• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spider-Gwen - Jason Latour and Robbie Rodriguez

2,566 posts in this topic

lol A "Spider-Gwen" movie? Keep dreaming guys.

-J.

Is it really not a possibility? Honest question.

I would think the studios do not care that the bulk of th general public has no knowledge of several Spider-Woman's and alternate universes. They see Emma and the dollar signs that follow her. (I don't really have a dog in it since I only have one EOSV copy.) If they can fade out mutants can they upset a few die hard fans and get away with it? I think the $100 million opening weekend would make them forget about that. No?

I'm obviously not a studio head, but if I were, I certainly would not gamble $100M+ on a completely unknown property that is essentially identical to another property I just screwed up, and even less so after I just cried uncle on the flagship character and basically turned creative control back over to another studio.

Also, Emma Stone is not a "star". She's a decent actress but she doesn't open or carry movies.

-J.

Emma Stone is most certainly a star and Guardians of the Galaxy, Ant-Man, etc. prove that you can make a superhero movie without that much built in fanbase. I certainly don't have any idea how plausible this idea actually is and I don't want to give credence to this lot of speculation. I just don't see how you can dismiss this as not being a possibility with the way Marvel is hyping the character up and how easy it is to get the snowball rolling for something like this.

I think our understanding of what a "star" is may differ.

And GOTG and Ant-man are marvel productions.

Sony gave up on Spider-Man because even they knew they were screwing the pooch on him.

You really think they're going to now take a shot on a completely duplicative character and concept that would likely only confuse mainstream audiences and dilute their flagship property? They partnered with marvel studios to *stop* the bleeding.

Come on. Be realistic.

-J.

Good points Jay. I honestly have no clue what's a reality. The X-Men are a flagship and doesn't appear that they are gettin the proper love in the future they have earned/deserve by Marvel. I'd go see the movie, mainly out of curiousity and I enjoy Emma on the screen. If Gwen bites the bullet in all formats so be it. Yet I'll root for it to happen with unrealistic dreams of DC taking note and developing some crazy live action Batman Beyond movie.

Good points Jay. I honestly have no clue what's a reality. The X-Men are a flagship and doesn't appear that they are gettin the proper love in the future they have earned/deserve by Marvel. I'd go see the movie, mainly out of curiousity and I enjoy Emma on the screen. If Gwen bites the bullet in all formats so be it. Yet I'll root for it to happen with unrealistic dreams of DC taking note and developing some crazy live action Batman Beyond movie.

I'm right there with you on the Batman Beyond movie. I would have rather seen that than Batman Begins. I also know that's likely a pipe dream too, sadly.

Chad, Sony would automatically own the rights to a "Spider-Gwen' movie, as, similarly, Fox owns all mutant characters, even ones Marvel created subsequent to the licensing agreement.

-J.

I'm sure those few die hard AntMan fans once thought a feature AntMan movie was a pipe dream. That still baffles me.

AntMan was in development for a long long time with Edgar Wright, all the way back in 2003 being on board and other development for it being even earlier in 2000. So it actually predates the MCU.

I'm sure those few die hard AntMan fans once thought a feature AntMan movie was a pipe dream. That still baffles me.

AntMan was in development for a long long time with Edgar Wright, all the way back in 2003 being on board and other development for it being even earlier in 2000. So it actually predates the MCU.

Sure was

MV5BMTcxMDYyOTQ3M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNjc5NzI5._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

lol A "Spider-Gwen" movie? Keep dreaming guys.

-J.

Is it really not a possibility? Honest question.

I would think the studios do not care that the bulk of th general public has no knowledge of several Spider-Woman's and alternate universes. They see Emma and the dollar signs that follow her. (I don't really have a dog in it since I only have one EOSV copy.) If they can fade out mutants can they upset a few die hard fans and get away with it? I think the $100 million opening weekend would make them forget about that. No?

I'm obviously not a studio head, but if I were, I certainly would not gamble $100M+ on a completely unknown property that is essentially identical to another property I just screwed up, and even less so after I just cried uncle on the flagship character and basically turned creative control back over to another studio.

Also, Emma Stone is not a "star". She's a decent actress but she doesn't open or carry movies.

-J.

Emma Stone is most certainly a star and Guardians of the Galaxy, Ant-Man, etc. prove that you can make a superhero movie without that much built in fanbase. I certainly don't have any idea how plausible this idea actually is and I don't want to give credence to this lot of speculation. I just don't see how you can dismiss this as not being a possibility with the way Marvel is hyping the character up and how easy it is to get the snowball rolling for something like this.

I think our understanding of what a "star" is may differ.

And GOTG and Ant-man are marvel productions.

Sony gave up on Spider-Man because even they knew they were screwing the pooch on him.

You really think they're going to now take a shot on a completely duplicative character and concept that would likely only confuse mainstream audiences and dilute their flagship property? They partnered with marvel studios to *stop* the bleeding.

Come on. Be realistic.

-J.

I'm willing to bet after a few of these Sony / Marvel Spidey movies Sony will decide to start making some solo movies on the side without Marvel because of the greed factor. Once Spidey is drawing bigger movie profits they'll ride that roller coaster and want 100 percent of the movie profits instead of sharing. Once that happens I predict Marvel will enact the same merchandising cold shoulder to him just like FF & X-men. 2c

Edited by natevegas

So this book is done with the last issue. Anyone know what Marvel plans to do with Gwen after the reboot?

She had a pretty strong presence in the first Spider-verse book. I would not be surprised if that is where her story continues.

So this book is done with the last issue. Anyone know what Marvel plans to do with Gwen after the reboot?

Kinda Sorta All New Spider-Gwen. Gotta reboot Spider-Gwen, as its already becoming hard to understand after such a large and rich history of issues.

lol

I thought you guys were joking. Are they really rebooting a book after 5 issues ? I won't have #5 until next week so...

This is because its so hard for new readers with their limited attention spans to be more likely to jump aboard with a fresh new #1. Yeah I couldn't type that out with a straight face. lol

Kinda Sorta All New Spider-Gwen. Gotta reboot Spider-Gwen, as its already becoming hard to understand after such a large and rich history of issues.

That's what happens when your readers all have ADHD.

"The fools can't remember more than 5 issues in a row!" - Axel Alonso