• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nellie the Nurse #1 auction listing mistake - ends tonight

10 posts in this topic

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nellie-the-Nurse-1-Atlas-Golden-Age-Comic-1945-Good-Girl-Marvel-/201297098886?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ede3df886

This isn't Nellie the Nurse 1 from 1945. It's from 1957. You can find it in Overstreet listed last under the NELLIE THE NURSE section (page 824). In VG, it guides for $28, whereas the 1945 version guides for $106.

A bit late I know! Closes in a half hour... saw this before but forgot about it till just now

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nellie-the-Nurse-1-Atlas-Golden-Age-Comic-1945-Good-Girl-Marvel-/201297098886?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ede3df886

This isn't Nellie the Nurse 1 from 1945. It's from 1957. You can find it in Overstreet listed last under the NELLIE THE NURSE section (page 824). In VG, it guides for $28, whereas the 1945 version guides for $106.

A bit late I know! Closes in a half hour... saw this before but forgot about it till just now

Kind of a rookie mistake for Sparkle City to make, isn't it?

I wonder if the bidding is high because it's a #1, or if it's the same bidders who go after Marvel silver-age GGA stuff like Sherry the Showgirl?

This isn't Nellie the Nurse 1 from 1945. It's from 1957. You can find it in Overstreet listed last under the NELLIE THE NURSE section (page 824). In VG, it guides for $28, whereas the 1945 version guides for $106. A bit late I know! Closes in a half hour... saw this before but forgot about it till just now

Just ended at $235 or something. I hope the buyer knew what he was doing.

I'm guessing the bidders knew what was up, it's clearly a post-code book. The DeCarlo style GGA cover by Everett is probably what drove the price. It's not unusual for harder to find issues of Atlas GGA humor mags to sell for multiples of guide. I was watching that auction and didn't even notice the 1945 date. I also didn't know what guide value was and was willing to bid about that as a flip proposition just based on the coolness of the cover without any knowledge of what FMV is. Needless to say, I was underestimating it greatly.