• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Unbreakable

28 posts in this topic

Because of Daredevil I had to re-watch Unbreakable, also on Netflix. Good god, that thing is intense. The perfomances, camerawork, musical score, slow-burn pacing, everything. Mr. Glass in that comic store is right on par with Kingpin staring at that frikken' wall. Insanity personified.

I'm amazed it's a 15 year old movie, way ahead of it's time. The quality is like it was made months ago. Truly haunting and so damn good. I think it plays better now than it did when 1st released. Audiences weren't ready yet.

hero.jpg

Why some of those scenes made it into my 'best scenes in a comic book movie' thread. It truly was something different.

It's just so rich in attention-to-detail. Jackson's bizarre lop-sided haircut / his comic-book-observance of "traditionally villains heads are misshapen". Those sorts of things throughout. And the cinematography and direction those poolcover scenes. Genius.

Honestly, I never heard or watched this movie.

I heard and saw Unbroken which I thought was awesome.

I guess I will have to catch up with Unbreakable.

15 years ago was the period I was out of comics, so that`s probably why I missed it.

You are so lucky!

I remember watch this for the first time in a Concord theater, totally not in the mood for it and walking out with my mind blown on how well it was crafted.

Shyamalan put out some awesome flicks and then somehow managed to hit a few duds after them.

This was probably the best.