• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Studios' WOLVERINE 3 - LOGAN starring Hugh Jackman (2017)
8 8

1,131 posts in this topic

Even the geography will be different. No Las Vegas = Hammer Falls without the Thor license. They could have Magneto be one warlord and Dr. Doom the other, if they want to revisit the Incredible Crash Dummies Doom they created. It's going to be so many different substitutions and compromises that I wish that they would pick another story. There are so many good Wolverine stories out there, that they don't have to shoehorn in Old Man Logan. Heck, make it a movie where Daken is first introduced. Or X-23.

Tie it into the Weapon X story where they went underground and rather than control Wolverine, tried to clone him. It took 23 attempts, but X-23 was finally created. X-23 is sent by the new Weapon X to take Wolverine out. They fight, yada, yada, yada and X-23 comes to realize how she's been manipulatd by Weapon X and Wolverine just wants to be left alone and retire in peace. Final scene is a girl named Laura Kinney being dropped off at the Xavier Institute and Logan saying "There are good people here. People like us. Mutants. They helped me once when I had nowhere else to turn and evolved me from an animal into a hero. They can do the same thing for you."

(thumbs u +1 this sounds like simple genius

Cue X-23/Laura Kinney as the "new" Wolverine in the X-Men flicks so you don't have to re-cast Logan.

Hugh Jackman And Liev Schreiber Have Talked About Sabretooth Returning For Wolverine 3

The actor has repeatedly hinted at an Old Man Logan adaptation coming to fruition but no one knows if that will indeed be the plot of Jackman's grand finale and, even if it is, what actors and characters will be joining him for the swan song?

Well, maybe Liev Schreiber's Sabretooth might be tossed into the mix. On the red carpet for the Oscar's yesterday MTV's Josh Horowitz caught Schreiber and asked him if there's any chance of him returning to the X-Men universe for Wolverine 3. "We've talked about it," Schreiber said, referencing himself and Jackman.

"I don’t know. He’s mentioned it to me," the actor went on. "The Old Man Logan story — that’s appealing. That’s something that I can do. Old, being the operative word."

Gavin Hood Looks Back on ‘X-Men Origins: Wolverine’: “I Own the Mistakes I Made”

The director hasn’t said too much about the film in the past, but now he’s opened up a little about his experience on the 2009 comic book movie.

After winning an Oscar for Tsotsi, Hood got the opportunity to make his first Hollywood movie. Rendition, he says, was actually a “positive experience,” but he wasn’t afforded the same level of creative freedom on his followup film, X-Men Origins: Wolverine. Hugh Jackman and Hood wanted to make a movie “about a guy who is a superhero, but doesn’t really like what he does and has all this post-traumatic stress disorder.”

"When ‘Tsotsi’ happened, the best we were hoping for, frankly, was to get the film released in our own country. It was made for a very low budget, and so the event that followed, including the Oscar, were not something you planned, and they came, frankly, as a huge shock, and I thought we were very lucky, and it could have been somebody else, but when it happened, Hollywood has a strange sense of calling, and when you’re young, you have a strange way of being flattered by that call, for good or bad."

That call led to a tough experience. Hood had to deal with stunt casting, a second unit director he couldn’t see eye to eye with, and a writers’ strike left the production without a finished -script. When the title of the film was changed Hood wasn’t even aware about it until Jackman showed it to him on IMDB.

Hood, wisely, doesn’t play the blame game, taking full responsibility for the film:

"I’m very grateful because I managed to buy a house off that film, so don’t get me wrong. I own the mistakes I made. I learned a great deal, but I hope that the film tonight is more in my wheelhouse. If you don’t like the film, you can tell me after. I come back for Q&A, and I have no one to blame. It comes from working with a writer who I loved, prepping it with producers who really wanted to make the same movie, and that’s the Hollywood story."

This sounds like another Fantastic Four event for Fox, which led to the mess that is X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

:(

Hugh Jackman Saves Son And Others On Bondi Beach

Actor Hugh Jackman was also on the beach at the time, and Channel 9 caught footage of him helping his son, 15-year-old Oscar, get to shore, along with another swimmer. Afterwards, he attempted to get the attention of other swimmers to get to shore for their safety.

Lifeguards at the beach also helped rescue civilians, and after the ordeal, the beach was temporarily closed. Jackman did not speak to the press, as I imagine his focus was on his son, and rightfully so. A witness did speak about Jackman's actions, commending him on staying calm through the process.

Hugh Jackman And Liev Schreiber Have Talked About Sabretooth Returning For Wolverine 3

The actor has repeatedly hinted at an Old Man Logan adaptation coming to fruition but no one knows if that will indeed be the plot of Jackman's grand finale and, even if it is, what actors and characters will be joining him for the swan song?

Well, maybe Liev Schreiber's Sabretooth might be tossed into the mix. On the red carpet for the Oscar's yesterday MTV's Josh Horowitz caught Schreiber and asked him if there's any chance of him returning to the X-Men universe for Wolverine 3. "We've talked about it," Schreiber said, referencing himself and Jackman.

"I don’t know. He’s mentioned it to me," the actor went on. "The Old Man Logan story — that’s appealing. That’s something that I can do. Old, being the operative word."

That would be awesome! :cloud9:

My dad just got offered to do this job, turned it down because he didn't want to leave NY. We are good friends with the executive producer so I'm gonna see if I could get a copy of the -script when its out.

The Canadian National Library and Archives is getting into the April Fools’ Day spirit by declassifying the military record of James “Logan” Howlett, a.k.a. the Wolverine.

pZ261ZP.jpg

i1CG8AN.jpg

Boyd Holbrook Cast As Main Villain In Hugh Jackman's Final Wolverine Movie

According to Deadline, Narcos star Boyd Holbrook has been cast as the main villain in Hugh Jackman's third and final Wolverine solo film.

The 34-year-old actor is playing a "relentless, calculating and intense head of Security for a global enterprise who is set against Jackman’s clawed Wolverine/Logan hero."

wolverinevillain-178191.png

hm

Boyd Holbrook Cast As Main Villain In Hugh Jackman's Final Wolverine Movie

According to Deadline, Narcos star Boyd Holbrook has been cast as the main villain in Hugh Jackman's third and final Wolverine solo film.

The 34-year-old actor is playing a "relentless, calculating and intense head of Security for a global enterprise who is set against Jackman’s clawed Wolverine/Logan hero."

wolverinevillain-178191.png

hm

Awww no Cyber :(

meh....

The 34-year-old actor is playing a "relentless, calculating and intense" head of Security for a global enterprise who is set against Jackman’s clawed Wolverine/Logan hero.

Do we need another movie like this...?

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....

How about a portly former assassin?

1r5F07Ob.jpeg

Wolverine 3 Will Be Set In The Future

Producer Simon Kinberg has revealed that The Wolverine 3 will be set in the future of the X-Men movies timeline.

The confirmation would seem to backup rumors that The Wolverine 3 will be inspired by the story “Old Man Logan,” by Mark Millar and Steve McNiven. That story took place in a dystopian future where the villains had finally won, and Mysterio had tricked Wolverine into murdering the X-Men.

Wolverine 3 Starts Casting Calls in New Orleans

A casting call from Central Casting is looking for stand-ins and photo doubles on "Juarez," the code name for the as-yet-unnamed Wolverine 3.

The stand-ins needed are shorter "Caucasian, Hispanic and Asian looking females over the age of 21," specifically at a height of 4'-4'11" and size 0-4 with dark brown hair.

Likewise, photo doubles for the same, "Caucasian, Hispanic, and Asian-looking females" but this time children, age 6-13, at a similar height of 4'2"-4'5" and also with dark brown hair.

They're only looking for locals to submit to the James Mangold-directed film, and say "If you fit the description above, please submit a recent photo along with your name, contact phone number, and location to Juarez@centralcasting.com with DOUBLE/STAND-IN in the subject line."

X-23 being one of these?