• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any Peter Hsu fans out there??

84 posts in this topic

Just wondering if he bought them slabbed or subbed them and got this amazing grade

I'm not sure, but Juggy is a boss. I bought his undercopy Hellrazor HC, and he snaked me out of the finest set of M-I-B raw books I have ever seen. He has been my daddy ever since.

OK so its worth less now but so what? Still awesome! :cloud9:

Quadrant was one of those "you'll have to pay through the nose, kid!" books when I first started collecting (like the Omega Premiere, and the Faust Premiere), and it was a tough book to find. IF you found a copy, it was $100-125...in 1990 dollars. IF you could find one. The fact that it's a magazine made it that much tougher.

Flash forward about 20 years, and I find a copy in the magazine box of my LCS....$3, minus 25% discount.

It's about a VF, but....it was $2.45 in 2010 dollars.

Happy...happy...happy day. I giggled with joy that moment. Oh, sure, it's not worth what it was...but who cares? I got it for $2.45! That's cheaper than anything on eBay, and...I found it in the wild!

Now, all I need is #2, and my set's complete.

:cloud9:

Just wondering if he bought them slabbed or subbed them and got this amazing grade

I'm not sure, but Juggy is a boss. I bought his undercopy Hellrazor HC, and he snaked me out of the finest set of M-I-B raw books I have ever seen. He has been my daddy ever since.

mess, I need friends like him!

OK so its worth less now but so what? Still awesome! :cloud9:

Quadrant was one of those "you'll have to pay through the nose, kid!" books when I first started collecting (like the Omega Premiere, and the Faust Premiere), and it was a tough book to find. IF you found a copy, it was $100-125...in 1990 dollars. IF you could find one. The fact that it's a magazine made it that much tougher.

Flash forward about 20 years, and I find a copy in the magazine box of my LCS....$3, minus 25% discount.

It's about a VF, but....it was $2.45 in 2010 dollars.

Happy...happy...happy day. I giggled with joy that moment. Oh, sure, it's not worth what it was...but who cares? I got it for $2.45! That's cheaper than anything on eBay, and...I found it in the wild!

Now, all I need is #2, and my set's complete.

:cloud9:

Aint that the truth, I remember saving my shekels just to get Vortex #1, I could only wish I'd get Quadrant #1. Most comic shops didnt even have anything before #4 let alone the high price.

Imagine what would happen if the grading system was implemented back then and you had that 9.8??????

I would imagine he slabbed it himself. The Jugster's a machine. He puts my drek to shame, and my drek ain't so drekky.

:whee:

Not anymore. I sold off most of my copper books. But anything can be found again.