• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WONDERCON 2016: March 25-27 @ LA Convention Center

35 posts in this topic

This will be interesting to see how they arrange the show in this venue. This hall lacks any of the charm of a San Diego or even Anaheim (and I use charm in the most generous terms there.) Additionally, parking is horrible; public transportation is a good alternative; yes LA does have it.

On the other hand; downtown LA is undergoing a bit or a revival and with some simple research some great dining possibilities can be found pretty close.

Yeah, I was just at the LA convention center for Comikaze and the location definitely isn't anything like San Diego or even Anaheim...

For the 1st time in about a decade I will probably skip WonderCon and instead go to the inaugural Silicon Valley Comic Con on the weekend before.

Decent line-up of vintage dealers signed up so far - Harley, Bedrock, HighGrade, Graham Crackers, A-1, So Cal, F/VF, Greg Reece, Redbeard, Torpedo, etc.

Superworld won't be there, and I'm not sure about Terry's...

WonderCon 2016 Saturday Badges Are Sold Out.

Wow. Is this normal ? I didn't know this convention was that popular.

That is surprising. At least the 3-day badges are still available, and affordable compared to SDCC.

Decent line-up of vintage dealers signed up so far - Harley, Bedrock, HighGrade, Graham Crackers, A-1, So Cal, F/VF, Greg Reece, Redbeard, Torpedo, etc.

Superworld won't be there, and I'm not sure about Terry's...

Hey Steve! :hi:

I know, it'll be weird without Ted and Terry there...

WonderCon 2016 Saturday Badges Are Sold Out.

Wow. Is this normal ? I didn't know this convention was that popular.

That is surprising. At least the 3-day badges are still available, and affordable compared to SDCC.

This show reminds me of SD from about 15 years ago

I have no idea how difficult parking will be at the convention center, but prepaid parking is available now through a link on the WonderCon website. The good news is that it guarantees you a spot no matter what time you show up. The bad news is that it's $30 a day. :o

I have no idea how difficult parking will be at the convention center, but prepaid parking is available now through a link on the WonderCon website. The good news is that it guarantees you a spot no matter what time you show up. The bad news is that it's $30 a day. :o

I'd take my chances and find parking on my own. Been successful in just about every LA show.

I'd take my chances and find parking on my own. Been successful in just about every LA show.

Any recommendations on where else you've found parking? Coming from Manhattan, I have no problem walking several blocks. I just found a lot five minutes away thats a flat rate of $10 for the day. There are tons of options if you're willing to walk a little bit.

Any recommendations on where else you've found parking? Coming from Manhattan, I have no problem walking several blocks. I just found a lot five minutes away thats a flat rate of $10 for the day. There are tons of options if you're willing to walk a little bit.

Yeah, I don't mind walking some either... the pre-paid option (for $30) seems a bit of a rip.

See you guys there, let's have a great show!

Yeah, I don't mind walking some either... the pre-paid option (for $30) seems a bit of a rip.

See you guys there, let's have a great show!

Here's my secret to parking free. There's a Staples store a couple blocks away from the convention center. I forgot about the cross streets are. Might want to google it. You can park at the sides of the store in that small street. I think it's something like 16th street?