The official J Scott Campbell Appreciation/Discussion Thread
31 31

4,219 posts in this topic

3,703 posts

Oh my. That sketch is awesome.

10,342 posts

As much as I like JSC's big titty drawer-ings like every other red-blooded geek, lol I thought I'd mix things up a little with this cover of his:

ASM668S_zpsb24ca33d.jpg

Quite possibly the best Lizard cover ever. :cloud9:

-J.

39,787 posts

Nothing in plastic, but here's one I like:

TN9loD.jpg

10,342 posts
And now for some more boobs...

IMG_4283_zps59472530.jpgIMG_4278_zps52c97314.jpg

Two of my favorite Campbell covers. :cloud9:

:cloud9: That black widow one is another one I love.

-J.

10,342 posts
Nothing in plastic, but here's one I like:

TN9loD.jpg

This is a nice one. His earlier pencils have so much detail. (thumbs u

-J.

568 posts
I just picked this book up. I've always liked the cover and waited for one on eBay.

_57_zps93129121.jpg

Can I ask how much that ran ya? Been looking for a graded one for awhile now and there's one on the bay for $100. Is that FMV?

Edited by BettrFastrStrongr

3,703 posts

I never get tired seeing all these covers. :cloud9:

3,543 posts

I've found this one a bit tough to find, there are only six 9.8's on the census (five blues and one yellow).

CC39AE75-0642-45CB-B42C-1D1944799C14_zps6wy7hxaj.jpg

1,998 posts

If J Scott Campbell is not in The Top 10 of artists currently producing published work in comics, I wonder who is better than him ?

2,207 posts
If J Scott Campbell is not in The Top 10 of artists currently producing published work in comics, I wonder who is better than him ?

Art is subjective, so I wouldn't presume to call anyone better than him, but It would definitely be hard to argue that he isn't one of the most popular artists working in comics today.

13,218 posts

I think he'd be more popular if he could draw a monthly. The fact he only does covers is sort of a strike against him.

13,218 posts

If that was on an Amazing book, I'd be all over it like white on rice. Even now I'm still a bit tempted hm

493 posts

He could certainly handle a monthly, but hes making a mint producing multiple covers a month. Can't blame him.

1,998 posts

His resume is maybe missing one element of being a part of a creative team on a regular mainstream book much like Jim Lee on "Hush" for Batman, Neal Adams run on Green lantern/Green Arrow, John Byrne on Chris Claremont's Uncanny X-Men, George Perez's New Teen Titans, etc. - something to be known for as a storyteller more than as a pin-up artist.

His work on Danger Girl has a cult like following and was a great adventure, but not mainstream popular, 'tho, I thought had the makings of something great. I thought I heard he was at one time going to work a monthly on Spider-Man with I think a legendary writer like Loeb. I think Spiider-Man is the perfect title for him to work on.

He's sort of like Adam Hughes, doing lots of covers, but remains one of the main reasons why some books sell.

10,342 posts

My understanding is that he is too slow to handle a monthly. That's why he's only asked to do covers.

-J.