• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How would you react?

82 posts in this topic

Tell him no no no you didn't say Spider Gwen you wanted a Strider Pen.....from LOTR....

i take it that the comic is not worth $80 to you or it is worth that much to you but you think it is stinky for your "friend" to make a profit off of you?

Not quite, my point is don't get something for a person out of nowhere and expect them to pay for it. It's a tad insulting...or according to others this is a non issue and I'm an . :whatev:

Don't worry about them. There are people who would go after you if you saved a baby-second guessing every move you made etc etc

You have a right to feel however you feel

Something is definitely off about the situation. I would absolutely just go the casual "Oh thanks for the offer but I'm not interested" route and see where it goes.

Could be he bought several and was just offering you one because he thought you might want one - which suddenly makes it a thoughtful offer rather than a presumptive spending of your money.

Or there could be other motives behind it. Like I said, it seems odd.

That's why you should just presume no ill intent and casually reject it... And then if new info comes to light after that which DOES prove bad/selfish/thoughtless intent? Feel free to get medieval on his .

'Here's the Spider Gwen you asked him to get-it was $80'

'He got this Spider Gwen for you since you couldn't go-you owe him $80'

'He bought this Spider Gwen-you owe him $80'

Stanley which was closer to the scenario? I can't imagine you getting disturbed if it was

'Hey he bought this spider gwen-if you're interested it was $80 and you can have it for that'

i take it that the comic is not worth $80 to you or it is worth that much to you but you think it is stinky for your "friend" to make a profit off of you?

Not quite, my point is don't get something for a person out of nowhere and expect them to pay for it. It's a tad insulting...or according to others this is a non issue and I'm an . :whatev:

It's not that big of an issue, but no one here (yet) said you're an .

:eyeroll:

YOU asked US "How would you react?" and we told you. Somehow, that turned into "now you all think I'm an ." IDK how that came about, except in your head. Please stop putting things on all of us that just aren't happening.

-slym

Stanley which was closer to the scenario? I can't imagine you getting disturbed if it was

'Hey he bought this spider gwen-if you're interested it was $80 and you can have it for that'

(tsk)(tsk)(tsk)

You have a right to feel however you feel

that is the scenario. He didnt but multiple issues or anything.

I think that's a bit rude, maybe underhanded. I'm not gearing up for war or anything, and I already said thanks but no thanks. Was curious how others felt about it, that's all.

Appreciate the responses from everyone, even the trolls. :foryou: