• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Almost there!

8 posts in this topic

30 down, 3 to go!

Yay!

Just got back my CGC submission of four raw high-grade comics to add to my DC Bicentennial collection.

Now that I have them back - all 9.0+ and no worse than off-white pages (two were white pages) - I'm only three comics away from a complete set!

Of the three remaining, I have a high-grade raw of Claw #8 and just need to find copies of Weird War Tales #47 and Our Fighting Forces #168, either raw or CGC.

I have the last two on want lists with about half a dozen online comic retailers and I have them as saved searches on eBay but it's going to be really hard to pick up these last two in high-grade.

Oh well, 30 out of 33 for a really obscure set ... just having fun here!

16414.JPG

See more journals by willybaum

I just checked out your set...looks great! I see they each have a number in the upper right hand corner too...reminds me of the old Marvel Stamps. I also like the story behind the mail away incentive...you can pick up the belt buckle for $22.49 on eBay if you still want it, lol. Smart man not destroying your books...they are worth way more than the belt buckle!

I just checked out your set...looks great! I see they each have a number in the upper right hand corner too...reminds me of the old Marvel Stamps. I also like the story behind the mail away incentive...you can pick up the belt buckle for $22.49 on eBay if you still want it, lol. Smart man not destroying your books...they are worth way more than the belt buckle!

I didn't realize they were numbered, this make this set that much more cooler!

Aloha!

Great stuff here - I'm a big fan of collecting themes rather than titles. It makes for a more interesting collection with a range of genres. A set of 33 is a really manageable size too. Hope the other two turn up soon.