• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Check out this color error!

39 posts in this topic

(shrug) I guess I could be wrong though, I posted a Captain America #210 on here a few years back that had most of the red missing from the cover and everyone called it fade until I posted a back cover scan that also had the problem.

Could you repost that, as I'm pretty good at picking those out.

I have been looking through old threads trying to find it with no luck and the search function only goes back 2 years so I have come up empty here. But maybe I can still find the old scans in my photo bucket account.

:foryou:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=42377&Number=788619#Post788619

Wow! Thank you for the link cgcmod4! Very nice! :foryou:

:applause: Yes Thanks very much fof that Link cgcmod4 as I was never able to find the pictures in my photo bucket either.

811022-Untitled-1.jpg

811437-Untitled-2.jpg

Here are the comparison pictures from that thread JC, I do have to admit it does look like fade. but I feel it is not because of the back cover. (shrug)

(shrug) I guess I could be wrong though, I posted a Captain America #210 on here a few years back that had most of the red missing from the cover and everyone called it fade until I posted a back cover scan that also had the problem.

I have been looking through old threads trying to find it with no luck and the search function only goes back 2 years so I have come up empty here. But maybe I can still find the old scans in my photo bucket account.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=42377&Number=788619#Post788619

:applause: Yes Thanks very much fof that Link cgcmod4 as I was never able to find the pictures in my photo bucket either.

811022-Untitled-1.jpg

811437-Untitled-2.jpg

Here are the comparison pictures from that thread JC, I do have to admit it does look like fade. but I feel it is not because of the back cover. (shrug)

Definateiy not a fade on this one. Very cool

811022-Untitled-1.jpg

811437-Untitled-2.jpg

Definateiy not a fade on this one. Very cool

It looks like there wasn't much magenta used in that error issue's print job. CMYK printing uses different degrees of the 4 basic printing inks: C=Cyan (blue), M=Magenta (deep pink), Y=Yellow; K=blacK..

Looks to like the magenta plate was very light. That's why there's very little red on either side. It's unlikely that both sides were sun faded, but not impossible, I guess.

With the FF 110 printing error, the cyan and magenta plates were switched. Yellow and magenta were supposed to make Caucasian skin tones. Instead, yellow and cyan made green.

That all the colors are off rather than just a single part of the pallet is the indicator that the book in the OP is faded, and not a printing error.

Sun exposure can make inks fade at different rates, so it's entirely possible this is a faded cover (the OP in this thread, not the Cap)

That all the colors are off rather than just a single part of the pallet is the indicator that the book in the OP is faded, and not a printing error.

Sun exposure can make inks fade at different rates, so it's entirely possible this is a faded cover (the OP in this thread, not the Cap)

Agreed, it's a faded cover. (shrug)

Agreed, it's a faded cover. (shrug)

There are faint remnants of the red present in some areas.

Thanks for finding this, and it's definitely a different animal compared to standard fading. The yellows and blues ar vibrant, blacks don't peek out anywhere, and it looks exactly like it's missing a color.

Compare it to this one, and the differences in the yellow and green pigment (which come to the fore, but are seriously faded in the Hulk issue) are quite clear.