• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My road to success (Moving Update 2)
8 8

6,552 posts in this topic

Batman 189 Update 2

Everything has been worked out and the final numbers are

Paid $108 USD

Sold $211.81 USD

So does the sale price include shipping? Or is it extra? How will the book be shipped?

The sale price includes shipping because he paid for it. Tracked packet International

So did he pay $211.81 USD for the book and shipping or did he pay $211.81 plus actual shipping cost?

If shipping was included in the sale price, would this be a fair approximation?

$218 (sale price) - $6 (PayPal fee) - $45 (CDN to USD converted shipping cost) = $167

$167 (funds after all fees) - $108 (what you paid for the book) = $59 profit

Is that how the deal went down?

Edited by Wall-Crawler

Batman 189 Update 2

Paid $108 USD

Sold $211.81 USD

So does the sale price include shipping? Or is it extra? How will the book be shipped?

The sale price includes shipping because he paid for it. Tracked packet International

So did he pay $211.81 USD for the book and shipping or did he pay $211.81 plus actual shipping cost?

$218 (sale price) - $6 (PayPal fee) - $45 (CDN to USD converted shipping cost) = $167

He paid $220 plus the actual shipping cost

So here's how it went down

I wanted 210 Shipped for it, he contacted me and I asked him to give me the address

I said that it would cost 10 dollars extra

He then sent over 20 dollars instead of 10 because I said it could cost extra as it's just a quote.

I went and got the actual quote and he went with the one that Cost $42 USD

So I took it away and left him with the difference that he had left to pay

$42-20= $22

I told him I felt bad for messing up the first quote so I will give him an $8USD credit for my mistake so it's like he had paid 28 usd

$42-28USD = $14

He paid the difference of 14USD and thanked me

So these are the final numbers

$220

-8.91 PP fee

-8 Shipping Credit

= $203.09

The rest he paid for

Batman 189 Update 2

Paid $108 USD

Sold $211.81 USD

I wanted 210 Shipped for it, he contacted me and I asked him to give me the address

He then sent over 20 dollars instead of 10 because I said it could cost extra as it's just a quote.

$42-20= $22

I told him I felt bad for messing up the first quote so I will give him an $8USD credit for my mistake so it's like he had paid 28 usd

$42-28USD = $14

$220

-8.91 PP fee

-8 Shipping Credit

= $203.09

The rest he paid for

Your math is so damn confusing. So you wanted $210 shipped. Then you found out you couldn't figure out the shipping cost right so you told him to pay you an extra $10 to cover the cost of shipping. Once you got the actual shipping cost you found out you screwed up again and asked him for more money. You ask that he pay you an additional $14 so his grand total came out to be $210+$20+$14 = $244?

If that's the case then its sad you didn't honor your price to the buyer. If you stated $210 shipped then it should have been that. The fact you charged the buyer shipping charge after you quoted him a "shipped" price is shady.

Batman 189 Update 2

Paid $108 USD

Sold $211.81 USD

$42-20= $22

$42-28USD = $14

$220

-8.91 PP fee

-8 Shipping Credit

= $203.09

The rest he paid for

Your math is so damn confusing. So you wanted $210 shipped. Then you found out you couldn't figure out the shipping cost right so you told him to pay you an extra $10 to cover the cost of shipping. Once you got the actual shipping cost you found out you screwed up again and asked him for more money. You ask that he pay you an additional $14 so his grand total came out to be $210+$20+$14 = $244?

If that's the case then its sad you didn't honor your price to the buyer. If you stated $210 shipped then it should have been that. The fact you charged the buyer shipping charge after you quoted him a "shipped" price is shady.

210 is what I said it would be then I said add 10 dollars and that should cover and I also said I'll get a quote and see what they tell me just in case and you pay the rest and he agreed. Nothing is shady about it I told him everything I was doing.

Batman 189 Update 2

Paid $108 USD

Sold $211.81 USD

$42-20= $22

$42-28USD = $14

$220

-8.91 PP fee

-8 Shipping Credit

= $203.09

The rest he paid for

210 is what I said it would be then I said add 10 dollars and that should cover and I also said I'll get a quote and see what they tell me just in case and you pay the rest and he agreed. Nothing is shady about it I told him everything I was doing.

You kept adding more shipping which was more than the original price.

Batman 189 Update 2

Paid $108 USD

Sold $211.81 USD

$42-20= $22

$42-28USD = $14

$220

-8.91 PP fee

-8 Shipping Credit

= $203.09

The rest he paid for

You kept adding more shipping which was more than the original price.

I also said that I have to check to make sure if that quote was accurate and he agreed to pay whatever else there was to pay, I don't rip people off I tell them what I pay.

Gabe is damned one way or another.

lol

That kind of happens when you don't know what you're doing. (shrug)

Yeah it was a bit of a mess next time I'll do it better

You've said that before. At least now I know what a broken record sounds like.

lol

Good job on making some profit on that book. If you are going to keep selling invest in a digital mailing scale so you can give immediate and accurate shipping quotes.

You are lucky the buyer didn't walk away as the cost of shipping kept going up. Some may have gotten annoyed with that and wanted out.

lol

Good job on making some profit on that book. If you are going to keep selling invest in a digital mailing scale so you can give immediate and accurate shipping quotes.

You are lucky the buyer didn't walk away as the cost of shipping kept going up. Some may have gotten annoyed with that and wanted out.

The back and forth regarding the shipping charges was not very professional. I think if he stated he would send the book out for $210 shipped then he should have stuck to that. I know he could care less for advice from boardies since he thinks he knows what he is doing and every mess is just another "i'll do better next time" type experience but after a couple years of this when is he actually going to do better?

lol

You've said that before. At least now I know what a broken record sounds like.

To be fair I only shipped a book internationally once.

lol

Thanks. For the scale can it be any digital scale as long as it's accurate?

lol

The back and forth regarding the shipping charges was not very professional. I think if he stated he would send the book out for $210 shipped then he should have stuck to that. I know he could care less for advice from boardies since he thinks he knows what he is doing and every mess is just another "i'll do better next time" type experience but after a couple years of this when is he actually going to do better?

Yes I agree I should have gave him the quote from the get go instead of doing it in parts that's something I'll keep in mind.

Comic Plan

So I was asked a while back what comics I wanted to sell and when, though I didn't do it for all I prioritized some I want to sell in the next 30-45 days if I can

#1) IH 180 CGC 5.0 SS Stan Lee

2) Fantastic Four 53 CGC 7.0

3) Daredevil 257 CGC 9.8

The Second Category is comics that I don't mind waiting for 2-3 months to sell

1) Betty and me 16

2) New Gods 7

3) NYX 4

4) Doctor Aphra #1 Set

Yeah anything like this should do you fine Gabe.

https://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_1_6?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=postal+scale&sprefix=postal%2Caps%2C288

You just want it accurate and with a high enough capacity for larger packages.

Yeah anything like this should do you fine Gabe.

https://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_1_6?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=postal+scale&sprefix=postal%2Caps%2C288

You just want it accurate and with a high enough capacity for larger packages.

Thanks

8 8