• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR (May-2018)
5 5

1,501 posts in this topic

So it has been confirmed today that Vision is in this.

Why does this need confirmation? He has the Mind Stone in his fricken forehead! Other than Thanos, he was the only character that was guaranteed to be in this!

12 minutes ago, Wall-Crawler said:

Lots of speculation about Adam Warlock (still) obviously they would want to keep this "under wraps" but is there a possibility we might not see Warlock? I say this because could his rights potentially be tied up with Fox and the FF "franchise"?

Difficult to say. There doesn't seem to be a hard and fast rule that bases ownership of a character's rights to where the character first appeared. Fox owning FF but Marvel using Black Panther is a good example.

it probably comes down to which characters were specifically negotiated into the original contracts which is information I don't think any of us fans are privy to.

1 hour ago, Gatsby77 said:

Good point. I'd forgotten about Black Panther as an FF property.

I'm still pissed that supposedly Marvel can't use Kang because Rama Tut first appeared in FF.

I feel the same way. Kang would be the perfect Villain after Thanos. It wouldn't surprise me if Fox uses him as a Villain in X-Factor since they've already done Apocalypse. Otherwise, I just have a hard time seeing Fox pull off Kang after watching them mess up the FF franchise so badly.

3 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

So by the 50th character you weren't concerned?

:baiting:

Ok, I've been worrying about that for awhile.

New Avengers: Infinity War Set Photo Teases Massive Cast

86z0phh.png

Avengers: Infinity War is going to (literally) be the biggest event in the superhero movie genre - which is illustrated by the picture above!

That photo was taken from an aerial position over the Infinity War set (presumably with a drone) and shows the unprecedented number of trailers required to house the movie's massive assemblage of actors.

infinitywar-165817-197401-214379.jpg

I expect that the budget on this one will be the largest we have seen to date for a super-hero movie based on the number of actors/actresses and the CGI they will need for it. A good portion (if not all) of the production cost will likely be covered by marketing/product placement up front.

Three-fitty? (shrug)

There's no question the film will have 'too many' characters, but that's part of the giddiness of such a film.  My trust in the project remains in the team of writers and directors that brought us 'Winter Soldier' and 'Civil War', both excellent movies overall.  I just love the fact that we're sure to get at least a strong, character-based -script; can't wait to see how they write Thanos.

Dan