• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men TV show from Fox
2 2

228 posts in this topic

I got that as well, FF...the kid just seems to have telekinesis. His sister just puts up shields, but they aren't totally invisible.

I really enjoyed the first episode. Nice to see some familiar faces, solid acting and the special effects were pretty good.

On 10/6/2017 at 9:10 AM, fantastic_four said:

Finally saw it today and really liked it. 

+1. Better edited than the 'Inhumans' in Hawaii. Has a nice mix of recognizable X-men related characters like Strucker, Blink, Warpath or Thunderbird(?), Lorna/Polaris (? Magneto's daughter), and Sentinel (Services) directed by Bryan Singer (X-men movies).

Edited by aardvark88
sp.

Pretty cool second episode.

I notice they brought up another organization ( Stryfe's Mutant Liberation Front). That's an X-Force reference as well. Blink and Polaris demonstrated some pretty impressive powers. Blink more than anyone else this go-around.

I like how the Strucker family learns just how bad it gets for mutants now that they are on the other side, rather than taking it for granted at least the husband always knew. It makes the show story more believable.

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 3:43 AM, Bosco685 said:

I notice they brought up another organization ( Stryfe's Mutant Liberation Front). That's an X-Force reference as well. Blink and Polaris demonstrated some pretty impressive powers. Blink more than anyone else this go-around.

I like how the Strucker family learns just how bad it gets for mutants now that they are on the other side, rather than taking it for granted at least the husband always knew. It makes the show story more believable.

This has quickly become one of my favorite comic book shows, behind only Arrow.  But Fox has definitely gone in the right direction with Legion and this show.  My biggest gripe is with the kids.  I think I'd like the powers to be a little bit more distinguishable in general, and from each other.  Also, I don't like that the daughter looks sooooo unrelated anyone else in the family (though I guess at least marginally more like the grandma), that's always been a peeve of mine, when they're not even appearing to try.  Unless that was done on purpose....

16 minutes ago, revat said:

Also, I don't like that the daughter looks sooooo unrelated anyone else in the family (though I guess at least marginally more like the grandma), that's always been a peeve of mine, when they're not even appearing to try.  Unless that was done on purpose....

Have you watched Me, Myself, and I?  Three actors playing the same character at 3 different ages and none of them look even remotely like each other. 

Just now, nearmint said:
17 minutes ago, revat said:

Also, I don't like that the daughter looks sooooo unrelated anyone else in the family (though I guess at least marginally more like the grandma), that's always been a peeve of mine, when they're not even appearing to try.  Unless that was done on purpose....

Have you watched Me, Myself, and I?  Three actors playing the same character at 3 different ages and none of them look even remotely like each other. 

I noticed that in the commercials/previews for it.  I stay away.  I'm not watching it, but Young Sheldon does look reasonably (within the range) like Jim Parsons from Big Bang Theory, so that's cool.  Just be in the range, like there's a chance....Hayden Christiansen and Mark Hammill were in the range, Ewan McGregor and Alex Guiness were in the range...Jessica Alba and Chris Evans is a fail.  RDJ and Dom Cooper is perfect!

51 minutes ago, revat said:

This has quickly become one of my favorite comic book shows, behind only Arrow.  But Fox has definitely gone in the right direction with Legion and this show.  My biggest gripe is with the kids.  I think I'd like the powers to be a little bit more distinguishable in general, and from each other.  Also, I don't like that the daughter looks sooooo unrelated anyone else in the family (though I guess at least marginally more like the grandma), that's always been a peeve of mine, when they're not even appearing to try.  Unless that was done on purpose....

I wonder that sometimes too on the family at least resembling even slightly something from mom or dad. But I still like the actors they picked so far.

The final minute or two hosed up on my DVR, and Comcast isn't making it available for me on demand.  When it cut off, the dad in custody was talking to the agent telling him he's been in his shoes and that threatening his mom with prosecution seemed like an act of desperation.  That's the last I saw...what happened after that?

Watched both episodes on DVR and enjoy it so far. Much better than I expected. Like the story and cast interaction. The ring tone easter egg was a nice surprise and I hope they're able to do more little things like that throughout the series. 

Couple things stretched believability for me, but I'm willing to overlook them for the sake of the story

Spoiler

Why didn't Polaris just shoot the cop instead of slamming him into the wall.
Dad seemed to go all out fugitive pretty quick even though he'd been a prosecutor for years.
Dad, with no powers whatsoever, was also conveniently the last one set to go through the portal and so missed escaping.

Even still, it's interesting and good enough to keep me watching for the rest of the season.

1 minute ago, Antpark said:

Watched both episodes on DVR and enjoy it so far. Much better than I expected. Like the story and cast interaction. The ring tone easter egg was a nice surprise and I hope they're able to do more little things like that throughout the series. 

Couple things stretched believability for me, but I'm willing to overlook them for the sake of the story

Hide contents

Why didn't Polaris just shoot the cop instead of slamming him into the wall.
Dad seemed to go all out fugitive pretty quick even though he'd been a prosecutor for years.
Dad, with no powers whatsoever, was also conveniently the last one set to go through the portal and so missed escaping.

Even still, it's interesting and good enough to keep me watching for the rest of the season.

in general, the scene with Polaris was the toughest for me to accept.  But I guess without training and practice and exercise, in the heat of the moment one could certainly find control difficult, and/or might tire easily, and/or have difficulty consistently applying your powers or make good decisions.  Which is why Xaviers school is important, and why its so important for military and police to train so much.  A lot of things that some people think are obvious and intuitive simply are not for other people.  Therefore the need for training.

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 6:43 AM, Bosco685 said:

Tonight I was watching Days of Future Past on the DVR, and in the opening scene, when they are in the future and being decimated by Sentinels, they showed Blink, Warpath, and Sunspot in a very rapid succession.  That can't be just a coincidence.  Yet in the  Gifted show, we know that the story is taking place after the X-Men disappeared, but clearly before the Sentinel robots were so evolved.  So I have to assume that this show isn't so far in the future that it is after Days of Future Past's Dystopian future where the X-Men were killed.  I think it's between.  This implies that the X-men are in hiding.  And Blink, Warpath and Sunspot will eventually meet up with them at some point....assuming that some master planner at Fox is keeping these time lines tidy.  I believe they have to be tidy timelines...Blink, Sunspot and Warpath hanging out together in both Days of Future Past and The Gifted (at least I think these are the same characters)  is just too coincidental.  Of course, Days of Future Past re-wrote the future, so anything is possible now.

Edited by Westy Steve

8 hours ago, Westy Steve said:

Tonight I was watching Days of Future Past on the DVR, and in the opening scene, when they are in the future and being decimated by Sentinels, they showed Blink, Warpath, and Sunspot in a very rapid succession.  That can't be just a coincidence.  Yet in the  Gifted show, we know that the story is taking place after the X-Men disappeared, but clearly before the Sentinel robots were so evolved.  So I have to assume that this show isn't so far in the future that it is after Days of Future Past's Dystopian future where the X-Men were killed.  I think it's between.  This implies that the X-men are in hiding.  And Blink, Warpath and Sunspot will eventually meet up with them at some point....assuming that some master planner at Fox is keeping these time lines tidy.  I believe they have to be tidy timelines...Blink, Sunspot and Warpath hanging out together in both Days of Future Past and The Gifted (at least I think these are the same characters)  is just too coincidental.  Of course, Days of Future Past re-wrote the future, so anything is possible now.

Sunspot is not in Gifted but in New Mutants movie. You might be mistaking Eclipse as Sunspot....

57 minutes ago, Christopher_Short said:

Sunspot is not in Gifted but in New Mutants movie. You might be mistaking Eclipse as Sunspot....

57 minutes ago, Christopher_Short said:

Perhaps.  In the Days of Future past movie, a character emitting bright light beams helped charge up Bishop.  They have a similar character on The Gifted.  Haven't caught his name yet.

37 minutes ago, Westy Steve said:

Perhaps.  In the Days of Future past movie, a character emitting bright light beams helped charge up Bishop.  They have a similar character on The Gifted.  Haven't caught his name yet.

Eclipse is his name. 

'The Gifted' Actors Tease They Are Classic X-Men Villains

gifted-natalie-alyn-lind-percy-hynes-whi

With the main characters being a family with the last name “Strucker,” there are some serious implications that the two teenagers could be a new take on Fenris, the twin mutant supervillains who are the children of Hydra leader Baron Von Strucker.

ComicBook.com caught up with The Gifted actors Natalie Alyn Lind and Percy Hynes White at New York Comic Con to find out whether or not their characters Lauren and Andy Strucker are indeed Fenris.

“Don’t say anything,” Lind advised White, warning him not to give up any information. White was indeed silent in response to the question.

Asked what comes to mind when they hear the word “Strucker,” Lind began by calling them “some very cool comic book characters who may or may not be in the TV show. We may or may not be them.”

She followed up by looking at the camera and mouthing “WE ARE,” while nodding. “But maybe not,” she added.

When asked if the word “Fenris” means anything, Lind immediately burst into laughter while White just made a noise as if he was caught saying something he shouldn’t have.

Could this hint at part of the show is from a villian's perspective why they become the way they end up? It does make sense from the Mutant theme of being misunderstood, and from the perception of people with powers being dangerous to others.

'The Gifted' Exclusive: First Look At Pulse

pulse-the-gifted-1040170.jpg

The episode “eXit strategy" will feature the first appearance of the mutant called Pulse, played by Zach Roerig (The Vampire Diaries). Unlike the other mutants introduced on The Gifted so far, Pulse is working with Sentinel Services, helping to round up mutant fugitives.

Pulse was previously a friend of John “Thunderbird” Proudstar, played by Blair Redford, one of the leaders of the Mutant Underground in Atlanta. ComicBook.com spoke to Redford about that relationship, though he felt most of the details would be best-kept secret until tonight’s episode aired.

“I think most of that has to be reserved until it pops up on the TV,” Redford said. “Pulse himself, the character is a really formidable opponent for the group to go up against. He has the power to suppress other mutants' abilities that are in his vicinity. It's clearly something that can change the game if a guy like that gets involved in the fight. As far as Thunderbird's history to him, it's a pretty big story point so I think it's best watched live.”

Now I am leaning towards Fenris more than ever with last night's episode, though their backstory and motivations have been changed.

250?cb=20170806154112

The Strucker Twins Andreas von Strucker and Andrea von Strucker were the children of Nazi supremacist Baron Wolfgang von Strucker, who saw great potential in their future. While still in-utero, the children were bio-engineered by Dr. Arnim Zola to have superpowers, using the X-Gene with each gaining the ability to fly and fire beams of concentrated plasma as long as they were in physical contact, usually accomplished by holding hands.