• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

writer Jerry Siegel and artist Joe Shuster <<

11 posts in this topic

Both signatures look good. I have seen a similar Siegel drawing in the past, but stayed away because I had never seen one before and knew that Shuster was the artist.

The Shuster sketch worried me at first. To me, Superman's head looks too tall and it is the first Shuster sketch that I can think of with Supe's eye not just open, but wide open. That being said, the angle of the signature relative to the sketch is consistent with other examples I have have seen, the signature looks good, and after going on CAF to look at others, I am a lot more comfortable with the sketch itself. The only point of concern is the lack of sheen on his hair. That appears to be pretty consistent with Shuster's version of Superman, but this appears to have been done more quickly than most examples which might account for that change.

I'm not reading that anybody actually likes the art. Even if authentic. So why buy it? 5k, 4k, 1k??

I feel there's "just something not right" about the pieces, which is enough for me to keep steppin' (that gut is usually dead on)...BUT even if that wasn't the case...don't like 'em, ugly pictures, $4k...no thanks :)

Maybe if you own a comic shop and want to hang it for some sort of shop promotional value...okay, I guess?

If that shuster is real then its not a very good one. Find a better one for less money and frame it yourself 2c

As for the Siegel, well I don't know about you but sketches from writers don't add much value for me personally. Neat enough that there is an autograph but that's about it

I do not own these.

I saw them at a shop in Vegas.

Asking $5K, but dropped to $4K as soon as i showed interest ...

B93C591B-AF30-48A5-9E95-0A3096BD7FDF.jpg

1190671F-89A1-495D-AA95-BB29CC24241F.jpg

DB59E966-5EE3-47F2-8AF7-1FCBEF0E0C53.jpg

NO CERTS, so could not justify it without serious research.

Some searches on CAF Market Data sales show that more detailed sketches by Shuster have sold for anywhere between a couple hundred dollars and slightly over a grand. Siegel sketches have sold for a couple hundred. So the $4K price tag seems a bit high for partial bust and head sketches. It would be interesting to get some provenance as to when these sketches were done.

Is it a cool thing to have a nice framed image of Action 1 with sketches by the creators of Superman? Heck yeah.

Is it worth $4K? (shrug)