• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Action Figure Cover Thread!

2,130 posts in this topic

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but JTC is offering free head sketches if you order 50, 100, 150 copies and is also randomly giving away sketches for 1st, 500th ect.

http://comicsheatingup.net/2016/03/11/john-tyler-christopher-poe-dameron-covers-public-release-at-6-pm-eastern-with-a-twist/#more-13767

Hmm... doesn't make it sound very limited at all hm

That is pretty wild. I was on the website just a few minutes before posting and it clearly limited me to 1 copy only. Not sure who is able to order 50, 100, 150 copies. Maybe the early birds are limited to 1 copy and when it opens up to everyone you can order more? hm

Pre-sale is Limit 1. Regular Sale, at 6pm, is no limit.

Okay so it's 25 minutes into the public sale and they're still available.

It's not Boba B/W. Either demand is down or supply is up.

Both...........?.........

Pretty much....

Okay so it's 25 minutes into the public sale and they're still available.

It's not Boba B/W. Either demand is down or supply is up.

Both...........?.........

Pretty much....

I believe it will sell out, but will take some time. This is Poe Dameron, not Boba Fett. 2c

it took Boba Fett bw over a day to sell out....I can't imagine Poe being heavier bought than that one. I bought the Black Panther over that one...1/2 the price and a unique cover.

Edited by krighton

Yes, the BW sold out quickly once it was available to everyone. The regular Boba took a little longer. I imagine the difference is that so many more people knew about the BW when it went on sale, and there were strong sales results for the color one to tempt people to buy many of the BW.

Holy mess !!!

people are stupid !!!!!

And the seller is pretty idiotic. Stating: "and is a very low run comic. This is a first appearance of Poe Dameron in comic form so this will be a hot collectible.

I didn't know 4,000+ copies is a low run.........

Edited by Candletric

$40 isn't really that high considering the $20 plus shipping asking price. Granted people are stupid for not ordering it direct from JTC but it isn't that far of a stretch

It is very common for people to pay more on eBay when a store exclusive comic is still available from the main source. It seems to be the first listings that always get the best prices, but over time, they usually come down. I've given up trying to understand why people buy these early listings. I can only guess it is impatient collectors who are not Internet savvy and eBay is about the extent of what they know how to navigate. (I know many middle aged and older people like this.)

Take these listings for example:

eBay Star Wars Comicave exclusives

Prices range from $50 - 125 shipped on eBay. It is still available from the source for about $25 shipped (to the U.S.) Maybe it is worth $25 to $100 for someone to not to have to spend 10 minutes to surf to the source and buy it? (shrug)

The first couple of Scholastic Reading Club exclusives sold for north of $100. Now, they sell for about $5:

eBay Scholastic Reading Club exclusives

It is a crazy, crazy comic market. Definitely more people with money to burnspend than in years past.

Back on topic, does anyone know what the Darth Vader #20 action figure variant is going to be?

Edited by rjrjr

Back on topic, does anyone know what the Darth Vader #20 action figure variant is going to be?

If I hadn't seen your post, I probably would have missed this one. Is this the first ACP cover for the Darth Vader series since #1? Perhaps it will be The Emperor. I am going to need to find a checklist website to make sure I have all of them now with the exception of the B/W Luke, I missed that one and with only 250 made I probably won't see that one ever in my collection.

I didn't know 4,000+ copies is a low run.........

I had read that the print run on B/W Poe #1 was 3050 copies, where did you hear it was 4000?

Just a guess. Continued sellouts of his covers = he then ups the orders for each new cover.

If I hadn't seen your post, I probably would have missed this one. Is this the first ACP cover for the Darth Vader series since #1? Perhaps it will be The Emperor. I am going to need to find a checklist website to make sure I have all of them now with the exception of the B/W Luke, I missed that one and with only 250 made I probably won't see that one ever in my collection.

Maybe middle-aged Anakin... hm

Just a guess. Continued sellouts of his covers = he then ups the orders for each new cover.

I am pretty sure it came in at 3050, JTC announced that number a few days ago as well. It did take longer than anticipated to sell out, but could be because Poe didn't have a huge role in Force Awakens and also he is nowhere near as popular as Boba Fett.

Maybe middle-aged Anakin... hm

Hard to say but maybe. I was thinking The Emperor because I saw another variant cover by another artist and it featured The Emperor on it and unsure if The Emperor has appeared in the series yet, I have not had time to read my copies yet or perhaps The Emperor may have a big role in the upcoming 20th issue.