• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

KAMALA KHAN
1 1

879 posts in this topic

You must really love propaganda lol. The acusation of market manipulation is a false statement with no solid back ground what so ever. To be telling people not to buy based on that is obsurd. If anything sell if you are an invester and make your money. If anybody is actually believing this nonsense...smh...smh. I just got here and i already see the same people posting negative propaganda on anything they dont like...especially all the new hot stuff. This is a fact..look back on here and on the Gwenpool thread..rumor speaders and nothing more. I say buy what you like for whatever something is worth to..and you cannot go wrong..If you invest and loose? Oh well...try the stock market then ..lmfaooo

One relisted item??? Hahahaaa..really? Wow! This shows the buying did not pay for the item..that happens very often on ebay..nice try though..seems to me you are really reaching on this one.. you must not have this book but want one so bad that your mad you missed the boat ;)

You must really love propaganda lol. The acusation of market manipulation is a false statement with no solid back ground what so ever. To be telling people not to buy based on that is obsurd. If anything sell if you are an invester and make your money. If anybody is actually believing this nonsense...smh...smh. I just got here and i already see the same people posting negative propaganda on anything they dont like...especially all the new hot stuff. This is a fact..look back on here and on the Gwenpool thread..rumor speaders and nothing more. I say buy what you like for whatever something is worth to..and you cannot go wrong..If you invest and loose? Oh well...try the stock market then ..lmfaooo

I love to be educated when the opportunity knocks. Many people on these boards have decades of experience seeing so called "hot" books come and go. It's not unwise to listen to all points of views. I honestly don't care what you spend your money on or how you see something as an investment. No reason at all to be defensive or attack others comments because you don't agree with them.

I recognize that English is not your first language, so maybe there's something lost in translation here, but is there a reason that you feel compelled to accuse others of lying, regularly jumping to conclusions, generally being extremely defensive & attacking anyone whenever they simply disagree with how you see something?

Here & in the gwenpool thread, whenever anyone says anything even remotely negative about the book, questioning its longterm viability, pondering whether the value will be a spike & drive or a continuous incline, your immediate response is to straight up attack them. Often without having a lot of facts yourself.

Someone posted some interesting data that questions the validity of recent sale prices & you immediately jump to call it propaganda? Dude, calm down. Unless you're heavily invested in these books or somehow otherwise seriously attached to the characters, there's no need to get so argumentative.

And before you decide to get argumentative here, I could care less about this book & Kamala at all. I don't have any of the CM 17 2nd. I have a single copy of the 1st print that I dug out of a dollar bin at Half Price Books for $1 that I'll eventually dump because I don't care about the character, but I find this thread interesting to watch the rise of certain covers of certain titles for new characters. Same as the gwenpool thread.

But seriously dude, you might really want to take a more tactful approach here if you disagree with people.

One relisted item??? Hahahaaa..really? Wow! This shows the buying did not pay for the item..that happens very often on ebay..nice try though..seems to me you are really reaching on this one.. you must not have this book but want one so bad that your mad you missed the boat ;)

Market manipulation also happens on eBay fairly often.

so here is some information on ALL the sales of the CM17 2nd in 9.8

Of the 19 "sales" of the book recorded since the book came out

there are 13 books that have changed hands

of the 8 books that have only changed hands one time (no multiple sales) 1/2 of them were early on (for much lower value than current "sales")

the other 5 books have changed hands multiple times.

4 of the 5 books that were "sold" multiple times were sold twice within a few days of each other. all of them were sold and then resold at the higher price points ($500-800).

It's certainly possible that the 4 legit looking sales in the last 4 months could have been influenced by the 11 fishy ones.

disclaimer, I have no interest in collecting modern comics. I do not own a CM17, and I'll never own one. I AM interest in watching the market trends (why I subscribe to GPA even though I rarely buy) so I hope someone can see that this is not some fanboy jealousy hate or whatever they think is going on..

One relisted item??? Hahahaaa..really? Wow! This shows the buying did not pay for the item..

where does it show that the buyer didnt pay? or are you just doing your own inference?

Here's the most recent "sales" history of that ONE cert

Sep-30-2015 $550 Cert# 0616531001

Oct-03-2015 $750 Cert# 0616531001

Nov-07-2015 $870 Cert# 0616531001

and I dont even know how many other times it was "listed" on the market

think a book Sold, and then flipped 4 days later? Think It was sold, paid for shipped out, recieved and then relisted and sold again all within 4 days?

Also if the $870 sale was a nonpayment sale, why'd the seller up his price 15% instead of just relist it at the same price it had previously "sold for" (all of this is moot because the Nov 7 was a completed sale, and its recorded as such.

One relisted item??? Hahahaaa..really? Wow! This shows the buying did not pay for the item..

where does it show that the buyer didnt pay? or are you just doing your own inference?

Here's the most recent "sales" history of that ONE cert

Sep-30-2015 $550 Cert# 0616531001

Oct-03-2015 $750 Cert# 0616531001

Nov-07-2015 $870 Cert# 0616531001

and I dont even know how many other times it was "listed" on the market

think a book Sold, and then flipped 4 days later? Think It was sold, paid for shipped out, recieved and then relisted and sold again all within 4 days?

Also if the $870 sale was a nonpayment sale, why'd the seller up his price 15% instead of just relist it at the same price it had previously "sold for" (all of this is moot because the Nov 7 was a completed sale, and its recorded as such.

good questions and good info. seems pretty tough to say that it doesn't at least look preeetttty fishy, although some might try.

What exactly makes the 2nd print of Captain Marvel #17 so expensive? :o

low print run, first appearance of the new Captain Marevl (Kamala Kahn) who has gotten very popular (she appears in costume on the cover of the 2nd print, though just in plainclothes in the book itself)... and maybe market manipulation... ;)

What exactly makes the 2nd print of Captain Marvel #17 so expensive? :o

short version: New Ms Marvel is on the cover, and this appears to be the first place anyone has seen her. Couple that with what appears to be a low print run, and an increasingly popular character.

The long version, is read this whole thread for your self and decide if that constitutes a first appearance or not.

Dude, calm.... down.

You're like that spastic guy on the dance floor that constantly makes a spectacle of himself.

This guy is selling 9.8 books. the pictures and certification numbers he is using are from my sales and scans. I asked him why he is using my stuff and he blocked me! i reported it but nothing ever happened. .. BUT THOSE ARE NOT SHILLS OR FAKE SALES ! his listings state stock photo ! Edited by paul747

This guy is selling 9.8 books. the pictures and certification numbers he is using are from my sales and scans. I asked him why he is using my stuff and he blocked me! i reported it but nothing ever happened. .. BUT THOSE ARE NOT SHILLS OR FAKE SALES ! his listings state stock photo !

So he only steals photos to list books he may or may not have? I'm sold. Buy with confidence! :insane:

This guy is selling 9.8 books. the pictures and certification numbers he is using are from my sales and scans. I asked him why he is using my stuff and he blocked me! i reported it but nothing ever happened. .. BUT THOSE ARE NOT SHILLS OR FAKE SALES ! his listings state stock photo !

All the more reason to take this all with a heavy grain of salt.

It may not be rotten, but it sure stinks likes last week's fish.