• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING starring Tom Holland (7/28/17)
3 3

1,648 posts in this topic

Kevin Feige Confirms Marvel's SPIDER-MAN Sends 'Peter Parker' Back To High School

“We want to play with Spider-Man in the high school years because frankly there’ve been five Spider-Man films and the amazing thing about it is, even though there’ve been five Spider-Man films, there are so many things from the comics that haven’t been done yet. Not just characters or villains or supporting characters, but sides to his character. The most obvious being the ‘young, doesn’t quite fit in’ kid before his powers, and then the fella that puts on a mask and swings around and fights bad guys and doesn’t shut up, which is something we want to play with and we’re excited about.

I think it was midway through the first film that he graduated high school. At the beginning of the second Marc Webb film, he graduated high school. And some of my favorite Spider-Man arcs and Spider-Man stories, he’s in high school for a lot of it. We want to explore that. That also makes him very, very different from any of our other characters in the MCU, which is something else we want to explore: how unique he is when now put against all these other characters.

In terms of the age of an actor we’ll eventually to cast, I don’t know. In terms of the age of what we believe Peter Parker is, I’d say 15-16 is right.”

I like how now it's considered a Marvel movie

anything to sell tickets

Cap 3 is a Marvel movie and the Marvel brass are producing the new solo films. (thumbs u

And I'm glad that ridiculous "Miles Morales" rumour has finally and officially been garroted and buried in the woods. lol

-J.

Kevin Feige Says No Origin Story For SPIDER-MAN In The MCU; Teases Plans For The New Costume

"In Spider-Man’s very specific case, where there have been two retellings of that origin in the last whatever it’s been – [thirteen] years – for us we are going to take it for granted that people know that, and the specifics," he confirmed. "It will not be an origin story. But, with great power comes great responsibility. It is inherent to who his character is. But we want to reveal it in different ways and spend much more time focusing on this young high school kid in the MCU dealing with his powers." So, if we're going to dive straight into the life of this new Spider-Man (starting with Captain America: Civil War), does that mean he's already active in this world? "There is a young kid [already] running around New York City in a homemade version of the Spider-Man costume in the MCU, you just don’t know it yet," Feige laughed.

On the costume.

Feige then went on to talk about the look of the new Spider-Man and how it differs to previous versions. "I mean look, I was more involved in the Raimi ones, and think they did a very good job. But that being said, we’ve already designed the costume, which is different than any of the ones that have come before. And yet ours is classic Spidey, as I think you’ll see."

Kevin Feige Says No Origin Story For SPIDER-MAN In The MCU; Teases Plans For The New Costume

"In Spider-Man’s very specific case, where there have been two retellings of that origin in the last whatever it’s been – [thirteen] years – for us we are going to take it for granted that people know that, and the specifics," he confirmed. "It will not be an origin story. But, with great power comes great responsibility. It is inherent to who his character is. But we want to reveal it in different ways and spend much more time focusing on this young high school kid in the MCU dealing with his powers." So, if we're going to dive straight into the life of this new Spider-Man (starting with Captain America: Civil War), does that mean he's already active in this world? "There is a young kid [already] running around New York City in a homemade version of the Spider-Man costume in the MCU, you just don’t know it yet," Feige laughed.

On the costume.

Feige then went on to talk about the look of the new Spider-Man and how it differs to previous versions. "I mean look, I was more involved in the Raimi ones, and think they did a very good job. But that being said, we’ve already designed the costume, which is different than any of the ones that have come before. And yet ours is classic Spidey, as I think you’ll see."

I wonder if he'll have the underarm webbing. hm

-J.

Kevin Feige Reveals How Long SPIDER-MAN Will Be Part Of The Marvel Cinematic Universe

'For as forward thinking as we always try to be, there’s only so far you can tend to think, and our plan is fairly solid for those four or five years. I’ve never considered it in the Rom Spaceknight vernacular, necessarily. So much of the anxiety at Marvel has been ‘Who do we have contracts with, who is still involved’? You want to plot out all these years of imagination based on amazing comics, but you need real people to make time in their lives to do, and to make career decisions to do it. That has been the hardest thing to manage… but for the first time, that’s all settled. It’s all settled through [2019]. It’s all set. And we’re able to focus now just on [telling stories]. It’s everything we announced last October, and we’ve added your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man to the mix… and it’s all set.'

"The first film will involved the Sinister Six coming together with the thought to later maybe spin them off."

Not so awesome.

We don't need another villain cram fest.

Yep. Sony never learns. It's a crime against comics that they own the film rights. :cry:

Marvel Had Planned For All Eventualities When It Came To SPIDER-MAN

You made the Phase Three announcement in October, planning through 2019. Then a few months later, Marvel’s biggest character becomes available. How drastically did the Phase Three plans change when Spider-Man was back in the mix?

"As you might have imagined, that had been in the works for a long, long, long, long time. And we had, as we often do, mapped out various alternatives if things don’t happen. So we had a plan how it would continue without him and we have a plan how now it will continue with him. I wouldn’t say it was “drastic” but we were certainly happy when it all came together."

Wow!

Kevin Feige's Notes For Sony On THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 Will Remind You Why We Love Him

WikiLeaks have published all of the "Sony Hack" emails, and one particularly interesting exchange contains Marvel Studios notes on The Amazing Spider-Man 2 from late 2013.

The following notes come from an email dated November 19th, 2013 and reveal some of Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige's insights into what was wrong with The Amazing Spider-Man 2.

• Really love Electro – feels like you may not need the scene in his apartment, which makes him seems completely crazy and hard to relate too.
  • Andrew’s performance is all over the place…a lot of crying and then a lot of mania. Hard to track him emotionally sometimes. It undermines his reaction to Gwen’s death b/c he gets upset and emotional a lot.
  • There is too much back and forth with Peter and Gwen – can we recut the Dim Sum scene so that it doesn’t feel so repetitive of their break-up in the last movie – Can Peter be more honorable and definitive and less wishy-washy?
  • Spider-man needs to feel more directly responsible for preventing the planes from crashing.

"The first film will involved the Sinister Six coming together with the thought to later maybe spin them off."

Not so awesome.

We don't need another villain cram fest.

Yep. Sony never learns. It's a crime against comics that they own the film rights. :cry:

Now, come on. More characters mean more Happy Meal figures.

Short list of Spidey candidates is out.

‘Spider-Man’ Shortlist Includes ‘Paper Towns’ Star Nat Wolff, ‘Hugo’s’ Asa Butterfield

spider-man-shortlist.jpg

Sony Pictures and Marvel have narrowed down their list of “Spider-Man” contenders to a select group of up-and-coming actors that includes Nat Wolff, Asa Butterfield, Tom Holland, Timothee Chalamet and Liam James, among others, TheWrap has learned.

Sony is preparing to make test offers to several young stars next week, with a decision expected in the next 2-3 weeks, though a deal may take longer to hammer out. To be clear, none of the five actors above have test offers, but multiple individuals with knowledge of the situation have confirmed they are strong contenders who are definitely in the mix as of right now, and the group paints a picture of the kind of actor the studios want.

Sony and Marvel had no comment regarding the shortlist.

While the new Spider-Man is expected to have a cameo in Marvel’s “Captain America: Civil War,” which starts filming very soon, the role won’t need to be filled until June, when the character will be needed on set.

‘Spider-Man’ Shortlist Includes ‘Paper Towns’ Star Nat Wolff, ‘Hugo’s’ Asa Butterfield

spider-man-shortlist.jpg

Sony Pictures and Marvel have narrowed down their list of “Spider-Man” contenders to a select group of up-and-coming actors that includes Nat Wolff, Asa Butterfield, Tom Holland, Timothee Chalamet and Liam James, among others, TheWrap has learned.

Sony is preparing to make test offers to several young stars next week, with a decision expected in the next 2-3 weeks, though a deal may take longer to hammer out. To be clear, none of the five actors above have test offers, but multiple individuals with knowledge of the situation have confirmed they are strong contenders who are definitely in the mix as of right now, and the group paints a picture of the kind of actor the studios want.

While the new Spider-Man is expected to have a cameo in Marvel’s “Captain America: Civil War,” which starts filming very soon, the role won’t need to be filled until June, when the character will be needed on set.

Bottom row, far right works for me..... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

spider-man-shortlist.jpg

I had the same thought.

spider-man-shortlist.jpg

I had the same thought.

Amazing ... I thought the same thing before seeing your reply.