• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moderns that are cooling off on ebay!

67 posts in this topic

This might be my favorite thread in the modern section...

Edge of Spider-Verse 2 is entering the deep freeze. Her girlfriend Silk has lost momentum as well.

The run up on Valiant has seemed to stall as well.

$60 for a raw, regular cover Modern that came out 7-8 months ago doesn't seem like a "deep freeze" to me, but to each their own I guess.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=edge+of+spider+verse+2&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

Yea I would go as far to say it's kept it's temperature-ish, 9.8s are still holding at $600-ish. It needs to enter sub-zero temps ($400-ish) before I'll jump in on it since I missed the initial rush.

Jerome

Beyond the price differentials, is that a larger demand for the Edge of Spider-Verse #2 standard edition vs the Greg Land artwork variant edition?

I know the Greg Land piece some collectors don't prefer the artwork but I thought I heard it was a 1:25 variant, and if the print run of the comic book was 60,000, would mean that 4% (1/25) or roughly 2,400 of the Greg Land variants were printed, right?

I'm not sure in the realm of comic production runs what's considered scarce 'tho. The numbers seem pretty large in how many exist out there, knowing that unlike other items not deemed as collectible (such as magazines, other comic books etc) that nearly 100% of the print run has probably survived and none destroyed or thrown out, and all are intact in collections. Gone are the days of "My mom threw out my ________" for comics it seems.

The only people that buy variants are flippers. They all survive and at a worst are in VF and hardly anyone that actually wants the book has it.

That's what happened to me was busy when EotS2 came out thought ah I'll get one next week or one of my buddies will give me a copy. Still don't have one with a ridiculous print but I refuse to line the pockets of those that screwed me.

i had accidentally picked up two copys of EOSV 2 because i forgot i had it in my pull list and grabbed another on off the shelf at my local spot. a few days later my buddy said he didnt get one so i just gave it to him...... few months later see it going for crazy money and wanted to slap myself lol..... but me and him always look out for each other and isnt that what life is supposed to be about helping eachother lmfao

WTTB

Edge of Spider-Verse 2 is entering the deep freeze. Her girlfriend Silk has lost momentum as well.

$60 for a raw, regular cover Modern that came out 7-8 months ago doesn't seem like a "deep freeze" to me, but to each their own I guess.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=edge+of+spider+verse+2&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

Yea I would go as far to say it's kept it's temperature-ish, 9.8s are still holding at $600-ish. It needs to enter sub-zero temps ($400-ish) before I'll jump in on it since I missed the initial rush.

Jerome

Beyond the price differentials, is that a larger demand for the Edge of Spider-Verse #2 standard edition vs the Greg Land artwork variant edition?

I know the Greg Land piece some collectors don't prefer the artwork but I thought I heard it was a 1:25 variant, and if the print run of the comic book was 60,000, would mean that 4% (1/25) or roughly 2,400 of the Greg Land variants were printed, right?

I'm not sure in the realm of comic production runs what's considered scarce 'tho. The numbers seem pretty large in how many exist out there, knowing that unlike other items not deemed as collectible (such as magazines, other comic books etc) that nearly 100% of the print run has probably survived and none destroyed or thrown out, and all are intact in collections. Gone are the days of "My mom threw out my ________" for comics it seems.

The only people that buy variants are flippers. They all survive and at a worst are in VF and hardly anyone that actually wants the book has it.

I buy many variants, and have never sold/traded a comic. I have every comic I ever bought since the early 70's.

Well it's nice to know someone does.

I generally don't buy incentive variants, but when I do, they're for me. Or if I already have one and it's cheap it's to trade for another that I want. Speculating on incentives seems like a big gamble. I will occasionally buy some extra copies of books that I think have future value potential, but never at inflated prices.

Jerome

That's what happened to me was busy when EotS2 came out thought ah I'll get one next week or one of my buddies will give me a copy. Still don't have one with a ridiculous print but I refuse to line the pockets of those that screwed me.

i had accidentally picked up two copys of EOSV 2 because i forgot i had it in my pull list and grabbed another on off the shelf at my local spot. a few days later my buddy said he didnt get one so i just gave it to him...... few months later see it going for crazy money and wanted to slap myself lol..... but me and him always look out for each other and isnt that what life is supposed to be about helping eachother lmfao

WTTB

THANK YOU!!

EOSV 2 is all over the place in terms of pricing for the regular first print.

50 bucks to 80 bucks seems to be the range. I think there is some shilling going on to make such a range but hey could all be legit.

Valiant stuff is starting to appear more often at shows now compared to last year. Just saw a Solar 3 at someones booth at the Albany Comic-Con. Wanted $50 for it though.

I can attest to that.

At DC's AwesomeCon a week or so ago there were a few dealers with Valiant -- but strictly the top level keys.

Saw multiple copies of Harbinger 1, Solar 3 & 10, X-O 1, Magnus 0, Solar 3, Unity 0 Red and A+A 0 gold, as well as sets of the original Unity storyline.

There was also at least one cos-play Bloodshot walking around advertising VEI's books, although I didn't see as many of those as the VH1 line.

In fact, it would have been very difficult to put together even a decent starter collection of VEI books there.

I can attest to that.

At DC's AwesomeCon a week or so ago there were a few dealers with Valiant -- but strictly the top level keys.

Saw multiple copies of Harbinger 1, Solar 3 & 10, X-O 1, Magnus 0, Solar 3, Unity 0 Red and A+A 0 gold, as well as sets of the original Unity storyline.

There was also at least one cos-play Bloodshot walking around advertising VEI's books, although I didn't see as many of those as the VH1 line.

In fact, it would have been very difficult to put together even a decent starter collection of VEI books there.

I saw a few VEI books but they were buried in 0.50 and dollar boxes. Did not see any Divinity