• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Collecting full runs.
1 1

91 posts in this topic

I had a buddy get frustrated with collecting runs... he loved FF but knew he could never afford the early issues... so he came up with an idea to pick a date and collect every issue that came out with a specific month from a specific year.

He chose to pick the month he started collecting which was books cover dated September 1982.

Last time I talked to him, he was still trying to find some of the Charltons that came out at that time.

Collector's mentality I suppose... but it does seem like a fun idea to try to attempt ;)

xxx ooo

Rupp

Series runs are fun. I do like to complete runs. I have been putting together GIJoe series for the last year or 2. I probably have the last 6 series runs for the title.(1-155,1-28 etc...) I go for first prints and although I am not a condition hound I believe the variants will rot a person brain. So that's where I draw the line. :sumo:

My other series run of which to speak is Uncanny X-men 200-400. I have every issue plus a few stragglers on either end. I suppose I could include my Jim Lee X-Men with issues 1-22.

I guess one day I will get back to filling in more X-Men on either end, maybe 50 issue runs 10 books at time or so. Although it gets very expensive the further back I go, so I am not sure where I would stop.

Once I get a run it's part of the concrete and I never let it go.

Edited by H0RR0RSH0W

I collect full runs.

I just never seem to get there

Strange tales 1-100- not there yet

30 cent variants - not yet

35 cent variants - nope

ASM 1-700 - Not yet

Collecting is quite different than completing.

Wow , a strange tales complete 1-100 run, now that would be an impressive achievement in any grade and it could take half a lifetime......

I had a buddy get frustrated with collecting runs... he loved FF but knew he could never afford the early issues... so he came up with an idea to pick a date and collect every issue that came out with a specific month from a specific year.

He chose to pick the month he started collecting which was books cover dated September 1982.

Last time I talked to him, he was still trying to find some of the Charltons that came out at that time.

Collector's mentality I suppose... but it does seem like a fun idea to try to attempt ;)

xxx ooo

Rupp

I realized that I'd never compete a run of some of my favorite DC titles that go back into the Golden Age, so I've set the goal of a complete run of a title published during my lifetime (April 1962). I recently got the last Action I needed - thanks, Chip! - so now I have complete 4/62-present runs of Action, Flash, Jimmy Olsen, Superboy, Superman, and World's Finest.

I still work on trying to finish runs of the titles I collect. I've just started to concentrate on a few titles at a time now; instead of trying to find all the issues that I need for all the various titles that I collect.

Psy