprising to some, Wonder Woman was a critical and box office hit with enough staying power to make it one of the most profitable films of the summer. The film beat out Spider-Man: Homecoming as well as previous WB films Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and Suicide Squad in the domestic markets. That commercial success was supported by the A CinemaScore ranking from audiences and the positive critical reception, who praised Jenkins' powerful vision and Gal Gadot's portrayal of Wonder Woman.

Other films in the top ten include Spider-Man: Homecoming at #4, Thor: Ragnarok at #5, Marvel's The Avengers at #6, Iron Man at #7, Captain America: Civil War at #8, The Incredibles at #9, and The LEGO Batman Movie at #10.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/11/11/gal-gadot-wont-make-wonder-woman-sequel-unless-brett-ratner-is-out.html

Hopefully more of the real talent takes similar stands against all of Hollyweird’s trash.  To think, at one time I thought the worst thing Ratner had ever done was X-Men: The Last Stand.  Dump him and his ilk with extreme vehemence.

On 11/11/2017 at 10:50 PM, mattn792 said:

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/11/11/gal-gadot-wont-make-wonder-woman-sequel-unless-brett-ratner-is-out.html

Hopefully more of the real talent takes similar stands against all of Hollyweird’s trash.  To think, at one time I thought the worst thing Ratner had ever done was X-Men: The Last Stand.  Dump him and his ilk with extreme vehemence.

That news may or may not be true at this point.

But I did see the 1st WW movie and thought it was really well done. DC finally made a great Superhero movie! lol

If the rumors are true about Gadot not playing WW that would be disastrous considering she brought the role to life. 

Movie was done very well and the crew did a great job as a whole. It would be a shame..

:wishluck:  that it’s all just that a rumor.

5 minutes ago, rogue14 said:

If the rumors are true about Gadot not playing WW that would be disastrous considering she brought the role to life. 

Movie was done very well and the crew did a great job as a whole. It would be a shame..

:wishluck:  that it’s all just that a rumor.

Check the WW2 thread. She's confirmed moving forward.

Good find Gatsby. Though the budget for Guardians of the Galaxy is low ($232M).

7 hours ago, Gatsby77 said:

Here's a projected profit/loss for Justice League from two days ago, from Forbes' Rob Cain:

His creds? He's a "former studio executive and current film finance consultant and producer." 

Forbes: Warner Bros. Faces A Possible $50M to $100M Loss on 'Justice League'

And here's a chart on how the projected ROI compares to other recent comic book films, in which Justice League ranks 20th out of 20:

Screen Shot 2017-11-22 at 11.13.27 PM.png

A former studio executive was tallying what were the more profitable movies. For the 2017 year alone, Wonder Woman comes in as a strong #1 with Profits and #1 for ROI. Smaller budget films coming in strong again like Deadpool and Logan. Truth in analytics comes through again!

Way to go, Wonder Woman!

:headbang:

6 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Good find Gatsby. Though the budget for Guardians of the Galaxy is low ($232M).

A former studio executive was tallying what were the more profitable movies. For the 2017 year alone, Wonder Woman comes in as a strong #1 with Profits and #1 for ROI. Smaller budget films coming in strong again like Deadpool and Logan. Truth in analytics comes through again!

Way to go, Wonder Woman!

:headbang:

So where does this put It on the list.

2 hours ago, reddwarf666222 said:

Did anyone catch Captain America’s cameo in this film?

(shrug) 

Speaking of...

I did watch Chris Evan's "Gifted" movie this afternoon (early cheap Black Friday buy.)

It was terrific! Old NewEnglandGothic's eyes teared up more than once in it. :cry: 

I’ve held off writing this but I guess one opposing view won’t rain on anyone’s day. I thought WW was barely passable. Final battle was dull, hokey and unoriginal. I probably wouldn’t watch this again. Didn’t hate it, it was just, meh. I enjoyed her appearance in BvS more even though that movie didn’t cut it for me either outside of a few great scenes. My two young daughters on the other hand thought WW was great.

Edited by Reader

9 hours ago, Reader said:

I’ve held off writing this but I guess one opposing view won’t rain on anyone’s day. I thought WW was barely passable. Final battle was dull, hokey and unoriginal. I probably wouldn’t watch this again. Didn’t hate it, it was just, meh. I enjoyed her appearance in BvS more even though that movie didn’t cut it for me either outside of a few great scenes. My two young daughters on the other hand thought WW was great.

It's not raining on any parade. The movie didn't come across the way you expected.

What would you have changed?

Hmm. I wonder what actress could fit that bill? Even the runner-ups Snyder had in mind were all the same build. To include his secondary, Olga Kurylenko. And the actress that played Elektra (Elodie Yung) was another option. So you can see he was going for thin yet fit.

ww.jpg

Hmm. I wonder what actress could fit that bill? Even the runner-ups Snyder had in mind were all the same build. To include his secondary, Olga Kurylenko. And the actress that played Elektra (Elodie Yung) was another option. So you can see he was going for thin yet fit.

ww.jpg