• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My road to success (Moving Update 2)
8 8

6,552 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, 1Cool said:

Why not?  You may even be able to get a dealer badge with your celebrity status.  Dig thru long boxes and I'm sure you will go home with some flippable books.

I'm working on it and my focus has been on flipping smaller comics and my phone isn't co-operating with me on that. But I do have some comics in mind I can buy $1.50 and flip for 7-8 bucks

4 hours ago, Gatchaman said:

If you really want to help, as he won't take other advice and you want to keep trying, give him another alternative and/or help.

ACTUALLY, I have given him friendly advice (and been harsh at times) both publicly  and in private PMs.

I know enough to know that he really shouldn't be spending any time "dealing" and really needs to buckle down, get help and find full time employment to deal with debt and life in general so he can become an independent person.  I know it is like banging my head against a wall but at this juncture in his life, I will in no shape or form, encourage him to continue to deal in collectibles of any sorts. 

14 minutes ago, uchiha101 said:

I'm working on it and my focus has been on flipping smaller comics and my phone isn't co-operating with me on that. But I do have some comics in mind I can buy $1.50 and flip for 7-8 bucks

And how long will it take you do find that kind of deal?  How much of your day/week is spent finding these smaller $6 in profit deals vs finding a job that will pay far bigger dividends?

3 minutes ago, uchiha101 said:
9 minutes ago, revat said:

you shouldn't be putting money into ANYTHING that isn't directly related to getting a full time job, or getting the skills to get a job (or better job), and maybe to paying off debt if applicable.  Flipping comics (or attempting to) does not qualify as this. 

I disagree with that. Paying debt of is important but if I can make a few bucks to make a profit and pay off the debt faster I will and no I'm not avoiding things with jobs I'm looking for another.

and that is why you fail and will always fail. 

You find it rewarding to throw some water on grease fires in your kitchen (which generally doesn't help much, if at all), meanwhile you don't understand that your whole house is on fire and is burning down, and will be completely gone before you know it.  Youth disappears in a flash.

23 minutes ago, revat said:

You find it rewarding to throw some water on grease fires in your kitchen (which generally doesn't help much, if at all), meanwhile you don't understand that your whole house is on fire and is burning down, and will be completely gone before you know it.  Youth disappears in a flash.

PSA: throwing water on a grease fire will only spread the fire.  If you have a grease fire, your best bet is to cover it somehow.  With a lid or baking soda, for example.

1 hour ago, uchiha101 said:

Comics sold 

ASM 361 

Bought 0.80USD

Sold $11.40USD

These are the kind of deals you should continue to pursue.   (thumbsu

Not the glory of a mega-book flip, but low risk to you.  Continue to practice on these and the big one(s) will eventually come. 

2 hours ago, Wall-Crawler said:

And how long will it take you do find that kind of deal?  How much of your day/week is spent finding these smaller $6 in profit deals vs finding a job that will pay far bigger dividends?

I don't spend very long looking for these comics tbh, if I know what I want I buy it and leave.

2 hours ago, revat said:

Yes there are things I don't understand but don't go thinking I'm not seeing what I'm dealing with in terms of what I owe.

2 hours ago, chrisco37 said:

These are the kind of deals you should continue to pursue.   (thumbsu

Not the glory of a mega-book flip, but low risk to you.  Continue to practice on these and the big one(s) will eventually come. 

Thanks, I'll be working on these types of deals but that's not to say I'll ignore bigger comics.

2 hours ago, Iceman399 said:

No I mean what you do in a day.

Wake up at 11am - then eat

12pm I play video games, youtube

1pm work at dishwasher job for 4 hrs

530 home and have dinner

6 video games till 2 in the morning repeat

Here's me

Wake up at 4:30 AM

Go to gym - 5:05 AM

Come back from gym - 6:45 AM

Go to work - 7:20 AM