• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Charlton, Dell, Gold Key, and Harvey...

371 posts in this topic

Hey Hepcat, gonna strut some stuff here?Some Gorgo maybe?

Sure, why not? Here then are scans of some of my Gorgo comics:

Gorgo2.jpg

09-05-201375713PM_zps21a374ee.jpg

09-05-201375721PM_zps8436e693.jpg

09-05-201375739PM_zps71bc7568.jpg

Gorgo14.jpg

Gorgo15.jpg

Gorgo17Bethlehem.jpg

09-05-201375743PM_zps7bdbed25.jpg

09-05-201375748PM_zps1cb9d24c.jpg

:cool:

Damn. Where did you get that Tazmanian Devil # 1? (worship)

Thanks man.

I'm pretty sure I got that one from either a Clink Auction or Heritage auction two years ago.

Big Charlton, Dell and Gold Key fan reporting.

Here's the last of the Gorgo run - with a lovely "self portrait" if you will of Steve Ditko:

FantasticGiants24704x1020.jpg

I like 'em all. Then again, I am also a fan of the "so bad they're good" in all media - film, comics, art, you name it.

Now, what about some of the other "bloody awful" publishers. Where are the fans of Skywald, Lightning, M.F. Enterprises? The ludicrous and shameless attempt at a Marvel clone that was Atlas/Seaboard in the 70's?

Oh, and don't get me started on the sea of B&W dreck that arrived in the 80's. Eastman and Laird have a lot to answer for - "Adolescent Radioactive Black Belt Hamsters" anyone? "Pre-Teen Dirty-Gene Kung-Fu Kangaroos"?

Although I do have a soft spot for "Boris the Bear". lol

Big Charlton, Dell and Gold Key fan reporting.

Here's the last of the Gorgo run - with a lovely "self portrait" if you will of Steve Ditko:

FantasticGiants24704x1020.jpg

I like 'em all. Then again, I am also a fan of the "so bad they're good" in all media - film, comics, art, you name it.

Now, what about some of the other "bloody awful" publishers. Where are the fans of Skywald, Lightning, M.F. Enterprises? The ludicrous and shameless attempt at a Marvel clone that was Atlas/Seaboard in the 70's?

Oh, and don't get me started on the sea of B&W dreck that arrived in the 80's. Eastman and Laird have a lot to answer for - "Adolescent Radioactive Black Belt Hamsters" anyone? "Pre-Teen Dirty-Gene Kung-Fu Kangaroos"?

Although I do have a soft spot for "Boris the Bear". lol

Great Kongo's + Gorgo's last couple of pages. (thumbs u

Wanna start a new thread?! :baiting:

(Leave this thread to be Charlton/Dell/GK/Harvey?)

As for collecting

I collect Dell Looney Tunes related comics, some of the Popular Comics issues are stand out. I also like some Tom and Jerry stuff they did too.

Six Million Dollar Man and The Bionic Woman are my Charlton babies( grew up on those on the tube!) and I could use a Negro Romances 4 they did to complete the run.

And Harvey's golden age super hero stuff always intrigued me, but I feel I better jump in sooner than later before there's a realization there are some killer covers from that era/ genre

here's a KILLER HARVEY I recently acquired!! tough as nails though (thumbs u

16108546358_eb7a287926_b.jpg