• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FANTASTIC FOUR #48 CLUB : THE INTERGALACTIC BEACH CLUB II
11 11

332 posts in this topic

FF 49 is the best cover of that run because it's the only one where Surfer was actually still the herald of Galactus.  They've done other recreations of that time, but this is the original so it's just great.

I almost nabbed a 9.6 copy about 15 years ago but got slightly out-bid at the end by one other person.  I think I had bid a bit under $4k. It's not my biggest regret among big fish that got away, but it's clearly one of them given that the copy would be worth $20K or more today, a terrific investment by most measures.  :blush:

On 1/2/2024 at 9:56 AM, Math Teacher said:

Did anyone besides me notice that the attire of Galactus changed color schemes from the last page of FF #48 to the first page of FF #49? Personally, I prefer the purple/blue color scheme.

People often post pages from reprints which sometimes change the colors from the original, so I'd need to see pages that are verified to be from the original comic.

However I wouldn't be at all surprised if you're right.  If memory serves they were also inconsistent about whether his arms and legs were bare in those issues.

Edited by fantastic_four

On 1/2/2024 at 7:56 AM, Math Teacher said:

Did anyone besides me notice that the attire of Galactus changed color schemes from the last page of FF #48 to the first page of FF #49? Personally, I prefer the purple/blue color scheme.

On 1/2/2024 at 9:59 AM, fantastic_four said:

People often post pages from reprints which sometimes change the colors from the original, so I'd need to see pages that are verified to be from the original comic.

However I wouldn't be at all surprised if you're right.  If memory serves they were also inconsistent about whether his arms and legs were bare in those issues.

My copy was on display so here's a pic of Galactus' first appearance.

20240102_112909.thumb.jpg.a79bf485916b8f90d22dce5202d6d2bf.jpg

On 2/21/2024 at 1:08 PM, Ozonetv said:

I didn't realize there was a club...

.image.thumb.jpeg.69208ca0f7a0120b9efee826a31e8be5.jpeg

:jawdrop: