• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

KAMALA KHAN
1 1

879 posts in this topic

I think the whole "Predates..." thing is silly and hope CGC changes the label to be more specific and relevant long-term.

Wonder what they'll put for Gwenpool's cover - "Predates HTD#1"?

They got it right ! great book ! its ON FIRE....

They got it wrong.

WHY is it important that it predates ANMNPO? Put THAT on the lable.

Simply being published before the others means nothing.... oh except for the "APPEARANCE" on the cover! THAT is the significant part of the book. So put "Appearance" on the label, not just that it's her.

What - you mean the fact that it says "Second Printing" or the fact the neither the word "First" nor "Appearance" appear anywhere on the label?

:baiting:

:grin:

It doesn't? (shrug)

IT SHOULD ! It is Her first appearance in full costume and face ! On a cover ! like it or not . 2nd printing means nothing. If the first printing had her first appearance the argument would not exist !

Id like to hear more on this argument. So you are saying it should be the 1st appearance. Not even a cameo right? Because she is on the cover only it should get the credit as the 1st full appearance.

I am not entirely disagreeing here. I am seeing speculators re-writing the rules for 1st appearances and cameos the last few years, but the label doesn't state its the 1st app.

I think the label description doesn't help here at all.

Edited by Fastballspecial

Exactly.

CM17 2nd Print predates a LOT of CM books.... so what!?

Why is THIS specific print noteworthy over the others mentioned? That's what needs to be put on the label.

Just picked up two more copies of Ms Marvel #1 for criminally low price, putting my tab at 6 copies now.

Y'all think this is a "sell now" title, with it going for $50-ish right now on the bay, or should I wait on all of them? Or... should I go ahead and sell a couple at current value?

What - you mean the fact that it says "Second Printing" or the fact the neither the word "First" nor "Appearance" appear anywhere on the label?

It doesn't? (shrug)

IT SHOULD ! It is Her first appearance in full costume and face ! On a cover ! like it or not . 2nd printing means nothing. If the first printing had her first appearance the argument would not exist !

Id like to hear more on this argument. So you are saying it should be the 1st appearance. Not even a cameo right? Because she is on the cover only it should get the credit as the 1st full appearance.

I am not entirely disagreeing here. I am seeing speculators re-writing the rules for 1st appearances and cameos the last few years, but the label doesn't state its the 1st app.

I dont think they can say "FIRST FULL" for the cover and last page cameo. It is technically her first "FULL IMAGE" appearance. The story in this book ties together on the last page as a motivation for Kamala to become a hero. I think the cameo and 2nd print image and SUPER LOW PRINT RUN make it a real winner. As for the label its not easy to describe.

I think the whole "Predates..." thing is silly and hope CGC changes the label to be more specific and relevant long-term.

Wonder what they'll put for Gwenpool's cover - "Predates HTD#1"?

They got it right ! great book ! its ON FIRE....

They got it wrong.

WHY is it important that it predates ANMNPO? Put THAT on the lable.

Simply being published before the others means nothing.... oh except for the "APPEARANCE" on the cover! THAT is the significant part of the book. So put "Appearance" on the label, not just that it's her.

So your saying it should say "1st full COVER appearance" ? pre dates......bla.....bla

It doesn't? (shrug)

I dont think they can say "FIRST FULL" for the cover and last page cameo. It is technically her first "FULL IMAGE" appearance. The story in this book ties together on the last page as a motivation for Kamala to become a hero. I think the cameo and 2nd print image and SUPER LOW PRINT RUN make it a real winner. As for the label its not easy to describe.

The label should state what it is - "First Cameo Appearance Of Kamala Khan In Costume As Ms. Marvel".

ANMNPO1 label should be "First Full Appearance Of Kamala Khan In Costume As Ms. Marvel".

CM14 should be "First Cameo Appearance Of Kamala Khan"

If you want to get technical you could state, "First Cameo Appearance (Cover Only) Of Kamala Khan In Costume As Ms. Marvel" and "First Full Appearance (Named) Of Kamala Khan In Costume As Ms. Marvel"

No matter what, get rid of the pointless "Predates yada-yada" blather.

Just picked up two more copies of Ms Marvel #1 for criminally low price, putting my tab at 6 copies now.

Y'all think this is a "sell now" title, with it going for $50-ish right now on the bay, or should I wait on all of them? Or... should I go ahead and sell a couple at current value?

I'll tell ya, but I'm going to need tomorrows lottery numbers.

Not really. If one reasons properly, the only truly important book if you care about the character and her introduction is Ms. Marvel #1. :)
Totally right.. A true fan would never want her 1st appearance and cover.. Nope that would be unreasonable. Edited by paul747