• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

KAMALA KHAN
1 1

879 posts in this topic

This guy is selling 9.8 books. the pictures and certification numbers he is using are from my sales and scans. I asked him why he is using my stuff and he blocked me! i reported it but nothing ever happened. .. BUT THOSE ARE NOT SHILLS OR FAKE SALES ! his listings state stock photo !

Is he really? I know who he is, ive seen him on facebook and google groups....maybe i should call him out..

Only two of my cgc 9.8 sales where on eBay j . The rest where off of eBay, but multiple copies to a single buyer. A lot of what is on eBay is pretty legit. Supply and demand.

2 of the most recent $800.00 plus sales are a boardie who is definitely legit. I also have countless offers for the few I have left and I am in a holding pattern.

As of less than 3 months ago the NM copies I offered up had huge resistance at $150. I can send you scans of the books. They were both very nice copies and had only 1 offer on ebay and 1 offer on the boards. The selling prices of $135 and $130 were reasonable at the time but within 8 weeks the book tripled in value for no reason other than new highs of 9.8 slabs being sold. Of course the recent sales are legit. The hype of this book has already happened. I guess the next step is a buy it now 9.8 being sold for $1200. Then $1500. If you're so confident of the books staying power I'd love to see a 9.8 get sold on a reputable auction site for $1000+..

You should have had it graded. One offer? Anyways... I think the crazy train has rolled in on the prices. I will not defend a manipulated market price and agree it could be happening. As others pointed out those 1000 sales all happened at once last week and it does seem off. I love the book . Because of supply issues I don't know what the price should be but it seemed more honest in the 500.00 range . It did double in a couple of weeks and that's never good.

it seems like there are two camps at the moment

1. those who have the book and love the current state of the market and don't care how it got to that point and whether sales are legit or market manipulation

2. those who don't have the book and are looking at the reported sales with a critical eye and are questioning the market based on duplication of serial numbers around sales, repeated sales by the same seller, repeated buys by the same buyer and what appears to be quick turn-arounds on books bought and then resold within a few days.

group 1 has a vested interest in defending the market, group 2 isnt going to move them off that.

and with that

3. Those who HAVE the book AND who are looking at the reported sales with a critical eye and are questioning the market. :hi:

This guy is selling 9.8 books. the pictures and certification numbers he is using are from my sales and scans. I asked him why he is using my stuff and he blocked me! i reported it but nothing ever happened. .. BUT THOSE ARE NOT SHILLS OR FAKE SALES ! his listings state stock photo !

Is he really? I know who he is, ive seen him on facebook and google groups....maybe i should call him out..

He's selling a lower grade raw copy that he won from me on ebay some months back, so at least that one is legit

Only two of my cgc 9.8 sales where on eBay j . The rest where off of eBay, but multiple copies to a single buyer. A lot of what is on eBay is pretty legit. Supply and demand.

2 of the most recent $800.00 plus sales are a boardie who is definitely legit. I also have countless offers for the few I have left and I am in a holding pattern.

As of less than 3 months ago the NM copies I offered up had huge resistance at $150. I can send you scans of the books. They were both very nice copies and had only 1 offer on ebay and 1 offer on the boards. The selling prices of $135 and $130 were reasonable at the time but within 8 weeks the book tripled in value for no reason other than new highs of 9.8 slabs being sold. Of course the recent sales are legit. The hype of this book has already happened. I guess the next step is a buy it now 9.8 being sold for $1200. Then $1500. If you're so confident of the books staying power I'd love to see a 9.8 get sold on a reputable auction site for $1000+..

You should have had it graded. One offer? Anyways... I think the crazy train has rolled in on the prices. I will not defend a manipulated market price and agree it could be happening. As others pointed out those 1000 sales all happened at once last week and it does seem off. I love the book . Because of supply issues I don't know what the price should be but it seemed more honest in the 500.00 range . It did double in a couple of weeks and that's never good.

I agree that the 500.00 range made sense. It's a great character and the book is tough to find. But when prices kept creeping up it raised question marks.

He's selling a lower grade raw copy that he won from me on ebay some months back, so at least that one is legit

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CAPTAIN-MARVEL-17-2nd-print-Variant-1st-KAMALA-KHAN-Ms-Marvel-FINE-/252136713057?hash=item3ab484eb61:g:ip4AAOSw5ZBWGP12

Wow.

Just wow. That's crazy. Or crazy like a fox. Only time will tell.

He using your photos too?

I had a 9.8 listed on ebay a few weeks ago at either 1200 or 1100 with beat offer and probably had like 14 offer ranging from 600, my lowest, to 850, the highes. Declined them all and took book down.

I know of two people, trusted sellers/collectors that have sold a copy for 900 and 950. Thats the highes ive seen, 950.

Edited by Santos208

I think he has the books and is legit. I just think he is lazy on the scan dept. He said stock photo in his earlier listings . I do think sales are legit for the most part. nope just heard other wise. could be a shadester !

Edited by paul747

He using your photos too?

No, he took his own picture for the listing

Currently only 6 copies listed on ebay

5 BINs and one "auction" with a reserve (for the SS copy) if Im not mistaken...

could swear that one of the main "bidders" on the reserve SS copy is the same buyer/seller of one of the $800 copies (just based on the feedback number)

could swear that one of the main "bidders" on the reserve SS copy is the same buyer/seller of one of the $800 copies (just based on the feedback number)

I agree. Threw like 2 offers at me on multiple listings weeks ago.

Yeah that's him shilling up the place again. :eyeroll:

-J.

Yeah that's him shilling up the place again. :eyeroll:

-J.

I think I agree Mr J dog detective. your good at the shill uncover. Edited by paul747

Why have Stan lee Sig on this book? man he gets his paws on all books. I read the new #1 Ms Marvel today and it was great ! right where it left off. If some of you have not read her stories, this is a good jumping on point.

Edited by paul747

Nobody can really know the answer to that. There can be no numerical equation that can actually predict a "speculation price". Overstreet can give you a totally wrong and much lower going rate for any given book. The lines have been blurred and I believe any (spec) book is worth what your willing to pay. Thats pretty much what a spec price is: What others are willling to pay. So really manipulation or no..its worth what its going for atm but only if your willing to pay. Anybody can loose there shirt in 5 or 10 years on a spec buy or you can HIT THE JACKPOT.

Nobody can really know the answer to that. There can be no numerical equation that can actually predict a "speculation price". Overstreet can give you a totally wrong and much lower going rate for any given book. The lines have been blurred and I believe any (spec) book is worth what your willing to pay. Thats pretty much what a spec price is: What others are willling to pay. So really manipulation or no..its worth what its going for atm but only if your willing to pay. Anybody can loose there shirt in 5 or 10 years on a spec buy or you can HIT THE JACKPOT.

Or maybe there is a way to do it, but they're not foolish enough to publicize it.

There are a LOT of geniuses out there, and they often see things in ways that we don't. But hopefully, their time is better spent on something either more lucrative or beneficial to humanity.