• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Darth Vader 3 Speculation...Really??
1 1

76 posts in this topic

Regular cover continues to sell at $13, some believers out there anyway

This issue has routinely sold for less than $10 on eBay and some for less than cover price in the past month.

This is Dark Horse Star Wars #1 all over again. In 6 - 12 months, this book will be a sub cover price seller but you'll have people listing it for more because they will remember when it was hot.

This book has seen it's high. None of these characters will be showing up in a Star Wars movie. It was wishful thinking that they would.

Whether they show up in the movies or not is irrelevant. It's what Marvel does with them in comics over the next 5-10+ years that counts. This was a really good idea (especially the droids, I didn't think much of Aphra), that I can't see Marvel just dropping. Even if you don't see them again in 2015 (after the Vader series), you really think someone working on a Star Wars comic won't up and say, 'hey, why don't we use those evil droids?' The droids at the very least will end up in Star Wars canon.

Jay

Plenty of DV #3 regulars for cover at my LCS..

Theres plenty of books to speculate on, so why chose this over the others (shrug)

Good story (from the minor bit I have read).

3 first appearances (1 of which is a female which seems to be doing well). Not many books have 3 first appearances. In which characters could evolve.

Low print run for a Marvel book.

Low print run? :roflmao:

These Star Wars titles have been consistently in the top 10 titles for months now and Darth Vader #3 placed 8th in March. Low print run... :roflmao:

All relative, almost every book is a low print run compared to Star Wars #1.

Regular cover continues to sell at $13, some believers out there anyway

This issue has routinely sold for less than $10 on eBay and some for less than cover price in the past month.

This is Dark Horse Star Wars #1 all over again. In 6 - 12 months, this book will be a sub cover price seller but you'll have people listing it for more because they will remember when it was hot.

This book has seen it's high. None of these characters will be showing up in a Star Wars movie. It was wishful thinking that they would.

Whether they show up in the movies or not is irrelevant. It's what Marvel does with them in comics over the next 5-10+ years that counts. This was a really good idea (especially the droids, I didn't think much of Aphra), that I can't see Marvel just dropping. Even if you don't see them again in 2015 (after the Vader series), you really think someone working on a Star Wars comic won't up and say, 'hey, why don't we use those evil droids?' The droids at the very least will end up in Star Wars canon.

Jay

+1000

I totally agree. If there's one thing I've learned regarding the value of first appearances in comics over the last few years, its that characters showing up in movies and television is IRRELEVANT. Not LESS relevant, but IRRELEVANT. If I've seen it once, I've seen it a thousand times, comic characters showing up in movies or tv has no effect on the value of their first appearances. The ONLY thing that drives value changes in 1st app comics is their long term use in comic stories. This theory is easily proven, just look at Diablo, Gambit, Felcity Smoak, Thanos, Ultron, Preacher, Governor, Mchionne, Negan, Alias, Purple Man, Slipknot, Crystal Frost, Archangel, Apocalypse, Four Horseman, Psylocke, Deadshot, Deathstroke, Constantine, Captain Marvel, Vixen. No value changes AT all related to television/movies.

Edited by Revat

+1000

I totally agree. If there's one thing I've learned regarding the value of first appearances in comics over the last few years, its that characters showing up in movies and television is IRRELEVANT. Not LESS relevant, but IRRELEVANT. If I've seen it once, I've seen it a thousand times, comic characters showing up in movies or tv has no effect on the value of their first appearances. The ONLY thing that drives value changes in 1st app comics is their long term use in comic stories. This theory is easily proven, just look at Diablo, Gambit, Felcity Smoak, Thanos, Ultron, Preacher, Governor, Mchionne, Negan, Alias, Purple Man, Slipknot, Crystal Frost, Archangel, Apocalypse, Four Horseman, Psylocke, Deadshot, Deathstroke, Constantine, Captain Marvel, Vixen. No value changes AT all related to television/movies.

I'll contest this. LMK if you're trolling, so I can take the fish hook out of my mouth. :grin:

As examples:

Smoak - absolutely not collected until used on Arrow.

Thanos - big bump after cameo at end of Avengers.

Preacher - great series, but dead quiet until show news

Slipknot - almost purely moving on SS movie news

Deadshot - big bump with Arrow role

Many characters' first apps have been bin fodder for years until movie/TV spotlights found them. Can anyone here truly say they were buying Rocket Raccoon and Groot appearances before the GotG movie announcement?

+1000

I'll contest this. LMK if you're trolling, so I can take the fish hook out of my mouth. :grin:

As examples:

Smoak - absolutely not collected until used on Arrow.

Thanos - big bump after cameo at end of Avengers.

Preacher - great series, but dead quiet until show news

Slipknot - almost purely moving on SS movie news

Deadshot - big bump with Arrow role

Many characters' first apps have been bin fodder for years until movie/TV spotlights found them. Can anyone here truly say they were buying Rocket Raccoon and Groot appearances before the GotG movie announcement?

gotcha! Troll ftw! I'm gonna go tweet on snapchat and grindr about my victory!

1 hour ago, Revival_Hoarder said:

Book is still climbing. A 9.6 variant almost touched 900 tonight. 

People were doubting this book...just sold five of my regular covers for 350 a pop and have ten left :flipbait:

Why people have doubted the book? 

The character has been one of the most highlighted Star Wars characters since coming to Marvel.  Vader may be the only other more so, but not by much. 

It was only a matter of time.  She's going to be next level big. 

Patrick 

3 hours ago, Revival_Hoarder said:

Book is still climbing. A 9.6 variant almost touched 900 tonight. 

People were doubting this book...just sold five of my regular covers for 350 a pop and have ten left :flipbait:

But... are you still hoarding Revival?

10 hours ago, followtheleader said:

Why people have doubted the book? 

The character has been one of the most highlighted Star Wars characters since coming to Marvel.  Vader may be the only other more so, but not by much. 

It was only a matter of time.  She's going to be next level big. 

Patrick 

:banana:

On 12/23/2020 at 7:40 AM, Revival_Hoarder said:

Yup! I sure am! I sold a few #1s 9.9 and recouped enough money to pay for all my Revivals, grading fees, and Ebay fees, so it was a win-win! ^^

I was happy to see a renewed interest in Revival because I’ve been holding on to my #1 and #1 phantom forever