• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

KAMALA KHAN
1 1

879 posts in this topic

There will be a subsection of Kamala fans and/or completionists who want Captain Marvel 17 (2nd print) for the cover. Simple as that.

...And a subsection of Kamala fans who want Captain Marvel #14 as Kamala Khan's first appearance :baiting:

;)

Hey, if you're sitting on a stack of 14's more power to you.

I've got more 14, 17 and ANMN Point One than 17 2nd prints. Just calling it how I see it.

Nah... Just joshin' :)

Bradleyx2 has made the most important post of the month/year

boom

I think the really low print run, Adrian Alphona cover and being out earlier by one month give Captain Marvel 17, 2nd print the edge. All-New Marvel Now Point One #1 has a near 33k print run and the Captain Marvel didn't make the top 300 for its sales month. I think all the value is derived from that print run for a well-received new character who seems to figure prominently in Marvel's future.

I've got copies of both books and they both have things working for and against them I suppose. Preview-type books can be hit or miss and the other is only a cover appearance on a 2nd printing. Had the Captain Marvel cover been by any other artist than Alphona, who was the first artist (designer?) for the series, it might not have caught on like it did. But being a legit variant, feature cover, first costume, showing powers really helps a lot. It's not a bicep or woman on the street who kinda looks like Kamala? At the end of the day, the CGC designation "Ms Marvel (Kamala Khan) cover. Pre-dates Ms. Marvel #1 (4/14)" is not too shabby either.

Cm 17 2nd boils down to a cameo and 2nd cameo at that
Nope....I have many point ones... CM 17 2nd print Is the first cover man and the cameo. I know you don't want to pay the price to grab one and that's cool but keep the facts straight . Don't be a hater ... I'll take all 4 and point one will never ever be half as rare as this tricky 2nd print. The point one variant and the 17 2nd are the best two period.

Got all 4 and happy to see this issue finally get it's due, my favorite of the 4 will always be Ms Marvel #1 that story is incredible, which is what matters in the end no? This has been a roller-coaster and is the first time in my collecting life I've seen ANTI-SPECULATION people trying to put down a book, ridiculous.

But I am happy to finally have a reason to send in my ANMN, one thing I think people are taking for granted is even though its a 30k print run, how many 9.8's do you think are out there?

I'd be all over a Point One variant if she was on the cover.

She IS on the cover

Nope....again.. She is on the regular cover not the variant. I think you need to go look at the books we are debating about. Get a real good look at the CM17 2nd while your out there. I think my comic shop will have some good pics... Just playing man I know your solid but jeez do some leg work.

im talking about the regular cover....in this case the regular should be more desirable than the variant since shes on the cover. My mistake, I glossed over where he said variant, I know that one doesn't have her on the cover....The regular cover with her on the cover is way undervalued regardless of whether you think the variant is the one you should be collecting

I rarely see the variant for sale, I've always assumed people were discussing the regular since the variant is a 1:75 and isn't so,d that often.

Anyways, people will collect what they want regardless of any forum disagreement of which is more desirable.

Edited by krighton

:news::news::news:

I just got off the phone with CGC and they will make a post here soon guys!!!!! Our questions will be answered!!!

I always find this interesting, because when you think about it, does CGC really benefit by clearing this issue up? Not really. If they keep it vague, they get several more books submitted, which helps their bottom line.

This debate sounds pretty much hollow as it’s not clear if we are talking of what is more "desirable" as a book and what is the actual first Ms. Marvel story.

The Point One is clearly the first story (I have not read it, but it has been confirmed) while the second print of Captain Marvel #17 may be desirable and scarcer but it doesn’t change the fact it’s not the first story and of course proper appearance.

This does not mean the #17 should be less valuable, it just means most people do not care about such details, but want to have the story, and as much as one might like the cover variants, it’s something additional.

And please, it’s Kamala Khan, not Kamala Kahn. :P