• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Files returns

357 posts in this topic

I watched the 1st episode. Does it get better? The story didn't really "grab me".
It's more slow-burn than firecracker. The mental/emotional roller coaster of a 'Detective vs Psycho serial killer' novel.

What I found fascinating was Anderson's ability to shift from super-hot desirable to intimidating ironlady at will. No idea how she did that. A glance, turn of the head, eyes, I really don't know. In the same scene it might go from 'my god, that woman is just all kinds of doable' to 'aw hell no, no way josé,10-point shrivel factor ice-queen, so damn cold, brrr.'

And no idea why those internal reactions, other than damn good character acting.

Ok. Slow burn I can deal with. Didn't need firecracker. Just needed it to seem like it was actually going somewhere. It didn't from the 1st episode. It was just kinda "ok, and things are happening in this world" but didn't give me that "I need to know what happens next!" feeling.

I'll give it another shot. Thanks!

Gillian Anderson on The X-Files revival: "It's strange to be back"

"It feels like it’s been a long time since I’ve played her, I can’t remember what year the movie was, but it felt like [scully] was further away from me than I’d thought she would be. But I’ve also worked really hard at putting her entirely to sleep, so that was successful; she’s just taken longer to wake up."

Gillian Anderson was then asked to describe the season premiere in three words:

" ‘Slow.’ ‘Intense.’ And it’s setting groundwork, so it’s got a particular role to play. It does exactly what it needs to do. What’s a single word for fulfilling that requirement? ‘Functional’? ‘Appropriate’? ‘Functional’ works. Slow, intense and functional!"

x-files-n-ospic-01.jpg

wait.... what time???

EDIT: dammit... that was just a commercial to sell more of the dvd sets. Well, I can watch them on netflix & play along. Now if only they'd release them all remastered & HD-ish some day.

Edited by Doktor

Beginning today, FOX will be starting a 201-day “X-Files” marathon in which one episode a day will be shown in order, leading to the January 24, 2016 premiere of the six-episode revival of “The X-Files.” A new trailer for the marathon also has a brief tease of new footage featuring David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson returning as FBI Agents Fox Mulder and Dana Scully.

Yeah, I'm not sure what the 1-episode-per-day thing is because my local FOX station didn't have any episodes scheduled for the next 2 weeks at least (that's as far as my channel guide goes on Fios). I'm so confused by that commercial.

Oh well, I'll just watch on Netflix.

The X-Files Revival Adds Robbie Amell & Lauren Ambrose

The X-Files reboot has added Robbie Amell (The Duff) and Lauren Ambrose (Dig) to the cast, Fox announced via a press release.

Amell, who's best known for playing one-half of Firestorm (Ronnie Raymond) on The Flash, will play Agent Miller, a smart and smooth agent for the FBI.

Ambrose, who is best known for playing Claire Fisher on HBO's Six Feet Under, is playing Agent Einstein. The character is described as confident and sharp.

The X-Files Revival Adds Robbie Amell & Lauren Ambrose

The X-Files reboot has added Robbie Amell (The Duff) and Lauren Ambrose (Dig) to the cast, Fox announced via a press release.

Amell, who's best known for playing one-half of Firestorm (Ronnie Raymond) on The Flash, will play Agent Miller, a smart and smooth agent for the FBI.

Ambrose, who is best known for playing Claire Fisher on HBO's Six Feet Under, is playing Agent Einstein. The character is described as confident and sharp.

Sounds like a possible setup for a passing of the torch scenario if this series is well received.

:whee:

The Lone Gunmen Returning To X-Files

When The X-Files returns to television next year, the series' main cast should feel anything but lonely.

That’s because The Lone Gunmen, the X-Files' trio of conspiracy theorists, are set to appear in Fox’s six-episode event. The three characters were played by Tom Braidwood, Dean Haglund, and Bruce Harwood. Haglund, who played the gunman “Ringo,” confirmed his and his compatriots’ return on Twitter today.

:whee: