• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The official J Scott Campbell Appreciation/Discussion Thread
12 12

4,765 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, BeholdersEye said:

I know!!!  I went in at 7pm pst, totally forgetting about trying to order when it debuted, and saw that the Ultra Set was sold out both signed and unsigned.

The signed Ultra set is back in stock, FYI, and the BATMAN50 discount code is still good until 5PM PST. Not sure if you can cancel your first order, but if so, here's your chance to pick up a set for $140 plus shipping instead.

22 minutes ago, PerlAddict said:

The signed Ultra set is back in stock, FYI, and the BATMAN50 discount code is still good until 5PM PST. Not sure if you can cancel your first order, but if so, here's your chance to pick up a set for $140 plus shipping instead.

Nobody is questioning that these books sell out, then come back in stock.....???  The print run must be huge

Edited by ComicCollectorMatt

2 hours ago, ComicCollectorMatt said:

Nobody is questioning that these books sell out, then come back in stock.....???  The print run must be huge

I believe the print run is noted on his website. 

Edited by cbalroman

1 minute ago, ComicCollectorMatt said:

Don't confuse "limited to" and "print run".

True, however I would think they are probably close. JSC seems to use the “limited to” on all his exclusives.  The ASM 800 has similar “limited to” numbers and there are no more on his site  

You would think if the number is double that he would continue to sell until he is sold out.   Why leave money on the table. JSC is a smart business man. Keep the “print run” or “limited to” low and create the demand.  Sell out in minutes and allow flippers to flip out the gate, dust settles and secondary prices come down.  People want to get on the wagon for the next variant by him, knowing it will sell out. Rinse, repeat. 

2 minutes ago, cbalroman said:

True, however I would think they are probably close. JSC seems to use the “limited to” on all his exclusives.  The ASM 800 has similar “limited to” numbers and there are no more on his site  

You would think if the number is double that he would continue to sell until he is sold out.   Why leave money on the table. JSC is a smart business man. Keep the “print run” or “limited to” low and create the demand.  Sell out in minutes and allow flippers to flip out the gate, dust settles and secondary prices come down.  People want to get on the wagon for the next variant by him, knowing it will sell out. Rinse, repeat. 

Not yet they aren't. He has been have backstock sales every 3-4 months where more of lower print run ones "appear".

Edited by ygogolak

2 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Not yet they aren't. He has been have backstock sales every 3-4 months where more of lower print run ones "appear".

I guess I should have said “currently there are no more on his site” 

:roflmao:

a2643fc8-43b2-43e6-b08d-3d91f32a8141.jpg
The True Exclusive Seal means just that! A product sold EXCLUSIVELY on this store and nowhere else. Our comics sold by other retailers are considered aftermarket, just like eBay. Some of our competitors wholesale and share their “exclusives” with several other retailers, making it no longer a TRUE exclusive. We do not wholesale comics. It’s our belief that this practice drives down pricing and ultimately devalues the book, diminishing its long-term market value. Protect your investment: buy  TRUE Exclusives! 

Just got an email from JSC stating that ASM #800 books are delayed until later this week due to extensive quality control.  Can't say I blame them, a lot of those books were torn up due to the size of it.  It still bothers me that Marvel would go cheap on the cover material for such a large book.  Honestly, if you're gonna charge customers $9.99, give them a solid product.  The same material/binding as Action Comics #1000 would have been so much better.

7 hours ago, ExNihilo said:

Just got an email from JSC stating that ASM #800 books are delayed until later this week due to extensive quality control.  Can't say I blame them, a lot of those books were torn up due to the size of it.  It still bothers me that Marvel would go cheap on the cover material for such a large book.  Honestly, if you're gonna charge customers $9.99, give them a solid product.  The same material/binding as Action Comics #1000 would have been so much better.

Yeah I actually canceled my order.  Every ASM 800 I have has some defect. These will be no different.  The covers never truly wowed me, and I have variant fatigue with this arc now.  

If it is similar to the ASM #800 ratio variants, it is not a huge deal. Binder tears/tiny spine splits are par for the course with oversized books now, unfortunately.

1 minute ago, ygogolak said:

This was how one of the other store variants came.

unnamed.jpg

I just posted about this in another thread. The replacement copies of the Moebius Virgin arrived yesterday at my LCS. They were also damaged. Diamond said they will try to replace again, but may not have enough left. (shrug) Their QC must be non-existant. 

1 minute ago, Not A Clone said:

I just posted about this in another thread. The replacement copies of the Moebius Virgin arrived yesterday at my LCS. They were also damaged. Diamond said they will try to replace again, but may not have enough left. (shrug) Their QC must be non-existant. 

It really is baffling. They must print them so cheap that they can reprint them and still make money.

36 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

This was how one of the other store variants came.

unnamed.jpg

Wow. That is effing horrible quality control by Marvel. If this is how they treat the retailer exclusives, then I wonder how long before the retailers stop doing them?

16 minutes ago, kimik said:

Wow. That is effing horrible quality control by Marvel. If this is how they treat the retailer exclusives, then I wonder how long before the retailers stop doing them?

Retailers won't stop. Most are pre-sold, if they are good. So they just get them reprinted at no cost and ship when they have them.

Marvel will need to stop allowing them.

On 6/13/2018 at 6:54 AM, PerlAddict said:

Thank you for the update and info !!!