• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

KAMALA KHAN
1 1

879 posts in this topic

I have no stake in this character, but as an outside observer, my opinion is that those cameos both suck. They're basically on par with the Doomsday's fist and Venom's arm cameos. I don't think a second print cover changes that.

I'd go with whatever full appearance came first after those cameos as the book to own.

^^

People questioning what I meant.. this says it just fine. They suck, I have no interest in them. Even if the market blindly steers itself this way, I'm just not interested.

CM #17 and the Point One book make a whole lot more sense from a collectible perspective.

And, by the way, I have no stake in this either. I like the character, but I don't even own any of these books (yet).

My problem with Kamala is that Marvel directed the artists to put her in those books!

Scott Hepburn was told to put a muslim girl in his Captain Marvel books by Marvel! So I don't think they can be argued as not being first appearances, but again this is just my opinion based on discussions with Hepburn on how Marvel told him to put her in there.

My problem with Kamala is that Marvel directed the artists to put her in those books!

Scott Hepburn was told to put a muslim girl in his Captain Marvel books by Marvel! So I don't think they can be argued as not being first appearances, but again this is just my opinion based on discussions with Hepburn on how Marvel told him to put her in there.

so what your saying....is that the largest comic company in the world owned by the largest media company in America has some creative and editorial influence over a fictional comic that they publish, with artists and writers that they pay to create the comic. I'm gonna have to think on this one for a while, I'm having a pretty tough time getting my head around it.

Edited by Revat

Aren't most artists told to put characters in books (shrug)

FWIW, two members of the creative team (writer & editor) are female Muslim.

My money is on Ms. Marvel #1 being the most sought after book of the bunch but my money is light on this book all of the way around. I bought 2 copies of 1 regular cover and 1 of the McKelvie variant. I do. Have a CM #17 but while I think it is somewhat important, I like the #1's better.

I'm going with all-New Marvel Now Point One as the key Kamala Khan book. Although Captain Marvel 17 2nd print came out a month ahead of ANMN, I see it as a preview / advertisement for the new Ms. Marvel.

ANMN has a stand alone ms. marvel story, kamala khan is first named, and has her on the cover as well. It's just a matter of time before the first cgc copy hits the market and the label shows it as such.

This reminds me of Adam Warlock and his multiple cameos.

That is more confusing than it probably should be - if you read the source material anything other than FF 67 seems like a hard sell to me, but it seems the market has decided otherwise. Probably because Thor 165 has a better '1st appearance' cover, and most people don't actually read these books anymore.

This reminds me of Adam Warlock and his multiple cameos.

That is more confusing than it probably should be - if you read the source material anything other than FF 67 seems like a hard sell to me, but it seems the market has decided otherwise. Probably because Thor 165 has a better '1st appearance' cover, and most people don't actually read these books anymore.

Wikipedia, covers, and cgc labels are all you gonna need to gauge a book's importance nowadays.

Mile high is selling All New Marvel Now Point One variant for $150. These guys always lose their mind on variant prices.

What are you talking about? That's a bargain for a raw book that's probably a 7.5 at best. :insane:

I have 3 copies of Point One variant and I will wait and see how yours is labeled before I submit. lol

Just make sure you save me a copy. :grin:

Mine went to CCS for a Quickpress and will be in a MST/Pre-screen batch. I'll let you know in 6-months when I have it back. :sick:

I will be checking to see what your label says. :baiting:

I like All new MArvel Now Point one #1.

Despite the clunky title.

CM14 has a character that really could be anyone.

It looks like that Gypsy broad from Disney's hunchback movie more than Kamala.

CM17 has a cameo of a bicep.

Point 1 has a full story, she announces her name, appears in costume, and is using her powers.

Why not buy them all?

I've been finding CM 14 and CM 17 for under $3, I always pick them up. This point one is new to me though, will have to add it to my hunting list.

I don't think there's a 1k-2k print run on CM 17 2nd print, I find it hard to believe is that low, if it is, 9.8's should be selling for $500 right about now.

Edit:

How many covers does point one have? Just searched on eBay and I see at least 5-10 diff covers, wtf?

Edited by Santos208