• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wonder Woman official movie thread (6/23/17)
6 6

1,526 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, AnkurJ said:

Basically it felt like the first Captain America but with Wonder Woman in his place.

That's all I'm going in today expecting it to be.

So, I should be easily pleased.

It was a fun and entertaining movie.  The main villain was a little weak but overall it had a good cast. I really enjoyed the first battle when she marches into the town inspiring the others to fight. It was a very emotional moment, maybe the dramatic music got to me.  I'll be looking forward to the DVD.  The 3D could have been better,  I would suggest you save the extra money and watch the regular version, that's just my personal opinion of course.

I liked the movie a lot. I think 15 - 20 minutes could have been cut from the film and not affected the coherence of the story.

The Chemistry between Pine and Gadot was palpable.

Very impressed with the casting. I loved Gadot as WW.

Maybe a bit too many slow motion scenes?

Didn't love the soundtrack.

3.5 / 5

It is definitely worth another viewing.

2c

1 hour ago, mysterymachine said:

It was a fun and entertaining movie.  The main villain was a little weak but overall it had a good cast. I really enjoyed the first battle when she marches into the town inspiring the others to fight. It was a very emotional moment, maybe the dramatic music got to me.  I'll be looking forward to the DVD.  The 3D could have been better,  I would suggest you save the extra money and watch the regular version, that's just my personal opinion of course.

That scene that you are referring to... when she pulled out the lasso I got a little misty eyed. I don't usually get emotional at scenes that aren't sad, but I did at this one. It was a little bit of pride in what the creators did. To me, speaks volumes about how well the movie was produced. And Gal is great. That smile she has is infectious.

16 minutes ago, mschmidt said:

Just came back from seeing it with my daughter - great movie, DC's best since the Dark Knight series by a mile. And Gadot was terrific!

@mschmidt

Better than BvS?

Just saw this film.

I loved it, and Gadot really does an amazing job as Wonder Woman. When they announced this movie and before they cast the part, I had said to many co-workers and friends that the character needs to be many things:

Be a Hero

Be beautiful

Have the presence of royalty: she is the princess of the Amazons

Be able to fight like one of the greatest Amazon

Gadot is all of those things in this film.

The criticisms others have mentioned, I don't have issues with at all.

9.5/10

2 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

Just saw this film.

I loved it, and Gadot really does an amazing job as Wonder Woman. When they announced this movie and before they cast the part, I had said to many co-workers and friends that the character needs to be many things:

Be a Hero

Be beautiful

Have the presence of royalty: she is the princess of the Amazons

Be able to fight like one of the greatest Amazon

Gadot is all of those things in this film.

The criticisms others have mentioned, I don't have issues with at all.

9.5/10

Me thinks you are blinded by her beauty! She was great and the movie was very good, but it wasn't excellent.

I see it as a missed opportunity to be honest.

IM 1 was a better movie.

Just now, piper said:

Me thinks you are blinded by her beauty! She was great and the movie was very good, but it wasn't excellent.

IM 1 was a better movie.

Perhaps.

I think WW is as good as IM 1.

IM 1 had a far better villain, but WW has better character development of WW herself.

I didn't think the final battle or the beginning or the last 1/3rd of the movie was bad at all.

I didn't have an issue with the total run time of the movie either.

I'd say 9 out of 10.  If I had a sig like of top superhero movies it would be in there.

Does Wonder Woman Open The Door For The New Gods?

new-gods-1000754.png

Wonder Woman deals heavily with what are referred to as “Old Gods.” That could be a simple throwaway phrase, but in the context of the DC universe, the existence of Old Gods may foreshadow the existence of New Gods as well.

As one may expect, the Fourth World mythology evolved out of the First World. The “Old Gods” of the First World were otherworldly beings who inhabited a single planet known as God World, known more commonly on Earth as Asgard. Over billions of years, the First World gods disappeared and the humanoids that lived on God World obtained godhood. This marked the transition from the First World into the Second World.

So will we see the New Gods in the DC Extended Universe? We know that several Mother Boxes, artifacts of the Fourth World, are hidden on Earth and that Steppenwolf, a general of Apokolips leading a Parademon army, is heading to Earth in Justice League. That army may be the vanguard that will clear the way for Darkseid himself to arrive. If Darkseid does make a play for the Earth, could Highfather, Orion, and the New Gods be far behind?

5 hours ago, NamesJay said:

7 hours ago, piper said:

IM 1 was a better movie.

missed opportunity in what sense?

It could have been Dark Knight good with a better film edit and tighter screenplay. The casting and acting was flawless.