• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING starring Tom Holland (7/28/17)
3 3

1,648 posts in this topic

Hes too old to be spider-man. Black or white.

32 is too old to spider-man.

I think it's definitely possible to include Miles as an older Spider-Man-type character without actually giving him the main mantle.

In fact, I love the idea. I know it's not true to the comics, but what if Morales had been acting as his own version of Spidey behind the scenes for awhile and comes out of the shadows to mentor Peter somehow?

I don't know, that seems so cool to me.

I think it's definitely possible to include Miles as an older Spider-Man-type character without actually giving him the main mantle.

In fact, I love the idea. I know it's not true to the comics, but what if Morales had been acting as his own version of Spidey behind the scenes for awhile and comes out of the shadows to mentor Peter somehow?

The problem with that is Iron Man is suppose to be Spidey's mentor in the film. It could just be that they gave him a part as a tribute to Morales of sorts but actually have no connection to him in the story-line. Besides, didn't Sony or Marvel say that they have no intention of bringing Morales to the big screen a while back? I don't see that changing in the foreseeable future.

The problem with that is Iron Man is suppose to be Spidey's mentor in the film. It could just be that they gave him a part as a tribute to Morales of sorts but actually have no connection to him in the story-line. Besides, didn't Sony or Marvel say that they have no intention of bringing Morales to the big screen a while back? I don't see that changing in the foreseeable future.

Yes, homage is all we really need. The other thing to consider is that Miles should be reserved for when Tom Holland gets too old or busy to play the part and they need to write him out.

"Spider-man" will never be Miles Morales.

It was one of the conditions when Marvel optioned the rights to Sony.

Spider-Man will always be Peter Parker on film.

Period.

-J.

Yes, but that was long before Miles Morales even existed and presumably there was extensive negotiating on a number of fronts in the new Marvel-Sony deal, possibly including this.

Period.

-J.

Yes, but that was long before Miles Morales even existed and presumably there was extensive negotiating on a number of fronts in the new Marvel-Sony deal, possibly including this.

That's wishful thinking.

Marvel stepped in to salvage and redeem the legacy of Peter Parker on film. And there have always been plenty of other Spider derivative characters out there. Miles Morales is just another in a long line (and not even the most interesting or best selling one ).

Stan Lee is on the record saying that Peter Parker will always be "Spider-Man" on the big screen. Marvel just barely got back their biggest toy.

No one is even thinking about Miles Morales (other than maybe all the speculators stock piling copies of ultimate fallout 4). lol

-J.

Period.

-J.

You forgot the Spider-Man Animated Movie (or whatever Sony is going to call it).

XpqZ6eG.png

Animated Spider-Man from Sony (12/21/18)

RUMOR: Miles Morales Will Be The Focus Of Sony's Animated SPIDER-MAN Movie In 2018

We've known for a while now that Phil Lord and Chris Miller's animated Spider-Man movie won't be set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, so if this new rumour is to be believed, we probably won't be seeing Miles Morales in live-action for quite some time. Heroic Hollywood reports that the character will be the focus of this movie, a decision sure to potentially please as many fans as it ultimately upsets.

After all, Miles taking centre stage in this animated feature surely reduces the chance of him being introduced in the new Spider-Man franchise, but that's purely speculation on our part, and by no means set in stone (Kevin Feige however has made it clear that Marvel intends to keep the focus on Peter Parker for the time being). Regardless, there's no denying this is good news for fans of Miles!

Period.

-J.

That's wishful thinking.

Marvel stepped in to salvage and redeem the legacy of Peter Parker on film. And there have always been plenty of other Spider derivative characters out there. Miles Morales is just another in a long line (and not even the most interesting or best selling one ).

Stan Lee is on the record saying that Peter Parker will always be "Spider-Man" on the big screen. Marvel just barely got back their biggest toy.

No one is even thinking about Miles Morales (other than maybe all the speculators stock piling copies of ultimate fallout 4). lol

-J.

I disagree with you. There was a large amount of support for Donald Glover when he was vying for the Morales role, which can't all have just been Glover love. I've also seen a few people on these very boards previously express interest in him onscreen.

Also, nothing Stan Lee says on record matters at all. He has no say in these movies.

Period.

-J.

That's wishful thinking.

-J.

I disagree with you. There was a large amount of support for Donald Glover when he was vying for the Morales role, which can't all have just been Glover love. I've also seen a few people on these very boards previously express interest in him onscreen.

Also, nothing Stan Lee says on record matters at all. He has no say in these movies.

I think you're forgetting when the rights deal for Spider-man were actually struck.

It's common knowledge that Peter Parker as Spider-Man in every (live action) big screen film was part of the deal.

Period.

-J.

Could Glover be a young Robbie Robertson? The Prowler? Rocket Racer? Flash Thompson?

He's probably going to be Uncle Ben.............. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Period.

-J.

That's wishful thinking.

-J.

I think you're forgetting when the rights deal for Spider-man were actually struck.

It's common knowledge that Peter Parker as Spider-Man in every (live action) big screen film was part of the deal.

Period.

-J.

Okay, but are you referring to the deal back in the 90s, or in 2014?