• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Swamp Thing Rulz the Copper Age!
7 7

317 posts in this topic

On 1/6/2023 at 7:34 AM, Brandon Shepherd said:

Does anyone here know if the Swamp Thing issues after #81 were ever collecting in TPB? I re-read 9 TPBs worth, or Saga of the Swamp Thing #20-81, a.k.a. The Alan Moore and Rick Veitch runs. I want to know what happens next.

Doesn’t look like it.

https://www.comicbooktreasury.com/swamp-thing-reading-order/

On 1/6/2023 at 6:34 AM, Brandon Shepherd said:

Does anyone here know if the Swamp Thing issues after #81 were ever collecting in TPB? I re-read 9 TPBs worth, or Saga of the Swamp Thing #20-81, a.k.a. The Alan Moore and Rick Veitch runs. I want to know what happens next.

Gotta buy 'em to read 'em. :sumo:

On 1/7/2023 at 6:52 PM, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

I recommend the Mark Millar issues.  #140-171.  They were collected in TPBs too

Part of me wants to keep my TPB and back issue collection to the essentials, another part of me wants to read the era between the Wrightson/Wein and Moore runs. I’ll put the Millar issues on my list. 

On 1/7/2023 at 6:38 PM, Brandon Shepherd said:

Part of me wants to keep my TPB and back issue collection to the essentials, another part of me wants to read the era between the Wrightson/Wein and Moore runs. I’ll put the Millar issues on my list. 

#165 is one of the funniest comics I’ve ever read

2F6FB0DD-0D22-4665-9FD4-62A9697BD2AD.jpeg

On 1/7/2023 at 10:04 PM, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

#165 is one of the funniest comics I’ve ever read

2F6FB0DD-0D22-4665-9FD4-62A9697BD2AD.jpeg

Whoa! Chester sold out, man!

Swamp Thing Annual #3 was the last issue in the my TPB collection, very different. Since I wasn’t familiar with Gorilla Grodd or Congorilla I was a bit lost. 

On 1/8/2023 at 6:18 AM, Brandon Shepherd said:

Whoa! Chester sold out, man!

Swamp Thing Annual #3 was the last issue in the my TPB collection, very different. Since I wasn’t familiar with Gorilla Grodd or Congorilla I was a bit lost. 

I have to warn you that Rick Veitch never finished his intended story.  In issue #88 Alec was supposed to meet Jesus and the DC editors told Veitch they wouldn’t publish it.  As a result, he quit and the story was inadequately resolved by a new writer, Doug Wheeler.  Nancy Collins took over from issues #110-138 but I hated the art and stories in those issues. Other boardies might disagree with me though