• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR (May-2018)
5 5

1,501 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

So, is it same to assume everyone has seen the movie already?

There's a separate thread for posting without spoiler tags:

57 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

So, is it same to assume everyone has seen the movie already?  lol.  Saw it a 2nd time this past week, loved it just as much as the first viewing.  

exactly my experience.

9 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

There's a separate thread for posting without spoiler tags:

Who says I was gonna post something about the movie ? Just asked a simple question. And yes I am aware of the spoiler thread,  been posting there as well.

17 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:

I hate that there are two threads. Information is now discombobulated...

Right.  Information is better when it's combobulated, but now it has to be recombobulated.

Spoiler

Earlier, Thanos had sacrificed his daughter in order to acquire the Soul Stone, and this sequence is a direct callback to that, with Gamora asking her father if completing his mission was worth what it ultimately cost him. The prevailing theory is that this actually takes place inside the Soul Stone, and the film's co-director has now confirmed it. Here's what Joe Russo had to say when quizzed about the scene during a recent Q&A (via MCU Exchange):

"Yeah it’s- it’s implied it’s the soul stone. It’s all orange around, then he’s inside the stone with the amount of power that it took to snap his fingers- he has this out of body experience with Gamora."

So she’s there?

She is in fact, yes. It was an attempt on our part - because we don’t like two-dimensional roles or three-dimensional villains - every villain is a hero in their own story and as insane and psychotic and brutal and violent as Thanos is, he’s a more complex villain if you go on a journey with him emotionally. He does care about things and it is complicated for him to execute his plan and it cost him something.

He said at the end “It cost him everything” and that it was the only thing he loved which was Gamora which is why we put him back with her at the end. I just want to reiterate with the audience that he does feel true emotion even though he is a monster.

This is obviously a pretty big reveal, because if that is indeed Gamora's soul/spirit and not just a memory or vision, then there's a possibility that the character could return at some point. Most of us were under the impression that only the heroes that turned to ash after "the snap" would be back, but perhaps not!

It's a Soul Stone tip, so read only if you are up for it.

10 hours ago, Callaway29 said:

Look at it from the bright side.  Bosco gets to double up his post count.  :baiting::D

As a wee lad it was the FF and Spidey that were my favorite titles, with Thor, Tales of Suspense, and the Avengers following.
If someone would'a told me that in the far future (for a 9-year-old kid, anyway) these books would be made into high quality movies with international stars, I would'a been thrilled.
If they told me it would be the Avengers that would become the highest-grossing best movie series of the group, beating Spidey and the FF, I would'a thought they were nuts.

This just shows the relative strength of Marvel Studios in story-telling and capturing the 1960's Marvel Magic.  (Not that some of the Spidey movies weren't very, very good; but the FF, well...)
If only Marvel Studios had the rights to all the Marvel franchises, I can only imagine what we'd be seeing.

8 hours ago, Unca Ben said:

As a wee lad it was the FF and Spidey that were my favorite titles, with Thor, Tales of Suspense, and the Avengers following.
If someone would'a told me that in the far future (for a 9-year-old kid, anyway) these books would be made into high quality movies with international stars, I would'a been thrilled.
If they told me it would be the Avengers that would become the highest-grossing best movie series of the group, beating Spidey and the FF, I would'a thought they were nuts.

This just shows the relative strength of Marvel Studios in story-telling and capturing the 1960's Marvel Magic.  (Not that some of the Spidey movies weren't very, very good; but the FF, well...)
If only Marvel Studios had the rights to all the Marvel franchises, I can only imagine what we'd be seeing.

Did you ever reflect on maybe it was better Marvel suffered through the situation it made for itself, forcing the studio to focus just on the characters it does own?

Otherwise, maybe if it had all those other character rights it may have spread itself thin trying to push all these other characters. What it ended up doing is making them hungry to exceed Blade, Sony's Spider-Man and Fox's X-Men franchises. And with Feige, he learned directly by producing a number of those other movies before the MCU.

Edited by Bosco685

On 5/4/2018 at 10:09 AM, Callaway29 said:

You should have been there when we had five (5) Man of Steel threads. And everyone felt their thread was the real first one posted.

Why I started encouraging consolidated movie and TV threads. It was crazy!