• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stolen Comics in the San Antonio area this week

85 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I wanted to let everyone know that a friend of ours had his apartment broken into yesterday and the thieves took a box of comics, along with various other items. Our friend's name is Matthew Garcia and he lives in the San Antonio, Texas area. He has been a good friend and customer of our for a while and this is the wrong time of year to have this happen. He is an avid collector and he loves his comic books. He sent me a list but it is pretty generic. Here it is:

X-Men #4 CGC 5.0 OW to W Pages Serial #0219374009

New Mutants 98 CGC 9.4 Mark Jewelers Insert White Pages Serial #0227086005

Amazing Spider-Man #9 CGC 6.0 OW to W Pages Serial #0227087001

Batman Adventures #12 GCG 9.4 White Pages Serial #1162119001

Tales of Suspense #52

Marvel Superheroes #18 Guardians of the Galaxy

Amazing Spider-Man #40

X-Factor #6

Batman #181

Incredible Hulk #102

Captain America (1968 series) #109

Uncanny X-men #141 & 142

Amazing Spider-Man #101

Civil War #1 (two issues)

Secret Wars #8 (two issues)

Amazing Spider-Man #37

I have told him that we will need grades and the CGC reference numbers and when he sends them to me, I will update the post. This post is mainly to let those that live in the San Antonio area know that these comics are now out there and any help in getting them back would be much appreciated. If you own a store, run a flea market location, set up at the local shows around San Antonio or watch Craigslist in the that area and you are offered anything that resembles the above list, please contact Matt Garcia at 1-210-262-0062 or you can contact the San Antonio police and reference the case number which is #14272533.

Matt has contacted all the stores and pawn shops in the San Antonio area along with comic ships in Austin. I have alerted Heritage, My Comic Shop and the stores in the Dallas area. We all know this is a longshot but any help would be appreciated.

I dont know if you saw the thread where someone had their books stolen and notified all the comics shops and 2 dirtbags showed up to sell em and owner called the cops who scooped em up. lets hope for something like this.

Hope they catch the thieves. If he wasn't targeted specifically for his comics they will likely be the crooks undoing, not knowing those slabs are identifiable and never thinking to remove them, they'll be at the nearest LCS trying to unload them. Or if they're REALLY smart they'll drive to the nearest neighboring town trying to offload them. Either way hope they get caught.

Thanks to everyone who has responded. I have updated the initial post with the CGC serial numbers and the page quality for the graded books. I talked to Matt last night and they have someone they are watching but nothing has been recovered yet. It could be someone who was kicked out of the complex earlier in the year and has a drug problem. I told Matt that if it is someone like that, they will dump everything ASAP for whatever price to get that next score but the comics will surface at some point. After dealing with what we have over the last couple of years concerning our robbery, the comics will surface until someone gets caught and then they will be dumped. Hopefully they try and sell them all at once and someone turns them in. I also hope they attempt to sell them to someone that has some honor and will contact Matt or the police but, for some people, it is hard to turn down good, sellable merchandise at a cheap price. Matt has already had one store in the San Antonio area tell him that if they bought the merchandise, they would sell it back to him at a discount. Thanks again to everyone that has responded and/or viewed the post. Hopefully Matt catches a break.