• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thor #156 CGC 10.0
2 2

41 posts in this topic

I saw an article on a CGC 10.0 Thor #156 that sold for around $5000 in 2002. I believe it was a donation from Chuck Rozanski to the CBLDF at a Baltimore Comic Con. Besides the one GA book from 1949 that is also a 10, does anyone know or know how to check to see what other books might exist that are 10.0's before 1970? Any guess on what that Thor might be worth now? I would guess 8-12K but Im just tossing out numbers.

the link above and the 5 10.0s include 2 modern books (the signature series books).  it's only the 3 non-signature series, that are of potential interest.  try running the search starting in 1938, and ending in 1970...i'm trying it right now, but it takes a long time to run.  zzzZZZzzzZZZzzz

On 6/5/2018 at 12:20 AM, elfboy said:

the link above and the 5 10.0s include 2 modern books (the signature series books).  it's only the 3 non-signature series, that are of potential interest.  try running the search starting in 1938, and ending in 1970...i'm trying it right now, but it takes a long time to run.  zzzZZZzzzZZZzzz

Try this: http://www.slabdata.com/blog/2017/01/20/cgc-10-the-oldest-comics-graded-perfect-10/

2 hours ago, elfboy said:

it seems like all the Kolynos, The White Guard promos never were released to the public the way they were originally intended to be...every single one that's been graded has been 9.4+, i think.

There have been 4 graded, sometime before 2004.  All were 9.8+. None since.

They probably came from the same dentist office.

4th on this list:

http://www.cgcdata.com/cgc/cgc99

Edited by valiantman

On 3/18/2021 at 12:35 PM, silverseeker said:

Oh man...I wonder what the final hammer price will be for it?

That book is gorgeous. I'm amazed it hasn't been put in a new holder at some point; I suppose the owner didn't want to risk any damage.