• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING starring Tom Holland (7/28/17)
3 3

1,648 posts in this topic

Sony Registers More SPIDER-MAN Domains

Following yesterday's news that Sony registered a new domain titled SpiderManHomecomingTheMovie.com, many speculated that the film could be titled Spider-Man: Homecoming. Well, internet sleuths have now uncovered three more domains recently registered by Sony:

• SpiderManComingOfAgeMovie.com - Spider-Man: Coming of Age
  • SpiderManGreatnessAwaitsMovie.com - Spider-Man: Greatness Awaits
  • SpiderManSuspendedMovie.com - Spider-Man: Suspended

Now I'm not convinced it's any of them. hm

I think Homecoming is the only one with a shot, but I don't think that'd be a great name.

Just go with Spectacular, or Web of, or Spiderman: Venom

SPIDER-MAN: Other Marvel Characters Will Appear

Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige has confirmed that Marvel Studios characters will appear in Sony’s next Spider-Man movie.

“He is in the universe now, and the fun of the universe is that characters go back and forth,” Feige told EW.

But which characters will it be visiting Peter Parker? Feige wouldn't say - though Civil War co-director Joe Russo jumped in to suggest the Great Lakes Avengers - but in November 2015, Robert Downey Jr. and Chris Evans let slip that they’d be returning to Atlanta for filming on another project after Civil War.

:whee:

Kevin Feige Suggests That Marvel Still Has Creative Control Of The Solo SPIDER-MAN Reboot

During the Civil War press day, Collider quizzed Kevin Feige about the specifics of the deal, and he explained that though the standalone Spider-Man reboot will be "very much a Sony Pictures movie", Marvel will still handle the creative decisions.

"We’re working very much [together]. It is a— I don’t know exactly what the credits will be, but it is a Sony Pictures production of a Marvel Studios film. The agreement was that it is very much a Sony Pictures movie. Amy Pascal is co-producing it with us and [sony Chairman] Tom Rothman is leading the charge for Sony and that we are the creative producers. We are the ones hiring the actor, introducing him in this film, and then working right now on the -script and soon to be shooting the actual Spidey film."

Feige also stated once again that the origin story won't be revisited - though that doesn't mean certain aspects of the events that shaped Peter Parker's journey towards becoming Spidey won't be touched upon.

"There are events that made Peter who he was, and we’ll certainly allude to those events, but we’re much more focused on his future and how he continues to grow and have a steep learning curve after, certainly, the adventure he had in Civil War on how to be his own hero.”

:applause:

:o

'The Vulture' Rumored To Be Villain In SPIDER-MAN Reboot; Final Title Possibly Revealed

According to Birth.Movies.Death, they've heard that the upcoming Spider-Man reboot is indeed titled Spider-Man: Homecoming (which makes sense all things considered) and that we may even get to see the treatment for that a little later today during Sony's CinemCon presentation.

Time will tell on that front, but the site adds that The Vulture is going to be a villain in the movie.

I'm not digging the title.

no one is.

I'm not digging the title.

I absolutely love it. In C O L O R. :cloud9: After seeing BvS twice and the moroseness of it all, this logo is refreshing and looks like fun. Oh yeah, they're clearly marketing this for the whole family. Remember those times, when comics were for kids?

I am guessing the title is indicating he is coming home to the MCU? Hopefully it implies it is an establish character and they will not be doing another origin film.

I was just going to post that, as with the title it is like a celebration of Peter Parker being back with his fellow heroes (though for how long...sounds like at least for a trilogy).

Feige already confirmed a few months back there will be no origin story. But it looks like he reminded people again the other day at his presentation.

Spider-Man Solo Film Details

Consequently, one of the most notable turns of this upcoming (third) Spider-Man solo film iteration is the early mandate to avoid documenting the tragic, often-told origin story of Spider-Man. With this new film serving as the sixth Spider-Man movie to come down the pike in just fifteen years, Feige implies that Marvel will not be insulting the intelligence of moviegoers by going over the iconic sequence of events in which Peter Parker gets his spider powers and lets his complacency get Uncle Ben killed. Instead, the narrative training wheels will be removed from the onset, with apparently sporadic tidbits of the story referenced (possibly via flashback). As Feige explains:

“There are events that made Peter who he was, and we’ll certainly allude to those events, but we’re much more focused on his future and how he continues to grow and have a steep learning curve after, certainly, the adventure he had in Civil War on how to be his own hero.”