• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 50 Year Junk Obsession
9 9

4,504 posts in this topic

Oh heck yes. The last time it was full of Dells was when I first got it and took this photo. I put all kinds of paper stuff in it as well as comics. I just had it full of Christmas covers. I always try to use it for holidays. My favorite is Halloween covers.

Hi Gang and thanks for the warm welcome.

Hi Mitch. You probably don't remember me but I used to buy EC's from you a hundred years ago at San Diego con. I have some old pictures of you from those days I can post. I believe there is a fandom thread. I will probably post them there if I can find it. And, yes I do all the local flea markets every weekend. I also do Terry O'neil's show and go to Wondercon. I haven't gone to Diego in about three years and probably won't again because I can't get a ticket any more...

I'll locate & bump the FANDOM thread, if you'd like. (thumbs u

comicbookpremiums_zpsd424f76f.jpg

Next question, Bob (and thanks for clearing up the OCD query).The Silver Streak "poster" seems to have a personalised dedication - "To My Pal Earl".I cannot believe all of them were printed this way - but I also find it hard to believe each poster was personalised.The handwriting seems consistant in the dedication, so what's the story? Printed or actually hand signed?

Hi gojira. Yeah, the Giant Comics Edition #12 is one of my most favorite books. By far, the best Baker cover in my opinion. This one's going in the box with me!

It's one of my favorites by Baker. I never managed to find a nice copy that wasn't overpriced though. Please keep 'em coming.

Edited by gojira

The Dell rack is probably 1950's. A very lucky find. I have a couple more old racks I can post later.

The Silver Streak photo is hand signed probably by a secretary. You have to realize, this club like many others like US Jones and American Eagle Defenders Only ran a few issues before folding. I have only seen one other of these Silver Streak pictures.

Another real rare one in that picture is the Great Comics Great Zarro pin (3) issues! The Superman Action Comics ring (silver with bronze top) was a contest price in 1939. Ran in one teens number of Action comics. Maybe when I get the time I will start a thread on them if you guys want.

I even have. Wonder Woman valentine for Sharon.

Bob