21 21

1,176 posts in this topic

670 posts
On 5/14/2018 at 4:39 AM, dinesh_s said:

My entries into the club :cloud9:

IMG_9406.jpg

Holy mess ...

1,168 posts

Does anyone happen to know of any coffee mugs with IH 181 cover design? I recently found a GSXM 1 mug but I don't think marvel ever made a 181 mug or cup

1,168 posts
42 minutes ago, wolverine180 said:

Sorry, I have never seen one. Have you ever seen the beach towel? I bought mine from kmart years ago. It was licensed by marvel so it is not a knockoff or anything. The funniest thing is they got the issue wrong. It has issue 124 on it instead of 181.

15294279447771534481453.jpg

15294281110951213033315.jpg

I'd never seen that. Quite the glaring faux pas there with the issue #. How did that ever get missed?! Thanks for the spot though.

I wish they'd make a coffee mug since I do collect those

472 posts
17 minutes ago, MGsimba77 said:

I'd never seen that. Quite the glaring faux pas there with the issue #. How did that ever get missed?! Thanks for the spot though.

I know right.. If I ever see a mug. I will surely let you know. 

862 posts
On 6/19/2018 at 10:59 AM, MGsimba77 said:

gotta be plenty of places online where you can make your own custom designed mugs. as long as you're not selling it, i'm sure you could make one with the 181 cover image. 

1,168 posts
1 hour ago, www.alexgross.com said:

gotta be plenty of places online where you can make your own custom designed mugs. as long as you're not selling it, i'm sure you could make one with the 181 cover image. 

I was looking for something officially licensed. Just to keep as a collectors item. Usually those sites that allow you to make custom material don't allow copyright designs. I suppose I could check on Etsy for a seller that produces mugs. I'll see... 

4 posts

Hello Everyone! First Time Long Time haha.....Had this one pressed out by CCS from a 7.0 to THISSSSSS!!! Please have a look at mine and let me in the CLUBBBBBB!!!:headbang:

HULK181.jpg

HULK181_2.JPG

Edited by Patrick Youkanna
Added a photo and touting CCS's awesome press!

4 posts
14 minutes ago, davebo357 said:

That's quite an upgrade. Congrats!

Thanks!!Agreed! Lots of non color breaking creases and finger dents on the back cover was what helped that! I was ecstatic!!!

Edited by Patrick Youkanna

459 posts
On 8/1/2018 at 9:35 AM, TheBrownWolverine said:

Hello Everyone! First Time Long Time haha.....Had this one pressed out by CCS from a 7.0 to THISSSSSS!!! Please have a look at mine and let me in the CLUBBBBBB!!!:headbang:

HULK181.jpg

HULK181_2.JPG

Wow, damn lucky on that one. Congrats!

9,580 posts
57 minutes ago, Howling Mad said:

Probably Yes, as the CGC 9.6 graded copy went for over $13K in the last Heritage Auction:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/bronze-age-1970-1979-/the-incredible-hulk-181-marvel-1974-cgc-nm-96-white-pages/a/7187-92391.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

Of course, that copy had the much dreaded White Pages, which Jaydog would say should have really knocked the price down.  lol

459 posts
3 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Probably Yes, as the CGC 9.6 graded copy went for over $13K in the last Heritage Auction:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/bronze-age-1970-1979-/the-incredible-hulk-181-marvel-1974-cgc-nm-96-white-pages/a/7187-92391.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

Of course, that copy had the much dreaded White Pages, which Jaydog would say should have really knocked the price down.  lol

There's no doubt that the $13.1K one has nicer pages and centering, but damn, that's a fairly significant difference.

1,168 posts
13 hours ago, Howling Mad said:

12 hours ago, lou_fine said:

The auction ended on a Thursday afternoon. I believe it had just one more bid in the final hours. Who the hell holds an auction for such an important book on a freaking Thursday afternoon when everyone's at work???

4,929 posts
53 minutes ago, MGsimba77 said:

The auction ended on a Thursday afternoon. I believe it had just one more bid in the final hours. Who the hell holds an auction for such an important book on a freaking Thursday afternoon when everyone's at work???

Work?? Where are your priorities lol 

862 posts
On 8/1/2018 at 7:35 AM, TheBrownWolverine said:

HULK181.jpg

HULK181_2.JPG

congratulations! thats an incredible bump up! i think the cost of a press just earned you about $250,000 or thereabouts. 

1,554 posts
3 minutes ago, www.alexgross.com said:

congratulations! thats an incredible bump up! i think the cost of a press just earned you about $250,000 or thereabouts. 

hm you mean $1500?