• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The official J Scott Campbell Appreciation/Discussion Thread
12 12

4,765 posts in this topic

Just got this one out of 6 longboxes bought on CL.  Had no idea what it was when I bought the boxes. 

IMG_8721.jpg

On 2/23/2017 at 9:32 AM, Bomber-Bob said:

You're right, I hate those oversized defects. Glad you pointed this out, I'm out on this issue.

(in reference to ASM #25)

I'm late to the game on this one, but I'm looking to buy a set.  It sounds like a lot of copies had a defect of some sort as a result of it being an oversized book using the basic cover material (as opposed to the thicker paper).  If I submit the books to CGC, will the defects still count against me if it is something that was frequent throughout the print run?

Thoughts on Black Cat exclusives? I really like them a lot. Look great.

EDIT: I edited my post. I didn't see full covers at first since email didn't show full covers so at first though they were just good, but might be a bit basic.

Edited by kevhtx

I'm on a stretch of Campbell fatigue right now. The characters look good, but the lack of background kills it for me. How many covers of females with minimal ground will people keep buying? It feels like Same covers, different titles. Over and over.

I did manage to score an unsigned Spectacular Spider-Man 1 Roadshow variant. Love the background in that one.