• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Redundant Booka & Ghost Certs

9 posts in this topic

I'd love to hear people's thoughts on how many books in the census population are erroneous. With people resubmitting for new grade, SS re-subs, etc.?

I know this really became a problem in the sports card census.

I have a few books that still show as registered copies, even though they were SS resubs. And, CGC said they review and update the data every few weeks, but would remove these ghost Certs. Now, a few years later, the books haven't been removed. Which means book populations are likely skewed, overstating graded population reports.

Exactly, so esoecially in the mid- to higher-grades are all inflated population data. And many of the books are much more scarce than the reported data indicates; at least that's my working hypothesis.

I'd love to hear people's thoughts on how many books in the census population are erroneous. With people resubmitting for new grade, SS re-subs, etc.?

I have a few books that still show as registered copies, even though they were SS resubs. And, CGC said they review and update the data every few weeks, but would remove these ghost Certs. Now, a few years later, the books haven't been removed. Which means book populations are likely skewed, overstating graded population reports.

That's odd - SS resubs have to be submitted with the old label, so it doesn't make sense that the old serials would still be active. Got an example?

That's odd - SS resubs have to be submitted with the old label, so it doesn't make sense that the old serials would still be active. Got an example?

I took this to mean that they were blue crack outs resubbed after SS. That is the only thing that makes sense. I have had a number of blue label crack outs where I have submitted the blue label and the book didn't get removed.

I took this to mean that they were blue crack outs resubbed after SS. That is the only thing that makes sense. I have had a number of blue label crack outs where I have submitted the blue label and the book didn't get removed.

Good old quality control :cloud9: