• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Defenders Thread - Netflix & **Marvel Spoiler Filled**

117 posts in this topic

Did they not already do a Blade TV series?

And was it not righteously terrible?

Spike network did one about 10 years ago. It was objectively awful & lasted about 1/4 of a season. It was also done on the budget of a semi-fledgling network, poorly casted & completely apart from both the movie continuity & connection with the rest of the Marvel Universe (pre MCU). None of that tells me that a Blade series done by Marvel & connected to the TV part of the MCU is a bad idea today.

That's like saying they shouldn't have used the black DD costume for so much of DD S1 just because it was dumb in Trial of the Incredible Hulk back in the 80's or 70's or whenever that came out.

Edited by Doktor

Did they not already do a Blade TV series?

And was it not righteously terrible?

I have it on DVD. Now I'll have to check it out as it came with the three-movie collection.

:ohnoez:

Netflix Boss Says “Any Character” Could Get a Spinoff Marvel Series

Yesterday, we reported that Netflix is considering a Punisher spinoff series starring Jon Bernthal, whose character hasn’t even debuted yet on Daredevil Season 2 (which will launch in March). Netflix didn’t comment about that spinoff during their TCA panel today, though they did announce a second season for another Marvel property, Jessica Jones. This all adds up to a complicated dance regarding premiere dates and timelines, which Netflix’s chief content officer Ted Sarandos spoke to journalists about; EW reports that.

“Right now, these are produced at the scale of a major film, so there are long production times and long post times. In some cases, when we have character crossover, it makes it more difficult to manage production. It’s not the goal to put out more than one or two out a year.”

“The complex one is really The Defenders,” Sarandos said. “The Defenders’ production schedule will determine a lot of the Season 2 and 3 output of those shows.”

But if Netflix is still considering spinning off more characters, things could get really complicated. The fact that Sarandos opened the door for more spin-offs, though, is very interesting:

“Any character that’s in there is on the table … It’s always possible. All the characters in the universe could also spin out.”

Wow! This could get deep with superhero productions.

:wishluck:

I would not be surprised if Ghost Rider shows up somewhere in there hm

Don't know about that one. Budget would have to be ridiculous for the special effects needed.

How do you figure? I look at the super-hero shows currently on TV and think pretty much anything is viable now.

Edited by Chip Cataldo

Don't know about that one. Budget would have to be ridiculous for the special effects needed.

How do you figure? I looks at the super-hero shows currently on TV and think pretty much anything is viable now.

Agreed. The only real effect would be Blaze's "flame-on" transformation, depending on how "street-level" they want to make it (as opposed to supernatural).

How do you figure? I look at the super-hero shows currently on TV and think pretty much anything is viable now.

This.

The special effects are pretty good now. Much better than a decade ago.

Daredevil's Charlie Cox Announces The Defenders Filming Date

"What we do know is at the end of this year we’re going to be making The Defenders and, of course, Daredevil is very much a part of that foursome," Cox announced. With Iron Fist season one getting started soon and a Jessica Jones second season still planned ahead of The Defenders, it may come as a surprise that the series, which brings together the four individual characters (Luke Cage comes along for the ride, too), will film in 2016.

"I have no idea what the storyline is going to be for that show," Cox cautioned. "I'm very excited to see how those worlds combine, and interested to see tonally how those shows become one."

:ohnoez::whee::ohnoez::whee:

Douglas Petrie and Marco Ramirez Tapped As Marvel’s ‘The Defenders’ Showrunners

Marvel’s Daredevil season 2 showrunners Douglas Petrie and Marco Ramirez will be staying in the Marvel universe, as the duo have signed on in the same roles for the upcoming superhero crossover series Marvel’s The Defenders. Joining them for the series is Drew Goddard, who developed Daredevil for Marvel and initially was to run the series’ first season before stepping back into a consultant role, will join the show as an Executive Producer.

Bringing together the main characters of Marvel’s ongoing family of Netflix shows, The Defenders will see the four heroes – Daredevil (Charlie Cox), Jessica Jones (Krysten Ritter), Luke Cage (Mike Colter), and Iron Fist (Finn Jones) – unite to face a threat none can defeat alone.

RUMOR: Mephisto Will Be The Big Bad Of THE DEFENDERS To Set Up Supernatural Marvel Shows On Netflix

Mephisto01.jpg

With Comic-Con right around the corner, the comic book movie news cycle has pretty much ground to a halt, but at least we have what is probably a fairly ridiculous rumour to get us through the weekend! Earlier this week, Screen Geek ran a story claiming that they've learned the identity of the big bad that Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Iron Fist, and Luke Cage are set to team-up to take down in The Defenders.

Who is it? Well, Marvel is apparently considering using Mephisto. That's a pretty unexpected choice, but with Doctor Strange and Iron Fist adding a supernatural element to the Marvel Cinematic Universe, it could work. The site also claims that it's being done to help set up the next wave of Marvel shows on Netflix, and they go on to mention long rumoured titles like Blade, Ghost Rider, and Moon Knight.

Would that be too powerful a villain for these characters, even working together to defeat him?

Well now, that is interesting...if not unlikely. One of my most vivid comic memories as a kid was following the storyline that culminated in Defenders 100, which of course featured Mephisto. I picked it up off an Osco Drug spinner rack and read it on the way home. I think it could work, but doubt that's what they'll go with.