• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR (May-2018)
5 5

1,501 posts in this topic

The sticking point before was apparently marvel wanted to recast spidey and sony didn't. Has that been resolved?

based on what I've read, Garfield is out

That's what a few articles are already stating. Though they all credit Latino Review with much of the details.

I want to read something from a different source first before he is considered off the project. And I have nothing against his Spidey acting at all, as I thought he was okay in the role.

I'm not a fan of Garfield, but I am even less of a fan of yet another reboot. Garfield was adequate, no need to recast IMO.

I think that is the pickle they have created for themselves. You reboot this franchise again, and audiences are going to feel like this is Spider-Man 3.0 with new faces - same stories.

So all those sites referenced the Latino Review rumor so as not to miss out.

Sony says no way

Now it comes back the other way where sites will now quote CBR in calling someone and being told no.

-------------------

Earlier today, we heard that the deal may be done, with Spidey set to appear in Avengers: Infinity War. Comic Book Resources have since reached out to Sony, and a studio representitive told them that the report is an "old rumor" with "no validity whatsoever." Marvel and Disney have not yet responded. Ultimately, this may mean nothing, but it is odd that they would respond this way.

-------------------

lol

Wait until the response comes back from someone else that everyone will quote.

Holy!

Read At Your Own Risk: The Motherload Of Rumors

This person took the Latino Review details and did some deep analysis of the cinematic impacts and changes. Feige must have one heck of a movie roadmap spread out across all four walls of his office.

I love the way this article is written with the gifs and memes.

Holy!

Read At Your Own Risk: The Motherload Of Rumors

This person took the Latino Review details and did some deep analysis of the cinematic impacts and changes. Feige must have one heck of a movie roadmap spread out across all four walls of his office.

I love the way this article is written with the gifs and memes.

I believe the NYTimes does the same thing