• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Studios' WOLVERINE 3 - LOGAN starring Hugh Jackman (2017)
8 8

1,131 posts in this topic

Liev Schreiber Talks 'Sabretooth' In THE WOLVERINE 3

While many fans took that as a tease that Schreiber WILL be reprising his role, he recently revealed, when asked about the tweet, on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon that the tweet was completely misinterpreted by fans.

“People have surmised that from my tweet, but I wasn’t. I was really just saying is that something I have to do as I get older. Is that how I approach middle age? Like that.”

Following up, Fallon wanted to know if Schreiber would be willing to reprise the role, to which he replied

“Well, what I heard was... I don’t know if I’m invited, but I heard that the storyline is Old Man Logan. And when I heard that, I thought, ‘Well, you know there’s Old Man Logan, there could be Old Man Sabretooth.’”

hm

Mark Millar Explains How a Wolverine: Old Man Logan Movie Could Work Without Marvel Studios Characters

"They're not important to the story. The way I worked that thing is I actually structured it as, I broke it down mechanically - I figured out going from this part of America to that part of America and what he would encounter along the way, and then I added in the adversities later. Basically Wolverine doing The Road movie is the important thing and he has a friend [a blind Hawkeye] with him. But that friend could be Cyclops and he could be blind by the fact that his ruby-quartz visor is broken and he has to keep his eyes closed the whole time and everything, but still insists on driving the car they're crossing America with. There's lots of stuff. Instead of the Hulk, you could have the Blob or something.

“Honestly, the continuity stuff is the most boring side of it. I kind of like it, keeping it in the X-Men universe a little, too, because comic fans are different from the mainstream world. I know this stuff backwards because I've lived my whole life loving this stuff, but most people don't know all the minutia and everything so I think keeping it simplified and keeping it generally X-Men universe is a smarter thing to do.”

Mark Millar Explains How a Wolverine: Old Man Logan Movie Could Work Without Marvel Studios Characters

"They're not important to the story. The way I worked that thing is I actually structured it as, I broke it down mechanically - I figured out going from this part of America to that part of America and what he would encounter along the way, and then I added in the adversities later. Basically Wolverine doing The Road movie is the important thing and he has a friend [a blind Hawkeye] with him. But that friend could be Cyclops and he could be blind by the fact that his ruby-quartz visor is broken and he has to keep his eyes closed the whole time and everything, but still insists on driving the car they're crossing America with. There's lots of stuff. Instead of the Hulk, you could have the Blob or something.

“Honestly, the continuity stuff is the most boring side of it. I kind of like it, keeping it in the X-Men universe a little, too, because comic fans are different from the mainstream world. I know this stuff backwards because I've lived my whole life loving this stuff, but most people don't know all the minutia and everything so I think keeping it simplified and keeping it generally X-Men universe is a smarter thing to do.”

Old Man Logan

Grumpy Old X-Men? hm

I guess he could replace Hawkeye in the OML storyline. Now they just need to find something to replace Thor, Hulk, Spider-Man, Red Skull, Captain America's shield, Iron Man's armor...

Honestly, I hear for your saying, but mainstream will never know, as not many of them have ever read Old Man Logan. Old Man Logan will be all new to them when they see it on the screen. They really make these movies for the mainstream crowd now, and not us comic book readers.

There is more of mainstream movie goers than comic book readers.

That`s why I don`t bother nitpicking anymore.

Look what happened with the new FF reboot. Most of us complained, but it did no good. Hollywood does what it wants.

The box office results will be the final judge in the end.

Wolverine = Wonder Woman? hm

It's a secret project/crossover film. DC figures if you can't beat'em, then join'em (thumbs u

I was going to post them all in the Star Wars thread, but knew you had that covered.

(:

:baiting:

Wolverine thread? Whew!

Simon Kinberg Offers Update On NEW MUTANTS And The Final WOLVERINE Movie

On Where Things Stand With The Final Wolverine Movie:

"We’re pretty close to a -script that everyone’s excited about, and I don’t know when the start date is, but we won’t start until it’s ready to shoot. What Hugh said to you is the attitude we all have—myself, Lauren Shuler Donner, the studio, [director] James Mangold, Hutch Parker—all of us, feel like this is six or seven or eight (depending on how you count) movies in the making, and there are few characters in the history of cinema who have cast as big a shadow as Wolverine, so to tell the final chapter of that story, it has to be the best, and it has to have a mythic quality to it. So we have to get it right, and I think we will, and my experience working with Jim Mangold, I’ve been extraordinarily impressed with him. He’s just a really great storyteller; he’s incredible with character. Really diligent, just a special talent. I have very high hopes for that movie."

On The Storyline They're Adapting For The Third Wolverine:

"I can’t talk about what it is, but I will say that in its essence it’s something that Hugh has been excited about for a while, and something James Mangold is incredibly excited about, and the two of them together is a pretty neat thing to watch having made a movie together, and I thought they made a pretty good one. They just have a shorthand fluency and trust. It’s really nice to watch."

Hugh Jackman Has Received -script For Final Wolverine Movie

The end is getting closer for Hugh Jackman's run as Wolverine. The Australian actor has received a copy of his final Wolverine -script.

"We have a -script. A full -script," Jackman tells Collider. "To tell you, two days ago I got that the full finished—well, it’s not finished, but we’re getting super close—as you can see by the rate of my facial hair. That might give you a good clue that perhaps…yeah, it’s sooner rather than later."

"Also, the pecs are expanding as well," Kingsman star Taron Egerton, Jackman's co-star in Eddie the Eagle, added in to signify Jackman's readiness for the super hero role.

As for when the final Hugh Jackman Wolverine movie will begin filmin - that's to be decided.

"I don’t have a firm date yet," Jackman says. "My thing and I’ve told you and I’ve told everyone, it’s my last one, for me I want it to be perfect, so the moment I know it’s perfect, bang, we’ll go."